5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye 7 Function Velo Wireless Cycle Computer
This Computer is superb! If you just want the basic functions when on a ride, and not concerned about things like cadence or heart rate then it's just perfect. The price is very good too.
I would highly reccommend it.
Published on 13 Jun 2010 by Robin Hood

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing item
I ordered the cycle computer as a gift for my boyfriend for christmas, he could not have been more pleased with the item on receiving it! Unfortunately, however there is an item missing, the sticky pad. We are unable to use it without this which is quite disappointing. I have contacted their customer services so will await their response.
Published 3 months ago by laura

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cateye 7 Function Velo Wireless Cycle Computer, 13 Jun 2010
Robin Hood "R Ebdon" (( Nottingham, England)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
I would highly reccommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent basic computer, 13 Sep 2011
M. Gregory "michael0612" (Derby UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
This is our second velo wireless and for the money it's excellent. It provides all the imformation we needed for our tandem trip along the Pennine Cycleway. Just a couple of suggestions - the range is 10cm short to have it on tandem rear rider's bars, but I guess tht's a very niche requirement. Also, we were hoping just to get a second fitting kit and use our other computer, but the price differnce was minimal. Should the fitting kit really be priced at 80% of the cost of a full set?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speedo I've had and good value at 25., 2 April 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
I have to say this is a really good speedo, the best I've ever had and the first wireless effort. I once had a Cateye Astrale with cadence but that was a bit of a gimmick. The Cateye Velo Wireless has a big display and of course no wire! Just as easy to fit as a conventional device. The digits are big and clearly visible. The head unit is of an attractive design, just don't get it nicked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cateye Velo Wireless Cycle Computer, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
It was a very straightforward job fitting both the sensor to the front forks, and the Computer to the handlebars.
I am very pleased with the results, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable wireless bike computer, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
This is the 4th Cateye Velo I have bought for my different bikes - battery lasts well and they all have been reliable - no drop outs and no issues with the head unit detaching. Offers the core functions for cycling information. Only drawback is when battery does eventually go (1 year +) there is no way of re-inputting your total stats for mileage etc so you start from scratch. Easy enough to fit with flexible mounting sytem (Zip Ties) to fit all sorts of handlebar/stem front fork shapes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing item, 18 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
Easy to set up and works well.

Good service and a prompt delivery which in the lead up to Xmas was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely thanks., 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Sports)
Bought this for my wife's new Dolan Mythos. I have a similar Cateye on my Dolan Tuono. Nice big clear screen. Does what it's supposed to do. I'm happy, the wife's happy. Nuff said.

3.0 out of 5 stars cable ties and hard to remove from bike, 30 April 2013
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Misc.)
First, I should point out that I have the velo plus wireless. However, my understanding is that the two are pretty much identical except that the velo plus has two extra featues (calories consumed and carbon offset), so my comments should still apply.

I have a Sigma Bc1009 10 Function Cycle Computer - Black on my old bike. I have been pleased with the sigma but wanted a wireless one for my new bike.

I haven't had it long, but so far it works, but I have been disappointed by two things - particularly compared to the sigma.

First, the sigma uses strong rubber bands to attach the computer and sensor to the bike, while this uses cable ties. I don't know if these could scratch the paint, but I would prefer to use the rubber bands. Also, the rubber bands just look neater than cable ties.

Second, the computer is not easy to take out of the mount. The sigma has a simple twist and lock which is very easy and quick. The cateye just slides in and out, but is very stiff (which is presumably better than not being stiff and falling out) but makes it a pain to slide off.

One other difference to point out:

On the sigma, each reading (e.g. max speed, average speed) etc. is reset individually. On the Cateye, these are all done at once. Personally, I prefer the Cateye in this respect, as I typically do want to reset all at once. The sigma gives you more control, but the cateye is simpler.

Obviously, the odometer is the exception, and this isn't reset.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anoying, 8 Sep 2012
This review is from: CATEYE Velo Wireless (Misc.)
I brought this computer last year and i must say it was great and did everything i wanted it to. But after 1 year the screen kept dieing for no reason and the sensor wasn't working correctlt because i was going 30mph down a hill but it said i was doing 9! i therefore decided change both batteries and all was ok. but now after 1 month it is all ready doing the 'black' outs again. it's a good computer but it only lasts untill you have to change the battery! and then it just packs up. my brother also had this problem with the cateye computer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›