4.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money
Published on 8 Jun. 2012 by James

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so secure safe
This product was chosen after reading the reviews. I chose the warehouse deal as there was quite a saving, however, on receipt found that the lock would not work. I could not get the hook in the lock to latch into anything, it looked as though a part was missing inside the mechanism. As a warehouse returned item I can only assume that it was damaged and not checked before...
Published 13 months ago by tabler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Sentry Fire-Safe Waterproof Security File ETL-verified Protects 30min Fire 36.6 Litre 30.8kg Ref H3100 (DIY & Tools)
I am very happy with this purchase. It is very spacious, the Suspension files A4 20pk (sold separately) with plenty of paperwork and folders in them fit in just fine. I can also store a couple of 15" laptops in there too with space under the suspension files for USB flash drives, SD cards and the like. It is (reassuringly) very heavy - if you leave it on a carpet, it will leave indentation marks - best to find either a hard floor or store it in a broom cupboard or somewhere where marking a carpet is not so important. To open and close the lid you must put a fair amount of pressure on the top due to the watertight seal - not a problem for me but I think opening it would maybe be an issue for some. For under £100 this is an absolute bargain and I would definitely recommend this for safeguarding your important documents and media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sentry.... safe & sound, 3 Nov. 2013
Needed a reliable safe to protect important documents, namely our wills & deeds from fire and flood...... The Sentry file safe fitted the bill when comparing it against some others out there. After ordering & a prompt delivery on opening we were impressed with it's construction & the handy lid stay was a good feature. There is enough space for all our important files (you need to purchase hanging file wallets). It comes with two keys, you do need to push down on the lid before operating the release lever/button due to the rubber seal, the whole safe feels robust & well made, it is reassuringly heavy as you should expect a safe to be. I purchased it to protect from fire & flood which I feel confident it will, But hope it will never be put to the test. I would recommend this safe to friends & family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire, water AND burglar proof!, 11 Feb. 2014
One of my best buys ever!
Incredibly roomy, all my important documents fit easily and there's room for the external back-up drive of my computer!
Almost busted a gut getting the box up to the study on our second floor, and with nowhere to hold it once out of the box, it's going to take a very strong and determined burglar to get it back out of the front door! In fact, I'm not looking forward to moving it next time we move house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, but space for documents, 22 Dec. 2013
I picked this because it wil allow A4 in envelopes to be stored (and larger sizes too), without needing to fold or squash in. Quite heavy, but presume that's because the construction requires it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 8 Nov. 2012
I spent a while looking for a decent size fire/water proof safe that would hold various items.
This has a very decent internal size.
I can fit various external hard drives, laptop, document folders (and a large stash of cash if i every have it)....

Im impressed with the build quality too.

Very happy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars heavy stuff!, 21 Feb. 2013
The courier just about got the package inot my front door.. Wow what a solid secruity box. Just what I wanted. It has taken all the important files and documents with some sapce left.. Opening the lid is an art.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Reactions TO The Purchase Of THE SENTRY FIRE-SAFE SECURITY FILE >, 27 Dec. 2013
It fitted dimensionally into the bottom of my built in wardrobe giving safe and easy access to all my
vital papers wills and certificates of numerous types . I do not have the facility for a built in safe in a
small bungalow with `plasterboard` walls .This safe is now the only point in the whole dwelling that
gives a reasonable degree of compact safety from destruction by fire and water . It is very heavy now
loaded with the files so not easily opened or lifted or carried by an opportunistic thief ,yet easy to slide
half forward for easy use on infrequent use . It is safe long term storage rather than an active regular use,
and ideally suited in all aspects of overcoming my previous anxieties about tracking vital family seldom used
documents amid the avalanche of todays inundation of daft documents surrounding my daily/weekly life.
I like it a lot and it fulfils all my hopes and expectations .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 April 2014
Alessandro (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Recommended for anyone who needs the combination of security and storage for valuable items. Definitely worth the money and prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars large Sentry water fire safe, 2 Nov. 2014
As described. lock clasp mechanism is firm & may take a lot of pressure to close. it is meant to be water tight.
very heavy when empty. need a trolley or a strong person to lift more than a couple of meters. Good deterrent ?
we are using as an additional table / chair in lounge as we need regular use for a short time. Purchased for storage in damp areas, hence water resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and well made, 27 Jun. 2013
Arrived in good time. good safe, easy to open and close. Havent yet found suspension files which fit as shown on the picture? but its a good size and we're happy with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›