Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2010
While I was a teenager my uncle brought in the first James Last LP on vinyl and said 'Listen to this' and played his version of 'American Patrol' sounded great then and guess what it's on this fabulous three disc set.I always thought JL was the forerunner of things like That's What I Call Music,as every years he produced a couple of albums at least covering all the big hits by his own band.There wasn't an area of music he didn't seem to touch base on and in those days he produced discs of such incredible recording quality in stereo they stood out.Well here we are 2010 and here is a three disc set of his music for us all to enjoy again,old hits never hits,classics (purists would hate these even though they are well played),film themes and much more.Each of the discs is nearly eighty minutes long,great for the summer parties and barbeques,singing along in the car to,even popping on the ipod and giving your day a lift. His band has always been great and included some very well known musicians in their own right including ace guitarist Big Jim Sullivan, whose been on many a major hit record as well as in bands like Tiger. So to this music,here's afew of the tunes covered,'Cracklin' Rosie','Song Sung Blue','La Bamba','Love Hurts','Hey Baby' yes and thirty more and that's just disc one titled 'POP HITS'.Then disc two 'CLASSICAL RECORDINGS' includes Mozart,Puccinni,Straus,Beethoven,Dvorak,Brahms,Greig etc. played in Last's style which usually includes drums gently in the background.Then we get disc Three,@PARTY FAVOURITES',here tunes sauch as 'Never On Sunday','Spanish Eyes','Titanic', and twenty odd others to keep the party going.
James Last has always had singers on board to add vocals to his fabulous musicians. This is without doubt a fabulous and fantastically priced set that will give lasting pleasure and a lift to your day everytime you pop one of the discs on.
Three discs of classic hits and favourtes sums the whole thing up perfectly and this set is going to sell extremely well, it's the year when orchestras are big business and this set is ample proof why..treat yourself,you'll love it.
on 13 April 2010
Can't wait to get this. There's been a few James Last compilations in the past, but none of them have as good a selection of his best song as this does.
on 25 April 2010
James last has been mocked for far too long. In reality this man has provided great entertainment and indeed happiness to so many world wide. James Last is a brilliant arranger and musician. His musicians are amongst the best in the world. This is a great opportunity for those who like happy music to buy a great compilation album. You will not be disappointed, you will get that feel good feeling

Michael Hathway
on 28 April 2010
I first heard James Last in Manchester many many years ago. Needless to say I have bought many of his Cds This collection still has some melodies that I hadn,t got and it is fantastic value and sound quality is v good. He is fantastic he treats his orchestra very well, and yet I hear very little of him on the radio, why?
on 26 June 2010
This is a great purchase - it was bought as a gift and has give many hours of enjoyment. It has many varied tunes to suit all age groups.
I have to admit that when I purchased it I expected a CD but to have 3 in the same pack was a bonus! And the variety of choice of songs/music makes it a MUST!!!!!!!!
on 28 September 2013
For my elderly recently bereaved Dad. James Lasts's music brought him out of a depression and got my dads foot tapping. Doctors should prescribe this music to help others in my Dads position, it's worked better than any medication.
on 24 May 2010
This is a wonderful cd set. I particularly like the way each cd is dedicated to one style of music thereby eliminating the need to search for a particular type. Very very well produced also.
on 26 May 2010
This DVD wasn't actually for me but my father says the DVD contains all his favourite James Last tracks, has good quality sound and is just what he wanted.
on 8 June 2010
The producers have crammed onto these CDs so many tunes that they only play a few bars of some of them which to me spoils what could have a good set. If I knew then what it was like I would never have bought it. Alan
on 18 April 2014
Fantastic variety of music, Wonderful value for money. The music always cheers me up and anyone who comes into my car and hears it always says how much they like it. Kindest Regards Michael J Emonds Northampton