on 1 June 2012
What a fantastic buy. These must be the best quality, value for money high performance bins on the market.
Sure there are better but at what cost.
Everything about these oozes great German engineering and attention to detail. Made in China yes, as are all budget bins but Minox keep very strict quality control over their products and it definately shows.
Before buying any binoculars do what I did and research it well. Check out the specs on these. I do not think they can be beaten. Field of view, close focus, weight, dimensions, lens coatings, waterproofing etc. all class leading.
As a budget buy I honestly believe Minox BV series cannot be beaten anywhere.
on 11 July 2011
Minox BV 8x42 BR Binoculars
Bought these June 2011 to take on holiday. Proved great for wildlife/bird watching. Have had cheaper binoculars before and after buying these you can feel the quality, feel very solid in handling. Nice touch like attached rubber eye cup covers. Not tested waterproof capability but feel will last a lifetime.
on 1 March 2013
Heavy bins but I like the quality of these - nice aluminium body and great quality lenses. I was going to buy a pair with a plastic polycarb body but I'm glad now I paid that bit extra for quality.
on 7 April 2013
Very pleased with the quality and construction of these bins. Excellent clarity,once you've got used to the focussing. Very good service from German distributor - Foto -Koester
on 25 April 2013
I bought these mainly to enhance my watching of county cricket matches. They more than fulfilled my hopes bringing the players into close view
on 11 March 2014
Needed a cheaper alternative to the Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, makes of bird watching binoculars. I can't justify the cost. Travelling to South Africa then California to visit different locations, so needed a reliable decent pair of binoculars that would be robust and practical yet if I should see an animal, insect or bird then they would fulfil the criteria of clarity, field of view, close range abilities and ease of use. Since receiving from Amazon and used on local walks I can say that for the coming trips they will be perfect. Cheap and cheerful yet very useable.
on 13 January 2015
Husband was ecstatic, he said they on par with a £1800 pair of binos!!!
on 16 February 2015