5.0 out of 5 stars At last it's here
I first heard this album back in the 70s when my uncle played it. I loved it straight away and couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy. I have long waited for this album to come out on cd and I have to say I was not disappointed. Every track is a hit and NOT re-recorded. The two brothers have made one hell of an album. After this album, Ansell later became a regular...
Published on 30 Jun 2010 by Reggae Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Double Barrel.
Reggae at its best of the early 70's. Glad to own the album on its own and not on a compilation. Not having Dave And Ansel Collins on a Reggae Complication, I only have their number one Double Barrel on a Super Summer 70's Album with various artists.
Published 9 months ago by David

4.0 out of 5 stars Double barrel Music download, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Double Barrel (MP3 Download)
This downloaded easily to my computer. The music is as I recall it from many years ago. Worth listening to if you are interested in Reggae

5.0 out of 5 stars double barrel, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
What can I say about this cd . absolutely fantastic , would be a start . Didn't buy the original album ,but bought the singles , Double Barrel and Monkey Spanner . To think I could have be listening to this all these years !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Double Barrel... a classic!, 19 Nov 2011
Der Spiess (Loverly London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
It two words.... buy it. So why well it's a gem from the Trojan vaults. Trojan have been a bit cheeky really by re-releasing the album in it's original form, 12-13 tracks, means they get the money without re editing it by adding more tracks but that said for what I paid it's a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remembered it from all those years ago ..., 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
Just as I remembered it from all those years ago. I lost my vinyl copy of this many years ago in a house move.
I think Monkey Spanner was used for a Spangles advert.
If only they had been given more or even some air play they would have been bigger than Bob Marley.

1.0 out of 5 stars it has yet to arrive, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
this is a good album as i know cos i already have a copy , i ordered this to replace my worn out one , but i am afraid to say that it has yet to arrive .

5.0 out of 5 stars UNADULTERED DANCE STIMULOUS, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
Decades ago I travelled from Brighton to a wonderful East End dancing venue which specialised in what was then called "Reggae". (Does it still exist?) It took several visits to get the hang of the surprisingly complicated rythems. For example track 9:
4 RAPID BEATs - PAUSE- 8 RAPID BEATS - PAUSE - ETC
Forty years on I'm desperately trying to get my now-more-reluctant body to recapture this dance sequence. Those into more-flowing present-day body-popping dancing should have a go at this more forceful aggressive style.
Altogether this disc is a wonderful way of experiencing Dance HEAVEN! Please, BBC can you organise a Strictly Come Reggae competition using this disc for the music?

5.0 out of 5 stars the first single i ever bought., 14 Sep 2014
a really classic album,

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Double Barrel (Audio CD)
firstly the item diid not arrive on time it was 2 days late, secondly the item was not the original album i required but a re work and redone album of one or more of the oriqinal artists, thirdly it was late because the royal mayil was used to deliver it
shall not be going back to this company.

Double Barrel
Double Barrel by Dave And Ansel Collins (Audio CD - 2010)