4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil Inside
I think that Joe Hill has managed to tap into a genuine primal fear with this novel. What if you could read their minds with a single touch? Now part of you might be thinking, `this would be great'. But I'm going to have to disagree. Could there be anything worse than knowing exactly what the people around you think of you? I am sure the reality would be a lot like the...
Published on 15 Jun. 2011 by Pablo Cheesecake (The Eloquent...

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, but still enjoyable
Ignatious Perrish (Ig) is the prime suspect in the rape and murder of his girlfriend, Merrin, who died a year ago. No charges have ever been brought, but everyone, including his own family, believes him to be guilty. On the anniversary of Merrin's death, Ig goes out on the mother of all benders, urinates on the Virgin Mary, and wakes up the next morning with horns. He...
Published 23 months ago by bonbonvie

‹ Previous | 110 11 1222 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Do recommend!, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Horns (Paperback)
This book was one I really enjoyed. I sped through it in less than 12 hours - the plot was so gripping. For someone who thinks a cocktail of a fantasy, crime novel and theological reflection would be intriguing, a definite recommendation!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overlong if engaging tale., 4 Oct. 2014
woolrich01 (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horns (Paperback)
Overlong if engaging tale that could have done with some serious editing to tighten it up. Hill's prose stye is readable and the characterisations are good, and had it been shorter I would have enjoyed it more and awarded it another star.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 9 Sept. 2012
N. rees (merthyr tydfil, m glam Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Although this did not live up to the first few chapters this book kept me gripped until the end.I still don't totally understand why he had horns or the theology but found i didn't really need to, to enjoy the book.Recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Horns, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Read Nos4r2 could not put it down, however horns was a bit of a struggle in places. Saying that, I persevered as I had t know what would happen to It. Glad I did, as the ending was quirky, very unusual, but very satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Joe, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Horns (Hardcover)
Ah, Joe Hill. What's not to like? A good story by a good storyteller that's not trying too hard to be something he's not. Simple, in a very good way. Clean. Nice. A fine read. I'm looking forward to reading more from Joe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure love, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
I recommend this beautiful book to everyone. People in love, people who are sad. Just everyone on this planet. I have never fallen in love so hard and fast as I have with horns. Thank you and much love Mr.Joe hill xx

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy murder mystery, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Horns (Hardcover)
A really good read. I never give any book 5 starts as Im not sure there will ever be a perfect book btu this is an excellent erad. A murder mystery. Strong dialogue and now I want to see the film to compare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Joe hill novels are new to me, I found his novels on the ferry to holland ANC now I am working my way through them all.
Horns is great, allows a dark side to seem plausible, addictive reading

2.0 out of 5 stars Why did he have the flipping horns?, 24 Sept. 2013
Ms. K. Thomson "adiorable88" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Not impressed.
I continued through just to find out why the hell he had the flamin' horns, but no, no explanation...or at least not one that I could fathom.
After reading some great reviews I had really high hopes. I gave up on heart shaped box a few years ago and was hoping this would be more my cup of tea, sadly I was wrong.
There were a few points in the book which upped my interest and kept me reading but sadly they were few and far between.
I shan't be reading any more books by Mr Hill, they really aren't my thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved how the book started, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Loved how the book started, both the idea and how it was written was brilliant, but then the finish didn't live up to the first chapter's expectations. Would recommend on reading it once though.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1222 | Next ›