5.0 out of 5 stars Works a charm
As long as you move the owl around your garden, it works great. Don't let pests get used to it by keeping it in one place. Since we've had it, no more pigeons and crows in garden!
Published on 6 Jun. 2013 by JD

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea.......
Published on 23 April 2012 by S. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea......., 23 April 2012
S. Taylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought Whootie (that's right) as I've had a problem with pigeons nesting on my small London balcony. Having used strategically placed chicken wire to stop them nesting, they have since resorted to using my balcony as their dancefloor for pulling purposes. As soon as the sun comes up it's like a Friday night in Swansea town centre out there. I was hoping the owl would put a stop to their antics, but unfortunately the jury is out on this one. It does appear to have reduced the overall numbers, but they still keep coming. The other day I even witnessed one land on the railing next it, eye it up, then proceed to perform a little mating dance to it. How dare you woo my whootie, I bet he won't even call in the morning! The suggestion remains that the ones that keep coming back may actually have been pigeons that fledged on my balcony, but strangely I have also had visiting magpies and blackbirds that never came before the arrival of whootie!

The owl itself is well made, and is a nice enough ornament. It's probably caused more than a few second takes from pedestrians down below. It would, perhaps, be more effective at combating smaller bird species in a rural environment, but I'm afraid that urban pigeons simply seem afraid of very little. To be fair to the owl, they often even ignore me banging on the balcony window. It's back to the drawing board on this one for now I'm afraid.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a charm, 6 Jun. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this, 20 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
I have up to 20 pigeons on the roof at any one time , they are nesting in a narrow void in between my house and next door. This owl has made no difference what so ever to their habits and we are still plagued with them. It was placed on top of a wall near to where they roost, even the moving head has no affect . Fine as an ornament if you like owls but as a deterrent useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gimmick....., 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
Absolute rubbish... well made but no effect on scaring the birds (nesting starling issue). All birds still entering garden despite regularly moving the owl around. Head does not move that much either.......Birds and pigeons actually perching alonside it..........

1.0 out of 5 stars Owl, 6 Sept. 2014
M. Stanley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
Not that good really - it's got a counter balance on the back of its head that allows it to freely spin round - only trouble is counter balance wasn't in the right place so head didnt spin freely. Also noticed a pigeon sitting next to it the other day !

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, i should have listened, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
do not waste your money on this piece of plastic rubbish. i did not take the poor reviews seriously and took a chance and wasted £19.99. the only thing it scares is my daughter.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 April 2012
E. Lawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a terrific bird scarer. I had already purchased one and was so pleased with it I purchased another for further down my garden.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have never written a review before but have been ..., 28 April 2015
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
I have never written a review before but have been guided by reviews left on amazon.
In this case I thought it would help potential buyers about my experience.
The Owl arrived safely and very quickly. Having tested the Owl now for some 2 weeks, I can only say this device is a complete success!!
It looks quite charming on the balcony, and the pigeons have not returned since I installed the owl on the balcony. The pigeons dared to come closer after about a week but if you move the owl around, it definitely scares the pigeons - at least enough to not return and use my balcony!
I read other reviews but think if you are dealing with a small number of birds (in my case two pigeons), if your space is small enough and if you move the owl around at least once a day, then this device works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marine Whootie., 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
I read Mr Taylors' review of 'Whootie' with interest but still bought one as a last resort to keep cormorants and gulls off my boat. I have tried flying streamers fixed on bungie but if there is no wind, the birds actually like to use the ends which then trail on my canopy to nestle into and they don't move when nature calls. A very messy business indeed especially with cormorants. Since placing 'Whootie Too' about a foot or two above the canopy on a small mast about 2 weeks ago, the boat has remained completely clean and my confidence that the problem is solved is growing. Perhaps, Mr Taylor, town birds s..g anything on claws and sea birds are more particular or just scare more easily. Good product. Glad I bought one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost too effective, 26 Jun. 2015
A. Rushton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defenders Wind-Action Owl (Garden & Outdoors)
Perhaps we have particularly bird-brained birds round here, but they seem to have fallen for our fake owl hook sinker and line. I wanted to reduce the amount of bird droppings on a particular area of patio, so placed Simon C'Owl on guard duty yesterday. This morning there was no dawn chorus, no cooing no chirruping, no nothing. Looking out of the window, I did see a few birds whispering to each other, but all the joy was gone from the garden. Is there a decoy bird that will scare other birds enough to stop them pooing but won't silence them completely? Presumably they'll get used to Simon and possibly even befriend him, but for now he's working better than I could ever have imagined.

Defenders Wind-Action Owl