5.0 out of 5 stars good food
this is a great food, ingredients are as good as food costing 45 pounds plus yet costs half the price, all my dogs love it and look well on it ( been feeding it for 6 months now)
Published on 17 April 2012 by coops

3.0 out of 5 stars DOG FOOD
I BOUGHT THIS FOR OUR DOGS .
BUT OUR DOGS ARE VERY FUSSY AND WE FOUND IT HARD FOR THEM TO EAT SO WE WILL NOT BUY IT ANY MORE
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars good food, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Skinners Field and Trial Duck and Rice Dry Mix 15 kg (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Skinners Field/Trial Duck & Rice - good value, good food, 30 July 2012
I've been using this product for 10 months now and very pleased with it. As dog numbers have risen, price spent on dog food has had to lower. So with 6 collies I've gone from Burns, to Arden Grange and now to Skinners. I have to say that I have found absolutely no difference in condition between each product. This hasn't just been a fanciful change here and there, the older dogs have been on the initial feeds a good couple of years before having to 'down grade' but in price only.

Ignore the review that say tummy problems given. You CANNOT expect one food to suit every dog. They are all individuals as are humans. If you are feeding another type of food you must phase in gradually, that's not particular to this food, that's what you should do with any food changes in, so the dog's stomach copes with the change.

What I like about the product is it's wheat/gluten free, free from artificial colours/preservatives and free from BHA/BHTs. My oldest dog is only 7, my youngest 14 months, she's been on this since moving to an adult food at 9 months of age. All dogs are fit and healthy, all of them 'work', all have lovely glossy coats and very importantly all have nice, firm (kickable) stools - you can tell a lot about a dog by the stools that are produced!!

I would recommend this food, especially if like me you have to cut down on cost without wanting to cut down on quality. I know a few people who have changed to this as their dogs have a very sensitive tum, and they seem to do very nicely on it.

Worth giving it a go, but DO bear in mind, to give it a fair chance you do need to phase it in as you phase your usual food out, preferrably over a 2 weeks period. Give it a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food, Dogs love it and their coats are once again shinning!!, 5 Nov. 2014
I spent months looking for an alternative food to Royal Canin Labrador, Tried Dr Jaynes, Wainwrights and other Brands. My dogs started Itching, casting their coats and begged all the time to the point were I got annoyed and put them outside at dinner time etc. I found Wainwright to be an excellent food but the price was an issue as I now have two dogs and feeding them is becoming as expensive as the household monthly food shop. I searched and read reviews about different brands before coming across recommendations for Skinners on Sundog forums and chat boards. I decided I would give it a chance and if it failed I was resigned to buying the Wainwright at almost double the price.

Bought the food at our local pet shop (skinners website has a postcode search) cost £25 for a 15kg bag £1 more than Amazon. Within two weeks our labradors coats were shinning and their temperament had changed. Begged less and were better rested. The stools were solid and their daily patterns matched that of before. The food is extremely dry and I mix it with cold water to remove the dryness. Dog love it and get excited when they see me putting the food in their dishes.

Overall its been a month. Am getting double the food for the same money as I was paying for Royal Canin, The dogs are healthy, the food is good and I would recommend this for anyone, who like me is extremely fussy about what they fed their dogs!

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality food, 12 Mar. 2013
We have two gds and they eat a lot!!! We used to feed arden grange which we were very pleased with but it only lasted 12 days and at £35 per bag was too expensive. After researching every dog food on the market we chose Skinners. They are now on to their 2nd bag. They eat it fine, their coats are glossy and what comes out the other end is firm. I think we do the best we can for our dogs we have tried other makes of food, some expesive and we have not had better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypo allergenic dog food, 30 Mar. 2013
M. W. Enright "una e" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
since using this product my dogs coat has become shiny and he has stopped his incessant scratching. It took a few days for him to adjust to the new food but he now seems to like it. I am going to stick with it. Compared to his previous food it is cheaper but as it is hypo allergenic it seems to suit him better. I will be ordering it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Oct. 2012
I purchased this food for 2 of my dogs, as their digestive systems are on the delicate side.
Yet all the dogs love it, hench they all eat it with result of nice firm stools & good coats.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dogs love it, 26 Mar. 2013
They may not be working dogs, they wave me of each day for the 9-5, but my retrievers love skinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh breath food, 7 Sept. 2014
My border collie used to have the grossest, stinkiest mouldy-fish breath. Seriously it stank out the whole house. But since I started feeding her this, her breath has smelled absolutely fine (even relatively pleasant!). So five stars from me. She can be a picky eater but she seems to really enjoy eating the duck and rice flavour and she also likes the chicken and rice version. Also she's healthy and energetic and has a glossy coat etc etc. Never thought I would be reviewing dog food online - but here we are. It's really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves this, 30 Aug. 2012
Kadorman (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
My old staffie cross has found a complete food she loves, Before this I had tried many brands from high to low end and I was recommended this food by a friend of a friend and have not looked back since. the price cannot be beaten even by the manufacturer and the added bonus of free regular delivery is great because this is not really a food you can buy on the high street

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff - and good value., 18 July 2013
K. Young (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The Field and Trial food from Skinners is cheaper than many other complete dog foods because it is VAT free, as it's intended for working dogs. However, as long as you have a fairly active mutt, it's also an excellent food for our pets! My own three-year old female bearded collie cross has a dodgy tummy - if I give her another dog food she will more often than not get the runs. (Although apparently she's fine with half a pound of butter and Baileys - things she managed to get to on a couple of occasions.) This food has never given her a problem, and I would highly recommend it.