5.0 out of 5 stars good food
this is a great food, ingredients are as good as food costing 45 pounds plus yet costs half the price, all my dogs love it and look well on it ( been feeding it for 6 months now)
Published on 17 April 2012 by coops

3.0 out of 5 stars DOG FOOD
I BOUGHT THIS FOR OUR DOGS .
BUT OUR DOGS ARE VERY FUSSY AND WE FOUND IT HARD FOR THEM TO EAT SO WE WILL NOT BUY IT ANY MORE
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars good food, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Skinners Field and Trial Duck and Rice Dry Mix 15 kg (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Skinners Field/Trial Duck & Rice - good value, good food, 30 July 2012
I've been using this product for 10 months now and very pleased with it. As dog numbers have risen, price spent on dog food has had to lower. So with 6 collies I've gone from Burns, to Arden Grange and now to Skinners. I have to say that I have found absolutely no difference in condition between each product. This hasn't just been a fanciful change here and there, the older dogs have been on the initial feeds a good couple of years before having to 'down grade' but in price only.

Ignore the review that say tummy problems given. You CANNOT expect one food to suit every dog. They are all individuals as are humans. If you are feeding another type of food you must phase in gradually, that's not particular to this food, that's what you should do with any food changes in, so the dog's stomach copes with the change.

What I like about the product is it's wheat/gluten free, free from artificial colours/preservatives and free from BHA/BHTs. My oldest dog is only 7, my youngest 14 months, she's been on this since moving to an adult food at 9 months of age. All dogs are fit and healthy, all of them 'work', all have lovely glossy coats and very importantly all have nice, firm (kickable) stools - you can tell a lot about a dog by the stools that are produced!!

I would recommend this food, especially if like me you have to cut down on cost without wanting to cut down on quality. I know a few people who have changed to this as their dogs have a very sensitive tum, and they seem to do very nicely on it.

Worth giving it a go, but DO bear in mind, to give it a fair chance you do need to phase it in as you phase your usual food out, preferrably over a 2 weeks period. Give it a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality food, 12 Mar 2013
We have two gds and they eat a lot!!! We used to feed arden grange which we were very pleased with but it only lasted 12 days and at £35 per bag was too expensive. After researching every dog food on the market we chose Skinners. They are now on to their 2nd bag. They eat it fine, their coats are glossy and what comes out the other end is firm. I think we do the best we can for our dogs we have tried other makes of food, some expesive and we have not had better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The dogs love it, 26 Mar 2013
They may not be working dogs, they wave me of each day for the 9-5, but my retrievers love skinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypo allergenic dog food, 30 Mar 2013
M. W. Enright "una e" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
since using this product my dogs coat has become shiny and he has stopped his incessant scratching. It took a few days for him to adjust to the new food but he now seems to like it. I am going to stick with it. Compared to his previous food it is cheaper but as it is hypo allergenic it seems to suit him better. I will be ordering it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food, Dogs love it and their coats are once again shinning!!, 5 Nov 2014
I spent months looking for an alternative food to Royal Canin Labrador, Tried Dr Jaynes, Wainwrights and other Brands. My dogs started Itching, casting their coats and begged all the time to the point were I got annoyed and put them outside at dinner time etc. I found Wainwright to be an excellent food but the price was an issue as I now have two dogs and feeding them is becoming as expensive as the household monthly food shop. I searched and read reviews about different brands before coming across recommendations for Skinners on Sundog forums and chat boards. I decided I would give it a chance and if it failed I was resigned to buying the Wainwright at almost double the price.

Bought the food at our local pet shop (skinners website has a postcode search) cost £25 for a 15kg bag £1 more than Amazon. Within two weeks our labradors coats were shinning and their temperament had changed. Begged less and were better rested. The stools were solid and their daily patterns matched that of before. The food is extremely dry and I mix it with cold water to remove the dryness. Dog love it and get excited when they see me putting the food in their dishes.

Overall its been a month. Am getting double the food for the same money as I was paying for Royal Canin, The dogs are healthy, the food is good and I would recommend this for anyone, who like me is extremely fussy about what they fed their dogs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Oct 2012
I purchased this food for 2 of my dogs, as their digestive systems are on the delicate side.
Yet all the dogs love it, hench they all eat it with result of nice firm stools & good coats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good food and good price, 19 Sep 2013
Dogs look well on it, good quality ingrediants in food, good protein levels for light to medium working dogs, good size pieces for small to large breeds, not 5 star as nearing bottom of bag food is bitty - crushed pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves this, 30 Aug 2012
Kadorman (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
My old staffie cross has found a complete food she loves, Before this I had tried many brands from high to low end and I was recommended this food by a friend of a friend and have not looked back since. the price cannot be beaten even by the manufacturer and the added bonus of free regular delivery is great because this is not really a food you can buy on the high street

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended my dog loves it.., 3 Mar 2013
Very good value for money, speedy delivery, I got this product as my dog suffers with her skin and ive tried various food which upset her stomach and hasn't improved to itchy skin.. So far skinners hasn't affected her stomach in any way and her skin isn't irritating her as much. so i would recommend skinners to anyone.