4.0 out of 5 stars Great training aid
The Garmin Forerunner 110 is a great training aid for your outdoor runs. It doesn't have custom screens so you can just see distance, time and average pace and you can scroll through to see heart rate as well. It doesn't have the feature to set interval targets or heart rate zones, or pace alarms, but let's be honest - unless you are training for the next olympics, do...
Published on 16 May 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product - terrible customer service
<<< I've edited my previous positive review here to reflect the terrible service I've received from Garmin, following persistent satellite link issues with my Forerunner 110 >>>

After about 18 months of occasional use, my Forerunner 110 intermittently became unable to find satellites. The problem got worse and worse, and, after getting bored of...
Published on 18 Jun 2010 by R. B. OMalley

‹ Previous | 111 12 1360 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars forerunner 110, 6 Oct 2010
I've just been for my first run with my new forerunner 110, and must say I'm tickled pink with it. Far less bulky than the forerunner 101 I've been using for the last 3 years, but with added heart rate monitor which proved true to all the gradients on a hilly run.
The connection to my computer was relatively simple and gave an impressive amount of feedback. The watch can be charged by usb or mains, handy for travelling. Money well spent!
18 month update: The watch is still working well, have experienced some minor frustrations with upgrades and Garmin connect not always being available, but in 208 runs in this period it's only failed to record 2,both my fault for not emptying the memory.As it's still going strong that's well under a pound a run, hope it carries on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 110, 26 Sep 2010
This is absolutely perfect, exactly what I was looking for in a watch. Slightly larger than the usual sports watch but then thats to be expected as it does more than a basic watch. Logs distance, pace and your heart rate without looking like you are carrying a mini computer on your arm.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay..., 29 Mar 2014
It's a great concept and works really well, especially with medium distance runs. The battery life is a little temperamental so I wouldn't recommend the longer distance unless it is FULLY charged. The heart rate monitor is comfortable but can sometimes un clip itself, but this has only happened once to me in 40+ uses.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great product., 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Enabled Unisex Sports Watch (Sports)
Really pleased with this new gadget - easy to set up, easy to use and easy to read. I've used it on 3 runs in the week since it arrived and it has proven to be a great training aid showing split times per mile as well as total and average pace. First time user of a gps watch but can't imagine needing anything more than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, 21 Mar 2014
This watch has tolerated a lot of hard work, training for several marathons and lots of weekend adventures.
AC charged battery lasts for ages. Screen easy to read and features easy to navigate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping me cope with illness, 6 Mar 2014
I have COPD and the Forerunner is helping me develop a walking program to improve the performance of my lungs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Easy, 6 Mar 2014
This is my foray into the world of GPS watches so I wanted something simpe and easy. This watch provides that. Yes it may not have all the bells and whistles that many of the other watches have, but for me it does exactly what I want it to do. The connection to the web site is simple and easy to use and has additional information that I may want. Satellite pick up times vary, but people have told me that this is normal. Overall I would definately recommend this watch to a beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars great and simple to use, 24 Feb 2014
I enjoy using the Forerunner 110. Batter life is great and the watch is super simple to use. GPS signal works really well, regardles of if I am running in the deep forest or not.

The only drawback is the charger, which occasionally taken half a dozen attempts to connect correctly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 2 years and has completely died., 23 Feb 2014
M. Price - See all my reviews
I returned the first of these after using it just 3 times as it kept steaming up on the underside of the face. The replacement was no better and also steamed up periodically (probably 1 in 5 runs). I used this for running for about 23 months and although the functionality was really very good indeed (4 stars?) as was the associated online Garmin connect service, I would have expected it to last longer than 23 months (average use of twice a week over that period). The GPS was rock solid and I never had any connection issues. The chest strap was reasonable although one of the lugs snapped off the elastic and I had to tie the elastic onto the strap.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!!!, 21 Feb 2014
Had mine for two months. Worked fine. Has now stopped working completely. Very much in line with the other reviews on here - condensation under the display has shorted the electronics.

Apparently Garmin recognise this fault, so why sell it? That's 100 completely down the drain. You'd think that given the conditions that you train in, it would be able to withstand some condensation? Shoddily built. Utter waste of money.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!