Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2009
I enjoyed this album greatly and it was a different type of album with modern songs given the Rockabilly treatment, but done very well and had I not known the originals i would never have guessed, some songs did work better then others, but I am looking forward to the next album and hopefully a few more original tracks, but this album is very catchy and fun which is what the band seem to be having.
on 25 May 2010
Ever since Scott Mills on Radio 1 had The Baseballs on his show I've been patiently waiting for their album to be realesed.

And now I've got it, I think I'm now officially hooked on The Baseballs!

This album is so fresh and different. I love it when artists come along and re-work chart songs in to different genres. Usually it's dj's re-working modern songs into dance songs, or solo artists slowing songs down (or it's the glee cast ruining them!), but The Baseballs are completely different to all them and almost do the opposite of that.

They get top chart songs and re-work them into 50's American 'Elvis style' songs. And you wouldn't have thought it would work, but trust me, it really really does!

I played this on the drive home from the shops yesterday with the sun gleaming down and the windows down, and I know already that this album is going to be a perfect feel good cd for the summer. I had a smile on my face all the way home :-) (which is hard to get from me while driving as usually I'm quite an angry impatient driver too!)

Anyway, if you're thinking of buying this album but are sceptical to whether their style actual works and is any good, well trust me on this one, it does!!! Just buy it! You wont regret it and I guarantee you'll be playing the album all summer long like I will be.
on 9 April 2010
The concept of this album is simple; covers of songs with a Rockabilly, Elvis-esque twist. There's no way that this should work as well as it does, and the reulting album is surprisingly fantastic!

The opening track, Rihanna's 'Umbrella', is so instantly recognisable I jumped out of my chair when I first heard it on the radio. Its a very good version of the song, and so infectious you just can't help singing along! This is definitely a stand out track, as are 'Hey There Delilah', 'Hot 'n' Cold' and 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing'. Some of the tracks don't work as well as others, perhaps because they aren't as well known / as recent as others, but the excellent ones more than make up for it.

This CD is great fun and feels like a warm summers day. Highly recommended!!
on 25 May 2010

And now I've got it, I think I'm now officially hooked on The Baseballs!

on 14 February 2010
I bought this cd for the Umbrella number. In fact, the rest of the album is ok, but Umbrella is by far the best track.
on 29 April 2010
We had already heard snippets of the music via the Baseballs website and the full version lived up to expectations. It sounds a bit like Elvis adapting familiar current hits but these versions are exciting and fun to listen to. We all wanted to just get up and dance around the kitchen which is what we did when we first heard it on the radio.
on 19 May 2010
I heard the band being interviewed on the radio. They said that they want there music to get everybody moving - thats just what this album does. I challenge anybody to not foot tap along or sing along to this album.

It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 25 April 2010
Heard one song on radio2 and ordered cd on the strength of it.It was not available in Uk so got it from Norway where the band are well known.Fantastic new music arrangements of well known pop songs done it a completely different style similar to the music of the 60's.The band is made up of three great male singers who have a kind of Elvis quality.Superb backing and vocals.Cant get enough of them.Please tour England.
on 14 May 2010
I have played The Baseball's version of Umbrella to all my friends and family recently and without fail every one of them have loved it... if it does not make you want to dance, sing or at least tap along then there must be something wrong! Seriously, whatever music you normally listen to i challenge you to not enjoy this album! It is hard to explain why it works so well but i guess it is something to do with the combination of great songs, fantastic voices, a really authentic '50s sounding', extremely talented backing band and some fantastic arrangements (done by the band themselves i think?). And it really does not matter whether you like the original versions of these songs or not - in some ways the fact that they are modern pop hits is irrelevant as they could just as well be covering Motown or country covers and i'm sure they would still sound as great.

I heard them being interviewed by Scott Mills on Radio 1 recently and it only made me love them even more. They did not take themselves too seriously at all and had absolutely no pretense of being anything other than a fun 'pop' band with a bit of a difference. That said, they are clearly passionate about the music they play and have studied their inspirations (Elvis and other 50s bands) to great detail in order to be able to do the style (and hair/fashion!) full justice. Not that it would have made any difference to the enjoyment of the music, but it was good to hear that they are not a 'manufactured band' and actually formed the group themselves after meeting at rehearsal studios whilst with other bands and realising they all shared a love of the same types of music.

I'm sure there will be the usual haters reviewing this once they become more well known but i urge you to let the music be what this is about and not whether they are 'cool' or 'tacky' or whatever else people will claim they are. This is without doubt a thoroughly entertaining album that you will continue to enjoy well past the point that the novelty of the concept has worn off.

And what other album could be enjoyed by kids, who know the original versions of the songs, their parents and even their grandparents, original fans of the genre?!
This will be rightfully the album of the summer for 2010, i have absolutely no doubt about it.
on 27 May 2010
First heard Baseballs on the radio, doing Leona Lewis and loved the sound. Also was irritated trying to work out why I knew the song! Highly recommend the album, full of great tracks that can't fail to make you smile.