991 of 1,012 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, poor computer software, very poor customer service
After looking at a few comments on this product I find myself in agreement with many of the positive and even some of the negative.

To expound on this, I purchased the XL IQ routes ed (Europe)last Saturday for a trip around Spain next month, with the thought that I'd best get hold of one early enough to get used to the device as a) I had never owned a sat nav...
Published on 18 July 2009 by Mr. Stephen A. Ransome

1,127 of 1,147 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Lost the UK Map during update
I purchased a new XL IQ Routes 2 (UK ROI & Europe) and it arrived at mid afternoon. I checked it on a short run in my car, then hooked it up to my laptop to downloaded updated maps. An hour later after updating my map I found that the update procedure (which is totally controlled by the Tom Tom software) had completely erased my UK map.

After emailing TomTom...
Published on 6 Oct 2010 by C. C. Weaver

‹ Previous | 151 52 53 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
This review is from: TomTom XL 2 IQ 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps (Electronics)
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom XL, 2 Dec 2010
I purchased this item with a view to getting it VAT free. This did not happen and I was disappointed. The item itself was supplied with no English user manual but functions well and as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom XL 2 IQ Sat Nav, 30 May 2013
I only received the Tome Tom XL 2 IQ today and barely had time to study it. The screen is bigger than my last Tom Tom Start which I was happy with too. Unfortunately the screen froze on my last model which guided me many destinations better than a map. Hopefully, the new model will be just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars tom tom for idiots, 16 Nov 2010
Hey if i can use it anyone can. Was a bit disappointed as i thought i was getting a free hard case with it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 3 Sep 2010
Great product, very easy to use with all the menus set out with ease of use in the car in mind. The widescreen is brilliant as have used smaller tom tom's before an can be hard to read when you are driving as well. The quality of the screen is superb as well.
The stand is a great design. Just clicks on and off very and is a lot smaller so its easier to store away.

All in all a great product and when I am lost in Spain I will be able to find my way :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars ACORN, 10 Jan 2011
THE ITEM ARRIVED UNDONE I SENT 3 EMAILS EXPRESSING THAT I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A FREE CASE WITH THIS ITEM,THERE RESPONSE WAS TO OFFER SOME DISCOUNT, BUT I FELT THAT THIS WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS THIS WAS A PRESENT FOR MY NICE. SHE INFORM'S ME THAT THE STAT NAV IS VERY GOOD, SO I SUPPOSE I HAVE TO BE GREATFUL, BUT DISAPPOINTED WITH THERE RESPONSE.

1.0 out of 5 stars tom tom more tom cobly, 18 Dec 2011
Just returned from my christams booze cruise to france, where, whilst in the warehouse i stumbled across this tom tom for sale at what i believed to be a very reasonable pirce. Out went the map book, in with the technology, id been putting one of these off for years. The problem began when i returned to england and thought id give it a bash home from Dover. All the way home i had a female voice in foregin language, i have come to the conclusion that since i bought this in france, this female voice is french. Buyers beware of your place of purchase, this may cause you problems. I have now enrolled onto a rossetta stone, learn french course to get my full moneys worth out of this product as i am not returning to france for some time so cannot get a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it will do, 20 Aug 2013
I'm very happy to rate products that I have purchased through Amazon. I will rate as agreed via the star rating and will rate according to the cost, the availability, the value for money and the overall value of the product. I will not however write a review, the star rating is I feel perfectly adequate for the purpose of identifying value for money and good companies to deal with through Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maps not preloaded, 3 Nov 2011
Swetha M. Lnu - See all my reviews
TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition 2 EU Satellite Navigation System

I am disappointed with the service, before purchasing I made sure that the product description has "maps (as mentioned) loaded in the GPS". However, when the product was received, it did not have any maps loaded in it. This product being a gift to my sis, she had to go through the whole procedure of contacting the customer service and finally putting all the effort to upload the maps herself. This is not a very good experience, specially when this product was bought as a gift for someone. This is a mere technical carelessness by Amazon. I wonder what their quality control division is doing. I will think twice before I buy something on Amazon again.

Swetha.

1.0 out of 5 stars sat nav, 15 Aug 2010
I would love to comment on this product but unfortunately i didn't receive it. I ordered it and waited for over a month and still nothing then to cap it all I received a bill for something i hadn't even received yet. so then you can have a comment, rubbish, absolute rubbish service and I will think twice before deciding to purchase anything from Amazon again.

‹ Previous | 151 52 53 | Next ›