5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Wonderful series. Not very much happens but thats exactly the point, and it's a testimony to the quality of the acting that makes almost nothing happening compulsive viewing. The expressions on the faces of the three main actors says a thousand words about life in this ward and the day to day drudge of what goes on. Please lets have some more episodes
Published on 28 May 2011 by G. Dykes

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
I only bought this because I got it very cheaply and based on mostly positive reviews. But my partner and I didn't even finish the first episode (we made it through about 20 minutes). For me the worst thing was the camera work - shaky, zooming in and out too quickly, sometimes blurry and not focused on anything interesting. It also wasn't very funny at all.
Published 5 months ago by Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 28 May 2011
G. Dykes "Graham" (Southampton) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comedy series on the BBC, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Beautiful observed NHS based dark comedy. All the characters are fantastic, particularly the consultant Dr Moore who gets it spot on. Very witty script. Me and my wife have been riveted to this full length series, even watched some twice. Hope there will be a third at some point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 8 May 2011
JaFo (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I found Getting On on the iPlayer and was hooked from the first episode.
The first time I watched it I was in stitches (sorry, no pun intended) and the second series was maybe even funnier than the first.
The characters and their interactions with one another are what make it so funny, more so than any satirical medical references.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic full series, 7 Jan 2011
A. Pozsgai (Berlin, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this show so much that it's hard to say in words! This is way above just comedy in my opinion.
I loved the first mini series a lot and this new full series is absolutely on the same high level (if not even slightly better). The characters are strong, well written and brilliantly acted.
I hope the next series will come out soon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best things I've seen for ages, dark, humorous, touching, sad, brilliantly observed characters - a must see!

5.0 out of 5 stars another hilarious series., 8 April 2011
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
After having enjoyed series one so much, series two didn't disappoint in any way.It was just as funny, we couldn't wait to watch the next episode.All the characters are brilliant and it is extremely well written, just hilarious.Please buy this dvd its wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny - laughed out loud!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm going to buy the next series too. Excruciatingly funny - real life sadness with black humour interwoven.
Brilliantly well acted. Cast all deserved Oscars.

4.0 out of 5 stars funny but sometimes close to the bone, 17 Mar 2011
Debra Hamill (Melbourne, Victoria, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Series 1 was good but series 2 is better. As a nurse myself I first watched this series on UKTV & was both irritated at first by the portayal of nurses (even though sometimes it was a bit too accurate of some) but amazed at how spot on the charecters are. I have worked with every one of those charecters at some point & laughed at the absurbity of it all. I am Australian but the show translates well to the Aussie health system especially the HR dept. Had to buy both series, Well worth a look!.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this, Jo Brand is a great comedian and ..., 12 Aug 2014
Mrs. Enid L. Breese "Lynne B" (Melbourne Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a nurse , working in aged care for the last 25 years. Sorry guys, if you think this is over the top , out of proportion, be afraid, be very afraid. I sincerely hope that in my dotage, I will have a nurse as warm, real and caring as Jo Brand . God help us if or Geriatrician is Pippa. I loved this , Jo Brand is a great comedian and it would not surprise me, if somewhere in her distant past she worked in a hospital.
Beautiful scripts, gorgeous , if sometimes confronting , plots.

5.0 out of 5 stars series 2 continues the series & was delivered promptly, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Series 2 not so side-splittingly funny as series one, but I believe series 3 is the best of all so we're looking forward to seeing that sometime

Getting On - Series 2 [DVD]
Getting On - Series 2 [DVD] by Jo Brand (DVD - 2010)
8.95