4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good!
This is an intersesting book on herd mentality and how to influence people or sell them something or an idea. It wasn't quite as scientific as I was hoping- more a marketing/management slant due to the author- but there are some references in it so you can follow up the background stuff if you want. His writing style is a nice and easy to read and his humour is great; and...
Published on 18 Dec 2010 by jwinnar1

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to get to the end!
This is probably the first book I have read when I was glad to stop reading it. Let me clarify that:

I read books like this during my lunch at work, as it provides a welcome break from the office and a chance to muse over some psychology and philosophy points that I invariably don't live out in my life. To that end, I like a book which stimulates and challenges...
Published on 29 Mar 2012 by Pete

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Feed your head and provoke your thoughts, 26 Jan 2008
Merry Baskin (Cirencester UK) - See all my reviews
Loved it! I bought this book a while ago and hoped that somehow osmotically its contents would seep into my brain from the table beside my desk (along with a few others). I finally started dipping into it over the Christmas break and found it a compelling, chapter at a time, take a few notes here and there, read. It has given a good fillip to my new year client conversations, lots to chat with them in a constructive and challenging way about how people behave and how they respond to the communications we set before them. I shall be going back to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly boring, 1 Jan 2009
Natalie Kjaergaard (Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
I struggled to get through this book and for me it turned out to be totally useless, as I expected some kind of advise I could apply to my life, not just theoretical thinking. The book is probably good for some academical purposes, but not for the real life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›