5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, well made and excellent for the price.
Being a downhill mountain biker, I was looking for something I could use without having to stop riding just to change a track. But it also needed to be pretty tough and stay in place when thrashing over rocks and tree stumps.

Published on 10 Nov. 2009 by Jamie C

3.0 out of 5 stars it's good but it could be better
A month into using the product and over all I am fairly satisfied.
The arm band does what it says on the box. However there a few things I have realised about using arm bands when training:

Published on 31 Jan. 2010 by H. Outeiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, well made and excellent for the price., 10 Nov. 2009

This little fella fits the bill perfectly! It is quite widely adjustable (as for the guy who said it slid down his puny arms, they must be some TINY arms!) It goes from 8 inch circumference (smallest) to 14 inch circumference (largest) It's easy to fit, even with one hand, this is assuming you have at least some hand eye coordination and as the ipod slots into a velcro'd pouch at the back it is virtually impossible for the ipod to fall out, short of large explosion/animal attack! The screen is nice and clear allowing you to see what you're doing even at awkward angles.

The only feature that stop this from being perfect is that it isn't waterproof, which would be nice for the rainy days, but not essential i guess.

All in all, a great piece of kit especially at the price, bear in mind, you'd be looking at 20 pound and upwards if you bought an official apple cover.

If it can survive mountain biking, it can survive most things, GET ONE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 7 Mar. 2009
Mr. John Watt "Snappy" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent worksmanship, An easy velcro strap no awkward clips and straps. . At a very Low Price too! :)

If your looking for a strap for your Ipod then this is the real-deal reliable and strong ,

Only slight problem is; is that it may be slightly to small for my arms (however I do have quite big arms)

Still, excellent quality and excellent price!

3.0 out of 5 stars it's good but it could be better, 31 Jan. 2010
H. Outeiral (uk) - See all my reviews
A month into using the product and over all I am fairly satisfied.

1. For general cardio exercises ( your running, cycling, cross training...) the arm band is a treat but if you are more into your weight lifting, particularly arms and chest where your biceps have to flex, it feels restrictive. I am unaware if, physiologically, the compresion the arm band puts on the biceps is beneficial or detrimental but it does feel awkward. So much so that when I do resistance or weight lifting, the arm band goes to my pocket.

2. I am sure someone mentioned the length of the strap before. Do not get me wrong, I do not have massive arms nor am I looking to develop them but the arm band could do with a couple of centimetres more worth of strap and to increase the width of it as well.

3. I am yet to test this product on the rain but I feel iffy about the hole for the on/off button and the headphones one too.

Apart from the above, the stitching is good, the plastic cover in the front does well and the velcro is holding so far

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 16 Dec. 2009
The product was in excellent condition, i would recommend it to anyone, It comes in really handy whether its in the gym or running or on the go.

The delivery service was second to none, it was the fastest product i have received in over 2 years of online shopping.

Really good organisation here with 5 star products.

4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 3GS in iPod Touch Armband, 15 May 2010
Robert Colvin (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a review of the iPod Touch version of the armband, which I deliberately bought for an iPhone 3GS as I didn't want the earpiece cut-out in the front cover in the iPhone version of this armband, which I simply see as being another orifice for moisture and dirt to get into.

The iPhone fits very snugly into this armband. The only disappointment is that it's so snug that I need to remove the Switcheasy RebelSerpent case that normally protects my iPhone. Admittedly this is a fairly rugged case so it may be possible to slip an iPhone into the armband with one of the thinner cases/skins, but it would have to be VERY thin.

If you want to carry an iPhone you need to wear this armband 'upside down' so that the hole for the earphones aligns with the socket on the iPhone (assuming you wish your iPhone to be the right way around). This isn't a complaint; I'm just highlighting it for those who prefer to buy the iPod Touch version rather than the iPhone version. However, as I use the RunKeeper app there's something to be said for having your iPhone upside down as this orientation makes it easier to access the app during the workout. There is an orientation feature in the Runkeeper app, which means you can put it in landscape view, but in the current version (Pro 2.2.0.18) you lose the ability to pause or stop the app.

On the subject of the earphone hole I do have some concern over its durability as it's just a simple punch-out with no finish to the hole edge; only time will tell whether this leads to it fraying and ripping.

This isn't the most stylish armband around, although I can only compare it with the shiny marketing photos of the other brands, but it's comfortable and the quality of the stitching is generally good. My only gripe would be when you get to the plastic screen area as it seems slightly cheap and the finishing is not quite up to the standard of the rest of the product.

iPhone screen responds well under the armband's cover.

I like the idea of the elasticated cable tidy for the slack on your earphone wire, but it's actually quite fiddly to feed the wire in and get the length just right while wearing the armband. I'd suggest setting this up while not wearing the armband and make further adjustments when you put it on.

A common complaint, for all armbands it has to be said, is that the strap can be too short. Well I'm male, just under 6 feet tall, 13st 7lb and average build; this armband fits fine. I think you'd have to be fairly over-developed in the arms to have any problem with this armband.

Delivery: Prompt

Overall rating: Very good for the price and I'm pleased that I didn't buy one of the more expensive offerings, it's just an armband for goodness sake!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Seems to be reasonably constructed, 6 April 2010
This product is pretty good especially considering the price. Mistakenly bought this for my iPhone but was happy it fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 10 Nov. 2009
This armband is great and more than met my expectations. It straps firmly to my arm and provides great access to my I-pod Touch while riding bike and being active. No need to worry about it coming loose or moving around and also protects the screen of the I-Touch. I highly recommend this easy to use and very well constructed armband. Also, great delivery/ price and just as shown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item with fast delivery, 26 Feb. 2010
Ordered this and it arrived in less than 24hrs.
Save yourself some money if you want to take you ipod touch to the gym or running this what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I want - good solid design, 6 May 2010
Stella L. Bates (Lincs, Stamford) - See all my reviews
This product is quick and easy to use, holds the iPod firmly and securely, and for the price I feel is very good value. I get on with my exercises quickly and efficiently having no concerns that the iPod is going to tumble out of the holder. I find the armband quite comfortable. Obviously, you do have to be realistic and anything that is attached to your arm will initially feel alien, but if you get into what you are doing ie: exercises, running etc., the armband allows you freedom to just take of across a field, down country lanes, working on the allotment without any fear that the iPod is at risk. And let's be honest everything has a lifespan, so if it has daily regular use for 6-12 months you would expect some wear & tear to effect the condition of the armband. If I could have afforded a top of the range, not sure if it would have been more robust and have a longer lifespan. With this being my first I cannot compare Apples with Apples, but can only go on my first experience with a product of this nature. It is certainly not a rubbish or badly designed and manufactured product and for the price I believe it reflects good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too painful to use!, 19 Sept. 2010
purplepadma (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Now, I grant you that this may be a problem specific to people like me with relatively small arms. However, the product is supposed to be adjustable, so I don't expect it to injure me just by tightening it to fit my arm! At the very least, after running for any length of time I have a small bruise where the armband has pinched my inner arm. Once after a long run it was almost as if it had "bitten" me - there was a small circle where the skin had been entirely removed. I bought this after I lost a similar but more expensive armband, which never gave me any difficulties - I guess you get what you pay for in some respects.

On the plus side, I have a hard case on my iPhone and this armband actually accommodates that much better than my previous armband - a nice snug fit, but not so snug that getting the device into the clear pocket is in any way difficult. However, that's eclipsed by the fact that I have had to give up using this product as it's just too painful!