5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value functional item for running
You can pay a lot for lycra shorts, and it makes some sense if you're a cyclist - extra cushioning and the like. For running, though, these are just the job, light, non-irritating, seemingly sturdy enough, they've done me a good few runs now without any sign of chafing.

Published on 26 Nov. 2008 by Maclennane

...and some of them costing upwards of £50. I bought these and they're absolutely perfect. Comfortable and they stay in place well even when sprinting, squats, burpees etc.

The only improvement would be a small pocket but at this price it's not a complaint at all. I'll buy some more now I know how good they are.

BUT.....

Now some months on...
Published on 21 Oct. 2012 by Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value functional item for running, 26 Nov. 2008
Maclennane (Horsham, Sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

The insubstantial nature of the fabric does tend to display your goods to the world, however. I just wear them under rugby shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision Training - Lyrca Under Short, 19 April 2009
Amazon Customer (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered these on Amazon from Precision Sports and they arrived very quickly within a few days.
I bought these to wear under my shorts to stop chaffing while training. They have done that. The shorts are well made but at first looked too small and I thought I'd have a problem getting them on. I've never worn Lycra shorts before and was surprised at how stretchy they are. The fit is perfect and I quickly forget I'm wearing them. I can't say or see how a significantly more expensive pair could be better as these seem perfect especially at the price I paid.

3.0 out of 5 stars I looked at so many pairs of lycra shorts before buying these..., 21 Oct. 2012

BUT.....

Now some months on after buying these shorts there is a big problem. They are fine for my circuit training and stuff like that but for long runs they actually rub at the back where the seams meet, enough to make me bleed. So be very careful when ordering that you won't be wearing them for long runs.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 Jan. 2009
D. A. Myers - See all my reviews
very good quality product and item arrived very quickly and a few days before i thought i would get them!recommended seller!

3.0 out of 5 stars Undergarment and seamed - unsuitable for rowing as bought for, 28 Jun. 2014
I bought these months ago for wearing whilst on my Concept2 indoor rowing machine. I *think* the description has changed since then but I definitely got the impression that they were seamless. That feature's important to me - a seam and a long row and I end up with a rubbed-raw sore bleeding bum! Hence to date I've never worn these things whilst exercising. The box states they're an undergarment but, again, I don't think that was made clear at the time I bought them (the online description does make it clear now, I see).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 11 April 2014
Lycra shorts are so very expensive when buying any sorted of branded pair. I just wanted something that I could wear beneath my running shorts to keep me warm and prevent unwanted friction. As expected the shorts are tight (very tight) and so I am glad that I went the size above my actual waistline. They definitely would not have fit otherwise.

In terms of comfort, the shorts do have quite prominent seams running around the waist and down the leg. Unfortunately, this has meant I still have to wear an undergarment to prevent painful rubbing at the bottom of my back and on the leg (more expensive brands are seamless and so can be worn as an undergarment). Apart from that, they are like any other pair I have worn. Also, within a week, one of the ends of the toggle tie had come off and so begun to fray. It also disappeared into the waist and so I spent a good 20 minutes trying to fish it out.

Although this review might sound overwhelmingly negative, the real winner is price. They do the job and that's what you are paying for I suppose. I still wear them everyday, and after four weeks of running they are still going with no signs of wear. For that, they get the four stars - you have to compromise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value For Money, 30 Oct. 2010
I was looking for some shorts which my Partner could use for football. He had always worn the Nike Pro lyrca shorts but you were lucky to get change from £20. We thought we would give these a go and he found them so comfortable that we ordered another pair.

Good value for money and would definitely recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Great undershorts, 21 July 2012
A. Hoggan - See all my reviews
As previously explained or implied in another review of similar a product I play rugby and have recently taken up jogging on a treadmill in a gym to maintain some sort of fitness (whilst staying in the warm). I have had issues with groin strains and hamstring pulls through the years which weren't very nice. As I'm now jogging everyday I want to avoid strains and I was also experiencing friction burns from the inside seam of my shorts. Undershorts seemed the solution to everything and happily they have been, they also keep my ham strings nice and warm whilst jogging. These specific undershorts fit well are sufficiently tight without being too tight and cover my legs down to the top of my knees so keep some support on the back of the knee which is nice. I like them, they fit well, they seem to withstand constant use and do what I bought them for, a good buy, I recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 8 Oct. 2011
Having just started to run 5K on the treadmill, I needed a pair of lycra shorts to wear as underwear, we all know the problem with cotton underpants when training, not good.
Somebody said to me have you tried using lycra running shorts as an undergarment, I hthought why not give it a go.
I have dropped down from a 36" waist to a 34" waist so ordered the 34-36" shorts.
They feel great when running, more to the point you forget about that area and can conentrate more on the running and achieving your goal. After trialling my first pair I immediately went back and ordered a second pair.
Be careful when washing as they run (excuse the pun), I handwash mine and then spin them in the washing machine, works a treat and doesn't ruin anything else in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job its supposed to!, 16 May 2010
D. Kakofengitis "Demis" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
I use this product for running as I have pretty big legs and normal shorts give me a lot of irritation to a point that I bleed inbetween my legs.

This product saved me big time. Its just the perfect solution for my problem. Have only been using it for a short time so I dont know how long it will take until I need another one but I am looking forward to try it in spear fishing during the summer or for just swimming generally, although I wouldnt attempt using it in a pool as chlorine can destroy it pretty quickly.

The only problem is that its so tight, comfortably tight but enough tight to expose your manhood, if you are a man that is, so you might want to use it below other shorts and it will still be equally good.

Precision Training Lycra Shorts - White, Size 38/40