4.0 out of 5 stars Eyefi the way forward
I bought this card for the fact it will send my pictures via wifi to another device.
My iPhone and iPad have the software to make this work so I was very excited to see how well it performed

From setup to working takes about 5 minutes and was an easy click next guide
My camera is a canon 550D and after putting the card in the pc and telling it what I...
Published on 27 May 2011 by Mr. David P. Cherry

3.0 out of 5 stars Works easily but so does plugging your camera in to your computer with a lead
I am not into facebooking / sharing photos etc; if you like those things then this could well be for you, as it makes them really easy to do.

From my point of view, as I already have a lead that I can connect my camera to my computer with, which is not that difficult to do, I am not sure I see the point of it, though it is definitely quite cool when you are...
Published on 22 Jan 2011 by vh1967

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't communicate, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Eye-Fi Connect X2 4GB Wireless SDHC Memory Card (Accessory)
Won't communicate with either PC or iPad. It says it is suitable for canon eos 1000 but there is nowhere on tools menu of camera to switch on eye fi. I should not have been sold it

Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars For IT fans only, 3 Jan 2013
Robert Adshead "boba" (Hexham) - See all my reviews
These devices are terrific value and oonce set up will transform your photography. I will always have one n any camera I own from now on. Don't be put off if your camera is not in the list of supported models - mine is a Fuji HS10 and it works fine. The support guy I spoke to says the list is only the evices Eye-fi have actually tested. If your camera is plastic bodied it should go. A metal case might obscure the wireless signal. But.. what a pain to set up. I work in IT and it took me 2 days to get it to work completely. I know lots of others on the forums have said tthe same thing, butthe problem in my case was that I did not have a complete picture of the intended functionality - I made assumptions that were incorrect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 14 May 2011
My Son who trains people in IT tried to install this software for me, it was extremly difficult and flacky. I wanted it so that I could transfer photos onto my iPad, but one minute it would work and then other it wouldn't.He was backwards and forwards altering internet settings when finally his patience ran out, a real nightmare. I eventually returned it to Amazon.
When they sort out the problems this could be a good product, until then be carefull !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great card, appalling desktop software, 13 Jan 2011
H. Smith - See all my reviews
The card is great. If you decide later you would rather have had one of the more expensive cards, you can upgrade it later for most things, obviously you can't increase the storage, but you can add things like geo-tagging.

However, the eye-fi centre which you run on the computer is rubbish. Built using Adobe's air platform, it is slow, buggy, the interface looks completely out of place with everything else on your computer, and controls, such as preferences aree not where you would expect, particularly on the Mac.

Worse if you're using an old PowerPC Mac, the latest software won't work, 3.1.9 is the last version that will work. However, every time you log on to your computer you will be told there is an update and the icon on the menu bar turns orange. There is no way to turn this off that I have found.

A quick word if your downloads seem slow from the camera, because the card is so small, and encased normally in a metal case, attenuation of the wi-fi signal is very quick. For the quickest uploads to your computer, turn the camera on right next to the wi-fi router while it downloads.

2.0 out of 5 stars The unimaginable, 6 Aug 2010
Portaderry (Derry, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have been using this card for months now. I have just learned this week, that because of public opinion, the website used to administrate and organise ones photos on the cards, has changed. With high expectations I have used the site to try and get a hold of my photos which mysteriously vanished on several occasions since May. I should add that those photos that did make it off the card, were not geotagged correctly.
This is an expensive piece of kit and it needs to be reliable across ALL my camera platforms. I would not touch this card with a barge pole - even literally! It is unstable and does not do what 'it says on the tin'. Eye-Fi support is appalling to us users in the UK. Definately not recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars dead still in garatee?/, 16 July 2014
it is broken after nearly two days sort of service was sold VP Sales no idea how to avail garantee

1.0 out of 5 stars Eye-Fi Card Promises A Lot But Seriously Fails To Deliver, 16 Nov 2011
I am a professional product photographer and bought this card to use with my Nikon DSLR and send the images to my iPad. This allows me to see the quality of the shot immediately and either move on or make some corrections. It could also allow me to show the Client the images if I was on location which would make them more involved in the process. Simply put it does not work!

Since it's arrival in August 2011, I have now responded to my 26th email today from Eye-Fi customer services who cannot identify the issue and keep asking me to uninstall and re-install the supporting software. Some may put this down to an error on my part.... except I have an MSc in Computing so am fairly competent with technology and networks. So save your self the pain and move on, as this product is not worth the time and effort I have given it. I would have sent it back to Amazon.co.uk except I am well past the 28 days!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - DOES NOT WORK, 28 July 2011
It's all very well when it works - but mine froze and I had to reset it. Again, when you're not on your home network, it's utterly USELESS as a standard SD card.
YOU CANNOT DROP AND DRAG FILES FROM THIS CARD ONTO YOUR PC OR MAC. It has to be wireless or you're stuffed.
On 3 computers, in different environments, it refuses to copy more than 6-8 photos, before freezing and crashing a computer.
It's a great idea, and fantastic to see it working. But the time saved is more than eradicated by having to reset or painfully pull the pictures one by one off the card. (And even then that's not safe and I#m in constant fear of it wiping my photos.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Eyefi card, 21 April 2011
We could not get this card to work with our Imac, the customer advice department response was poor, they seemed unable to grasp exactly what the issue was even though we explained clearly, as they did not resolve the problem we returned the card to the vendor and used a simple plug in card reader for less than half the cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY!, 15 Oct 2013
On paper this little device is a real game changer. However after days of reading various instructions, updating firmware/software, following forum threads, this card still does not connect to any devices rendering it absolutely useless, even as a standard backup memory card as 4gb holds virtually nothing when shooting in RAW.
This is a fad, stay away, easier and quicker to take your card out of the camera and stick it into your computer.