5.0 out of 5 stars Supergood - an instant classic for those who 'get it'.
Superbad is not for everyone.

The one star reviews here demonstrate that a certain percentage of the poplace is just not going to get this movie - fair do's, to each their own.

However, there are many who perceive Superbad to be an instant comedy classic and the funniest film of the decade so far. I'm one of those people.

The film was many...
Published on 8 Aug 2008 by A. Elliott

3.0 out of 5 stars "Have you actually ever met anyone named McLovin?"
Since Napoleon Dynamite, `geek flicks' became nearly as trendy as the awful teen sex comedies like American Pie - and when I saw the opening credits with the awkward dancing, I thought this might be jumping on the bandwagon. Thankfully though - the film introduced two great characters - Evan and Seth. The two friends are in the final throws of school life before going up...
Published on 6 Feb 2009 by @GeekZilla9000

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Super rubbish, 26 April 2008
K. Mitchell - See all my reviews
This film is complete rubbish, it doesn't even deserve one star. There is no story, it's not funny at all and no one in the film can act. Its a waste of 2 hours of your life. If you want humour buy anchorman.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Film Ever, 28 Aug 2008
Firstly, i didn't expect much when this film started and much to my suprise my expectations grew worse as the film continued.

There are jokes that will make you laugh, but only if you have the intelligence lower than a 5 year old with severe learning difficulties. Now don't get me wrong, i have enjoyed previous films made by the same people, it's just that everything about the film is lack-lustre, from the performances to the script.

It seems that the writers just tried to make a film that would attract people because of their previous successes.

So i strongly recommend you go elsewhere if you want a comedy, as the only thing funny about this debacle is the attempt the actors make to save their credibility.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor, don't bother watching!, 29 Mar 2008
I. Duckworth - See all my reviews
odd parts of the film are funny (which you will see on the trailers)
very boring, film drags on and on. it's just like an 80's comedy film without much comedy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Super lame, 15 May 2009
I almost turned this film off in the first fifteen minutes, after being subjected to fifteen minutes of misogynistic, vulgar language. I stuck with it, like I'd stick with staring at a horrific car crash. It didn't make me laugh and frequently made me angry. It's sexist, homophobic and unfunny, and one day will be held up as an example of the nastiness of the 'genitalia obsessed' film-making for teenage boys, which all added to the nastiness of the 'lad mag' era.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't watch this film again even if I got paid!, 12 Dec 2008
Vice Fire (High Wycombe, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
What a load of rubbish! I can tell exactly what the director was thinking whilst writing the script: 'I know! I can't think of anything actually funny to put in, so I'll just make the whole thing full of sex-based jokes that immature people will laugh at'.

The only thing positive that I can say about this is Mclovin, when he appears. But that is like taking a car that is terrible in every way and saying that you quite like the seat belt buckle. I can think of dogs that could write something funnier! I first saw this film on a coach, so unfortunately I didn't have the freedom of being able to walk out. From what I have heard from friends who saw this in the cinema, about half of the people in there walked out during the film.

If you like comedy that requires any kind of intelligence, give this one a miss, for the sake of your health!

1.0 out of 5 stars Superbad film, 21 Jun 2008
This is utter tripe, the story has been done a thousand times before (and better) and the characters are completely unlikeable. I love American Pie etc etc. but have no idea how this got such good media reviews. I can however see why some people gave this 5 stars as some people in this world are brain dead morons from Chavchester who have an IQ of less than 20.
Avoid at all costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Super Rubbish (& other words), 14 April 2008
JA White - See all my reviews
What are the people on about who say this is like the best film since american pie. No one over the age of 16 will find this funny. Ridiculously unbelievable plot line and zero funny. Way over hyped.

1.0 out of 5 stars ok here's the deal....., 10 Jan 2013
..... im sure this is a very good movie, but i just bought this for my 5 year old son, thinking it was a caper comedy with a trio of friends and it presented some extremely un-christian values, and it wasn't in 3D? even when i put on the glasses?.......

1.0 out of 5 stars What is worse? Superbad or a stay at Guantanamo Bay?, 13 Dec 2008
G. Cluley - See all my reviews
The only reason why I watched this film until the end, was because I couldn't believe how super-bad this movie was. It is actually clinically fascinating to try and understand how this movie was ever made.

Truly unfunny from start to finish (okay, the crazy cops were mildly amusing but other than that..), it baffles me how anyone ever reached into their wallets to fund this mess.

Poorly written and badly acted, I guarantee you will be so bored you will be gnawing your own elbows off long before the end.

Can I give zero stars?

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Funny At All, 23 Dec 2012
Trojanhorse11 (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am not a hater of these types of movies, as American high-school teen movies are among my favourite genres of movies - just so you know I'm not criticising this movie for the sake of it.

It is NOT funny at all. For some reason, they writers thought that it would be funny if the chubby kid (played by Jonah Hill) yells and screams at the nerdy kid (played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse) all the way through the film. That is not how comedy works. Shouting at someone over and over again and trying to make them look/feel stupid is NOT a joke. Put actual "jokes" in the film or funny scenarios, then maybe it will be funny.

Worst so-called "comedy" I have ever seen.

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

Superbad [UMD Mini for PSP]
Superbad [UMD Mini for PSP] (UMD Mini for PSP - 2010)
1.99