5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
I started using this product many years ago on the recommendation of my vet. Many cats later I am still pleased that it is always so effective. I have discovered that if I wrap it in Malt Paste the tablets go down no problem. An excellent product.
Published on 31 July 2011 by Caroline

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read other reviews before purchasing
I did not realise these pills were being sent from Thailand. They are split from a larger box and there is no use by date on them. The instructions are photocopied. For the above reasons I am not confident to give them to my cat.
Published 11 months ago by pepi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 31 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Worming control for Mousers., 4 Nov. 2011
fudggie girl (wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
My cat Ben has been a bit poorly recently and with him being a mouser the vet recommended getting him wormed as they can cause allergies as well as being unhealthy for the poor animals.I went ahead and bought one tablet from her at £5.75p!!!!What do you do?You pay not realising they can be bought somewhere else much cheaper.
The tablet was almost instant and i'm glad to say with regular worming Ben is in tip top condition.I then payed the vet the same amount for 6 tablets as i did for 12 on here.I know where i'll be buying in the future.
I now(after an on-line search ect) realise that all outdoor animals should be wormed as well as regular flea and tick control to keep them healthy.After all a pet is a member of our family isn't it?It's our duty to protect as well as love them.
These tablets come with a leaflet explaing how many tablets to give for wieght of cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drontal cat worming pills, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
They are quite difficult to get a cat to eat as they are quite big, but hopefully all that effort will prevent them from getting worms and becoming very ill. The price was very reasonable, considering I have two cats, and delivery was very quick too. Would strongly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems at all, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
Beware that cats can smell these tablets from a mile off so try not to crush them if possible as taking the coating off the tablets lets the scent out that they hate. After 2 goes since crushing into food did not work (glad I brought multi tablets now) I fount that putting a tablet in some chicken paste goes down a treat! No worms came out which is great but I am glad I have took the precaution so smiles all round Thank you seller

Annaleise

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had read other reviews before purchasing, 5 Mar. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value wormer, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
This is for my cat - I crush it between two teaspoons then mix it with a little Philadelphia Cream Cheese and spread it on the cat`s flank. Cat spends the next five minutes licking it off - cats love Pilly!

Much easier than trying to get it down it`s throat. The hard coating on the tablet makes it a little harder to crush than otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
Tablets are as they should be and excellent price coming in from overseas so take this into account when ordering

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats, 8 July 2011
D. Dobson "Dawn" (Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
Does what it says. Fast Efficient Service. Will use them again. And I can't think of anything else useful to say. xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Indoor cats need worming too!, 19 Nov. 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
I really wasn't looking forward to giving our cat a Worming Tablet for the first time. I figured that the easiest way of giving it her would be to hide it in her food and she would wolf it down. Unfortunately, my cat is more intelligent than I give her credit for and simply ate around it. As such, I decided to simply place it in her mouth with someone else holding her. She pulled a funny face when it broke into pieces in her mouth, but she managed to eat it without too much hassle.

When we started worming our cat, we asked our local vets how often we should be de-worming our cat & he suggested we didn't need to do it as often as every 3 months due to her being an indoor cat. However doing a little research shows just how easy even indoor cats can get worms. As such, we have chosen to be cautious and still do her every 3 months. At this price, why not!

*** How can your indoor cat get worms? ***

Your indoor cat might come to contact with worms in several ways:

- Fleas -

They are one of the most common carriers of worms. Cat can get worms by eating a flea or if a flea bites him. And of course fleas are often taken indoors by us. We don’t notice it, because it’s not that easy to notice just one flea. But it probably will find your cat once it gets inside.

- Worm eggs -

They are usually taken indoors with our shoes or clothes. Is your cat sniffing around your clothes to check where you’ve been? Most cats do, as they are curious animals. Unfortunately, this is where they may come to contact with worm eggs.

- Other pets -

Do you have any other pet that is allowed both indoors and outdoors? A dog in example? No matter if he’s a friend or an enemy of your cat, they do come to contact, and your cat is highly likely to get worms from your dog.

- Food -

This is not very likely, but if your cat is enjoying raw diet there is a small risk of eating worm eggs together with an addled meat or fish. But, again, possibility is very small, which increases if you do choose sources of ingredients

Good thing to do is to keep your house clean and outdoor shoes and clothes unreachable to your cat. However, it just decreases the risk, not eliminates it, so, worming your indoor cat regularly, might be the only sure thing that your pet is staying parasite free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to administer, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets (Grocery)
Dont waste your money on this unless you have cats that dont mind taking tablets - one of mine shredded my hand when taking it. Next time I am going to the vets to get the spot on wormer - more expensive but saves a lot of stress for me and the cats

Drontal Cat wormer x12 tablets