5.0 out of 5 stars A suitable budget wine fermenter
Published on 5 Mar. 2013 by Vires

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, hindsight is a wonderful thing...
looking back, as my brewing experience moves on, this item is completely unnecessary. Save you money, buy a 5 litre water container from a supermarket, And make you own bubble lock, if you want, from a curled bit of syphon hose.
its on the you tube.
We live and learn. learn from me ...lol!
Published 5 months ago by M. bayley

5.0 out of 5 stars A suitable budget wine fermenter, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Home Brew & Wine Making - VinClasse® 5 Litre Clear Fermenting Bucket With Airlock & LCD Temp Strip (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this item to make small batches of fruit wine. The main problem with making such wines is the mess and pulp you get from the initial fermentation - something that is a significant problem if you use a glass demijohn (it won't come out of the narrow neck easily!). Yes, this is made from thin plastic, but it is suitable for purpose and the seals are all tight. I rather like the semi-transparent quality as I can keep an eye on what's going on inside.

The inclusion of an airlock and thermometer for this price is terrific, as these are two things I would need to buy anyway. With most winemaking you'll want to rack the contents off into another vessel, so don't expect that this item is all you need, but it is most of it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bucket, 1 Jan. 2013
I got bought a wine making kit for Christmas and had to buy a fermentation barrel and airlock.

I found this and having the lcd temp strip on the barrel meant it was one less thing to buy.

When it arrived it was well packaged and was undamaged.

I have to say the bucket is made from rather flimsy plastic and this does not do it any favours when full of liquid as when you press the sides it forces air back up the airlock and if the bucket is full to the brim which I know shouldn't be, but if it is you will force the liquid back into the airlock, not good.

For the price you do get a barrel, airlock and temperature which for the money is a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for first timers at making Homemade Country Wine., 30 Aug. 2013
J. Porter "Bigchin" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This is an ideal starter bucket if like me you are just starting to make wine for the first time. Its an ideal size if you lack space and although some reviews of this have said the plastic is very thin and flimsy, I wouldn't agree. Yes the bucket is made from thin plastic but it has a thick top ridge which gives it enough rigidity to get the lid on and off. The bung seal for the fermentation trap is a nice touch and although the fermentation trap itself isn't the best I'ves seen it does its job. The only down side is is that the temperature gauge on the bucket does seem to stop working after a while. Also when making wine from fresh fruit watch the level when you fill the bucket up as with the fermentation process the pulp tends to expand with foam and float to the top. The recipe that I followed said not to put a lid on the bucket and only add the fermentation trap when transferring to a demi-john. As a result the pulp came very close to the top of the bucket and I had to add more water when transferring to the demi-john so the bucket could perhaps be a little bigger. Overall though not a bad product and it will do a job for sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a novice, 16 Nov. 2013
I hadn't brewed beer before and rather than fork out a fortune I decided to buy this product just to test the water (beer). The thermometer works well and all the seals are good and tight. I would recommend to anyone looking for a first time budget option.

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, hindsight is a wonderful thing..., 19 Oct. 2014
M. bayley (UK) - See all my reviews
its on the you tube.
We live and learn. learn from me ...lol!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 30 Oct. 2013
This is really a very simple and quite flimsy bucket and lid. There is the the hole for the supplied airlock as an extra but it is relatively pricey for what you get. However it does the job and should last.

3.0 out of 5 stars Middling to little use so far., 10 April 2013
Let me make it clear that there is nothing wrong with this product. The lid seal held fast and the hole with grommit for the airlock was good. It's hard to mess up with what is essentially a bucket with a lid, but I would question it's usefulness as to be honest I have used it very little, and it sits on my shelf. Either buy bigger or know that you have a specific use for it. Mine was to try a small batch of beer with a different yeast, but I am unconvinced this was the best way to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sevice and product, 24 Dec. 2014
Arrived safe and sound, am pleased with the item which I consider good value for my money

4.0 out of 5 stars Fermenting Bucket., 24 Jan. 2014
Quick to arrive and so far I have found the product to be just what I need. The only one complaint I do have is the temperature strip, the term indicators on a submarine comes to mind. it constantly reads 20c, I have an electronic temp Gauge which I insert into the fermenting brew in it every day which gives me a totally different reading, and it does fluctuate with this whereas the strip on the bucket does not. I would not rely on the strip or buy it on the strength of this temp strip, this said it is doing the job otherwise and I am more than happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars this is a great little bin, 20 Nov. 2014
If your looking for smaller brewing items, this is a great little bin....