5.0 out of 5 stars DON"T BE CAUGHT OUT!
The product is excellent as i found out whilst using the Adobe trial. However, what i didn't realise is that the upgrade will not work if you are upgrading from a design suite e.g. i have Design Standard CS3 consisting of Photoshop. Unless you have photoshop as a stand alone product then this purchase is not for you.
Published on 11 July 2010 by S. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade doesn't work for Creative Suite
I've tried upgrading to Photoshop CS5 from CS4 Creative Suite and it will not work. After contacting both Adobe and Amazon, I've been told that to upgrade from a Creative Suite you need to either purchase the full version of Photoshop or the Creative Suite upgrade (both much more expensive than the stand-alone Photoshop upgrade).

Amazon also said that they will...
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by arevieweringapple

5.0 out of 5 stars DON"T BE CAUGHT OUT!, 11 July 2010
S. Williams (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Upgrade Version from Photoshop CS2/CS3/CS4 (Mac) (DVD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the upgrade, 30 May 2010
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
To be frank I had upgraded to CS4 and wasn't sure if an up grade to Cs5 was worthwhile. I am pleased I did as this upgrade rocks. There are some great improvements including the content fill aware. This was my initial reson for the upgrade as it makes the cleaning up of my pictures ever faster. But this software is no one one trck pony. There's lots more to CS5. The noise reduction is amazing and on par with the plug-Ins for CS4. I am also amazed at the HDR which allows you to merge several images but use one as a standard where there is movement in the images. All of a sudden there is no need for my separate software for HDR.

Any negatives, yes, in that enlarging images and pixels the software is still the same so I will need a plug- In. However don't let that be a reason NOT to buy. This is a giant leap in Photoshop. Buy and you won' t regret it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop CS5 upgrade, 29 Nov 2010
Having previously upgraded from CS3 to CS5 I was reluctant to purchase CS5 on the grounds of cost. Changing computer operating systems, namely Windows to OS X has meant an upgrade was now feasible. Photoshop CS5 is quite an upgrade from CS4. Some of the main changes for me are that Adobe Bridge can now be access directly in Photoshop, HDR has been been given a make over, and the filters have been vastly improved. I have to admit I don't manipulate my images a great deal so can only provide an opinion based on my actual use. What i can say, is that i am very impressed with CS5. Whether someone would upgrade from CS4 to CS5 really depends on your demands of the product I feel to justify the price or like me change operating platforms. If though you are a heavy user of photoshop I would seriously consider and recommend CS5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade doesn't work for Creative Suite, 6 Dec 2010

Amazon also said that they will not accept returns if the item is opened - how am I supposed to know, before I open the package, that I cannot upgrade from CS4 Creative Suite to Photoshop CS5 if the description on Amazon says 'Upgrade for CS2, CS3 and CS4'?

Useless from both companies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop just got better..., 7 Aug 2010
I've been a Beta tester for Adobe Systems for a little over 6 years now from the very earliest days of Lightroom. Like other Beta testers I worked on Photoshop CS3 for almost a year. CS3 was in itself a quantum leap from previous incarnations of the product. CS4 has worked well, very well in fact but still lacked some refinement when it came to issues like Spot healing and Cloning.. As an Imaging professional and tutor I am often called upon to restore damaged images. One such image, a full colour Autochrome circa 1930 came my way last week. The transparency is sandwiched between two sheets of 6.5" x 4.75" glass. The top glass was shattered rendering the image to all intents and purposes useless. I decided to download the Adobe trial of CS5 as this would provide a real and valuable test. I was not disappointed. the results are stunning, with great accuracy and speed. 5 minutes later, with a clean, restored image I logged onto Amazon and bought the upgrade!
A few weeks on and I am discovering even more subtle but significant changes to the product. Camera RAW 6.x is now probably the best non-destructive editing tool on the market. With enhanced noise reduction, sharpening and overall tonal control it is easily worth 6 stars...

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but...., 3 Mar 2012
I generally like CS5 but I mainly bought it to stay in the update cycle. I had been planning to stay with CS3 until CS6 came out but unlike pervious update packages Adobe has changed their update policy for CS6 so that it will only cover upgrades from CS5 which is pretty underhanded. Other than that there are not enough new features in CS5 that weren't in CS3 to make me feel that the upgrade was worth while. For those two reasons I only gave this product three stars. Finally buyers should be aware of the fact that they have to download the Photoshop TWAIN scanner plug-in separately, it is not included by default anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yes i was caught out!!!, 8 Dec 2010

Useless from both companies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forced to buy this by Adobe's new pricing policy for upgrades., 23 Jan 2012
I have CS4 with which I'm perfectly happy, and did not intend to upgrade for a while, until I learned that Adobe would only offer reduced Upgrade prices for CS6 to people who had already purchased CS5. Sneaky, but hey it worked - they got my business.

June 2012:- Well CS6 is now released - and contrary to Adobe's announced policy CS6 IS available as an upgrade to owners of CS3 and CS4 - and at pretty much the same price as the "reduced" CS5 upgrade they offered in January. So I paid for this intermediate upgrade for nothing! Adobe are offering free upgrade to CS6 for people who bought CS5 after March 25th - but are so far refusing to do the same for me. Does anyone else find this unethical?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the upgrade, 7 Dec 2011
Organic (Shropshire,UK) - See all my reviews
I've been using the Mac version of CS4 for sometime now and have been putting off upgrading until I had a chance to evaluate the new features in CS5.

I'm pleased to say that I've now taken the plunge and believe this is a worthy upgrade.

Useful and time saving items I've found so far include:

Support for my Canon G12!
Content-Aware option on the healing tool.
Rule of thirds grid on the crop tool.
Straighten now available on the ruler tool.

Adobe Photoshop CS5, Upgrade Version from Photoshop CS2/CS3/CS4 (Mac)
Out of stock