5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price
I bought this for my husband as a stocking filler. He has a sporty man-bag which has now seen better days so I thought I'd replace it with a new one. I would say it is a medium size and has quite a masculine look.

Published on 20 Dec. 2012 by Essbee

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful Real Leather Bag
I bought this bag to replace an almost identical bag which I had made unusable by pulling the end of one of the zips off, this was my fault but I think some of the stitching was a little suspect.
Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by Kenneth S. Holgate

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 20 Dec. 2012
Essbee (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lorenz Black Real Leather Shoulder Bag (Luggage)

There are a lot of useful pockets, some fasten with zips and others with Velcro. The bag came with the long handle unattached so you can use the bag with or without it. The quality of the leather seems good and all the pockets are lined with black silky/rayon type material.

Please be sure to read the update as well as this report as I bought another one the following year.

The pocket immediately to the front of the handle is quite narrow and deep so men with wide hands might find it a bit of a struggle to get into the bottom, the others are fine but I'm not sure I would want to put an expensive 'phone in the side pocket if the bag is going to be worn over the shoulder - a bit too easy to access. None of these are major problems and could be overcome by simply using one of the other pockets. My main gripe with the bag is how badly it is finished. There are a lot of places where cotton has been left dangling, some are obviously from the lining material and others are from where the bag has been stitched together. I have gone over it with a fine pair of scissors and given it a trim so it looks much better.

Update
I bought a second one of these for a Christmas present for a male relation who travels a lot. I was waiting with my scissors at the ready and was pleasantly surprised when the finish was perfect. The style was also a little different and did not have the very small pocket at the front. As a result I have increased my stars. The recipient was very happy with his present and intends using it when they travel for passport and other essentials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 25 Sept. 2010
I used a bag like this which had seen better days so I looked around for a replacement. This bag is slightly larger which enables me to carry more things but without being at all bulky. Ideal for having on holidays but also when I have no jacket on here in the UK in hot weather and I can carry my wallet, credit cards and other things out of sight whilst keeping my hands free. Good quality soft leather at a really good price in comparison with others I had looked at. Would buy this same item again for sure

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorenz organiser bag, 20 July 2011
For ages I have been looking for an in-flight organiser (the Tesco carrier bag was hardly a convenient option). This product is perfect - Kindle (in case) fits perfectly in pocket 1; iPod & headphones go into pocket 2; cards, notes and coins in pocket 3. The design and manufacturing quality are both excellent. Overall, a very handy bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Lorenz Black Real Leather Shoulder Bag (Luggage)
Ordered this bag for a friend who does a lot of travelling and is always loosing things.

It is a great bag and has enough space for wallet, passport, boarding pass, keys, mobile phone and enough room to fit either a Kindle or a book in as well and even has space for a compact camera. What more do you need to travel.

I showed it to my colleagues at work and after seeing it ordered another three today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful Real Leather Bag, 15 Feb. 2013
Kenneth S. Holgate (Glastonbury UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lorenz Black Real Leather Shoulder Bag (Luggage)
I use the bag to carry the harness and leads etc for my Great Dane and also my own items. It is very smart the leather is fine and it is big enough without looking bulky.
You can see I am happy with it by the fact I bought a second one. The price was very reasonable and competitive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good value...(AT FIRST!), 16 Aug. 2011
Having finally decided that the balance of "butch with carrier bag full of bits" had lost out to "modern man who can cope with a handbag", I thought I would take the plunge with this reasonably priced offering. I wanted something big enough to take my Kindle (in cover) plus wallet, mobile & assorted bits & pieces and this seemed to be the right size. It had a good workout as we went on holiday two days after receiving it & I am really pleased with it. My only criticisms are 1) I would have preferred it in brown leather; 2) although the manufacturing quality is fine (I think it will last a good few years), it did require 10 minutes with a pair of scissors to remove some excess threads that remained from the stitching process, oh and 3) the shoulder strap - whilst plenty long enough (I'm 6'1), could perhaps have been a little wider (& hence more substantial). Overall, I would definitely recommend this for the price.

UPDATE: Well, two years on and this has well and truly given up the ghost - after about a year of infrequent use, it basically started to come apart at the seams and has now been replaced by a much better (and pricier) alternative from that well-known high street seller who is never knowingly undersold. This bag is the classic case of getting what you pay for and "buy cheap, buy twice" - it was ok for the money, but with hindsight I would have held off. I object to leather goods only lasting twelve months. So, ok if you don't mind replacing it every year or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Leather Shoulder Man Bag, 30 May 2011
Was a bit susceptible about what I would get for the price but when it arrived I must admit that I was very pleased indeed. A similar bag made by a 'well known' suitcase maker would have set me back about there to four times the price and no have as many zipped pockets and a shoulder strap.A great buy - will use this supplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man Bag Organiser, 31 Jan. 2012
It says on the Lorenz label attached to the bag - 'Remarkable Value'. And so it is. It's quite the best 'man' bag I've ever bought (had Samsonite and Timberland products previously). It fits all of the requirements I had when looking around for what's out there. If its the best bag to carry round your 'pocket junk' you're after, like car and house keys, wallets, spare change purse, passports, travel documents, compact digital camera and so much more, then look no further. It's so well designed and made, with unbeatable price and quality, and not obtrusive when you carry it around, you'll not be disapointed - you might even want two.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really handy bag, 29 May 2011
This bag is just what you want if you are out about town - like in New York. You can put your travel material and camera in it. Really, you can just empty your pockets before the pickpockets do. I live in Europe where we have probably the "best" pickpockets in the world. From my experience a bag like this is just what you want to avoid a lot of travel problems. It really is a blessing to get through the security lines at the airport or the Empire State Building, for example. Just plop the bag in a box and move on. Trust me you will find lots of uses for it. It is small enough to carry easily yet has four pockets to stow your gear in. The leather is soft and pliable. Overall areally nice bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ladies handbag!, 25 Oct. 2011
Although it is advertised as a man bag, it makes the perfect handbag for any lady. The compartments are just what I need to store different items safely and yet be able to find exactly what I need without rummaging. It is comfortable to wear as a shoulder bag and fits neatly under the seat of my car. Everything fits neatly into the bag and there is even room for a paperback for travel reading as well as my spectacles case and hairbrush and mobile 'phone. The bag is very well made and arrived promptly. An excellent product.

Lorenz Black Real Leather Shoulder Bag