on 1 August 2012
Altberg Sneeker Boots are by far the best combat boots I have ever owned. Previously I have only had cheap cadet ones and of course the British Army issue boot, neither compare to this boot. I have had the boots for half a year now, so I feel I can finally give these boots a full review. For the money that this boot costs you want to ensure you are getting your money's worth with footwear so I want to provide you with a thorough review to ensure you know what you're buying.

The Altberg Sneeker is the pre-boot to this one, which is the ultimate lightweight tabbing boot, which works great for day to day wear in the Army, but also of great wear during the summer months when on exercise. This boot has all the features of the previous, plus a Goretex waterproof lining. This means for the rainy days that Spring and Autumn provide, you can always guarantee that your feet will remain dry

Aesthetically the boot looks great, Altberg always have a habit of doing this. In some ways the boot looks quite similar to some of the Lowa combat boots designs, solid leather body with only stitching between. There is a quite high leather upper, so you have plenty of support around the lower leg. The leather is of a very good quality, and is soft and hard in all the right places making it exceedingly comfortable. The lacing system also works well and is very easy to tie up when in a hurry. The bottom of the shoe has a Vibram sole, which is great for a couple of reasons:
1) Proven time and time again to be a superior quality sole that has high durability and provides excellent grip.
2) When the sole finally wears out, you can take it to most shoe repairers and get a new sole replacement

A few people will advise against this boot for a very understandable reason; the goretex lining of the boot provides an extra layer and makes your feel very warm. The waterproof lining may also act against you at some points, as if water spills over the top and into your boot it is very difficult to get it to dry quickly, something that doesn't happen with the simple Altberg Sneeker, but I feel these are risks I am willing to make when I know that no matter what puddle I step in, my feet will not get wet.

A point I would like to make is make sure you get the right sized boot. It may well be worth getting next size up. I bought the same size as I am in normal shoes and it is a very tight fit, especially with thick woolen socks.

So overall, if you are looking for a boot that will perform well in most seasons, provide complete waterproofing to your feet, and be a boot that will last you may years in to the future, then this is the boot to buy.
on 2 September 2014
I didn't buy my boots from Amazon, i got them fitted direct from the factory but they are so good, i felt the need to write a review. To put no finer point on it, i have nightmare feet. Non of the issue boots i have been given have ever fit me properly, in fact they cripple me. So i decided to get a pair of Altbergs on a recommendation. I wear a shoe size 8 and have very wide feet and narrow heels. I went to the factory in Yorkshire and the helpful staff there fitted me out and said i would need the regular width and a size 9.......so bear this in mind if you are buying online. My tip, get a size larger than you normally wear, this allows for swelling feet and thick socks.

So the boots themselves, they are epically well made, and i NEVER needed to break them in. They literally felt like slippers from the first wear and have NEVER given me blisters, rubbed or pinched. Ive worn them from every day use to tabbing miles over Dartmoor and the Brecons and they've never missed a beat. Ive walked through rivers and as long as the water doesn't go over the top, your feet stay bone dry.....and once removed, they dry surprisingly quickly. The leather is ridiculously supple, and even though I've had mine for 6 years, they still look new! And they're still on the same soles too!

They're pretty light underfoot too, I've had Matterhorns in the past and they always felt heavy and clumpy, Altberg Sneeker Aqua's don't.

The only criticism is that your feet get pretty hot if you wear them in the UK Summer. It doesn't cause any dramas other than slightly damp socks. This is obviously because they're gore tex lined and in the Summer, i just wear thin socks, problem solved!

Another top tip, invest in a pair of super feet green insoles. They're £30 a pair but again, I've had mine since 2008 and have literally JUST ordered a new pair, as well, they smell a bit so i thought i'd treat my feet to a new set of insoles!

ALL IN ALL, IF YOU ARE MILITARY AND DONT LIKE ISSUE BOOTS........BUY A PAIR, YOU WONT REGRET IT!
on 29 July 2013
I have had these for two years now and they are by far the best boot I have ever had.

I wear these boots all year round. I know a number of people who will wear water proof boots in the winter and norms in the summer but these Aqua's are perfect for all year round and I don't find even in the heat we are having in England at the moment that they are a problem.

My only advice is. Get your self fitted for the size before you buy of the internet just to be sure but completely worth the buy.
on 8 February 2016
I didn't buy my boots from Amazon..I got direct from Altberg ..they are awesome. .fit like perfect if you get a half size bigger which they recommend. Also Altberg give 7.5 discount direct from them ..and arrive in 48 hours ..
on 12 January 2012
amazing boots, very comfortable and perfect for what i need them for, the package arrived alot earlier than expected, very happy overall..
on 9 September 2014
Great boots as expected had altberg before.