5.0 out of 5 stars Temperature
I first saw this model at a friends house and although I loved the cup of coffee she made me I felt it could have been a bit hotter. Decided to buy one anyway and if you follow the instructions to the letter you will get a very hot cup of coffee. You must run some water through first before you put the pod in the machine, to warm up the pipes and it helps if you put your...
Published on 16 Jan 2010 by Mrs. K. B. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Milk frother is hopeless
A month after the original review on the citiz frother my Aerocinno Plus stopped frothing altogether as did the frother from the Citiz shortly afterwards. Both hopeless. Back to using the handheld aerolatte.......100% RELIABLE!!

Published on 8 Feb 2011 by Islander

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Milk frother is hopeless, 8 Feb 2011

Makes good enough cofee, but the frother that comes with the machine does not work well at all. I already use a silver Aeroccinno plus milk frother which works perfectly. Put the 2 frothers together side by side, using the same milk, and the frother that comes with the Citiz is hopeless, whilst the aeroccino plus bought independently works like a dream. Dont buy the set!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - replaced a Delonghi Lattissima, 15 Dec 2009
I have had a manual magimix nespresso for a few years but decided to upgrade to something more automatic. I originally went for the De'Longhi Nespresso EN670 Fully Automatic Machine (Black) but though a good machine it just couldnt produce hot enough milk so its been returned.

This machine is much better in terms of heating the milk its far less faffing around.

The one downside is its a little fiddly to clean the milk heater, hence the loss of one star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-term review, 9 Aug 2013
I bought this product back in May 2011, over 2-years ago. I use it most weekends and some week days and use it primarily for cappuccino, although my partner does make the occasional americano.

It produces consistently excellent coffee, has proven to be extremely reliable and is working as well today as it did on day one. I bought a Nespresso de-scaling kit which I've used once, which has been enough to keep it healthy.

This is a great looking addition to any kitchen. It replaced a dedicated, manual espresso machine and while I did enjoy the manual approach and convincing myself I am a barista, the convenience of this machine is by far the better option and doesn't come with any sacrifice in quality.

I have learned a useful tip though - run a short hot water through it first. This not only flushes through any leftovers from the previous go, but it ensures your coffee comes out really very hot (too hot for me to drink at first). The temperature is often the main complaint about machines like this, but this one has proven excellent and running a short hot water through first really helps improve that fact.

So given the fact I'm writing this so far after buying, you can be sure you're getting a reliable, high-quality Nespresso machine that produces excellent results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee, shame about the temperature, 8 Mar 2012
Eleanor Davis - See all my reviews
It makes a great coffee and I love the range of coffees available but the big gripe is the heater.

I turn my machine on well before I need it, run water through the pipes first and put boiling water from the kettle into the cups first but the milk is still luke warm. I clean the milk warmer pot thoroughly too so there is no burnt milm patch, although it's very fiddly to do that. A burn patch always appears next to the knob for the frother, even after heating just one lot of milk. I now froth the milk in the milk warmer first as it makes it a nicer consistency (creamy almost) then transfer it to a milk pan to heat it properly.

I'd recommend the coffee maker but would advise against spending the extra money for the heater unless you like cool coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee great, frother keeps breaking !, 22 Sep 2011
Really love the coffee part but we are now on our 3rd frother. we bought our machine in Abu Dhabi from the licensed distributor and they have been excellent and replaced the frother each time but there is clearly a design fault with it:
- after about a month the milk just doesn't hot up and the light flashes.
- there is scorching on the bottom which is impossible to clean.

As I said Perfetto, the distributors have been excellent but there is a problem with the frother!!

4.0 out of 5 stars EASY COFFEE, 11 Aug 2010
THE NESPRESSO MACHINE WORKS VERY WELL. WE PREFER LATTES AND CAPPUCINOS AND THE MILK FROTHER WORKS VERY WELL FOR THIS. THE COFFEES ARE VERY GOOD.MY ONLY GRIPE IS THAT THE CAPSULES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM NESPRESSO THEMSELVES DIRECTLY. THIS MEANS THEY CONTROL THE PRICE AND AT AROUND 29P EACH I THINK THEY ARE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE. IF THEY GAVE BIGGER DISCOUNTS FOR BULK ORDERS THAT WOULD HELP.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic little coffee machine!, 26 July 2014
John S - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 - Cream (Kitchen & Home)
I love coffee, and I have used bean to cup machines, other pod machines, espresso machines etc, and I have to say, this is a winner!

If you're wondering whether to get this or a Tassimo or a Dolce Gusto, by all means get this. The espresso from the Tassimo just tastes awful - it is more like an espresso blend rather than a 'genuine' espresso. This machine right here brews a genuine espresso, the same as what you can get in coffee shops! In fact, in my honest opinion it beats what some coffee shops call coffee!

The milk frother is fantastic as well and easy to clean. It is automatic so it stops when it is at the correct temperature, and you get fantastic foam. I am really surprised. I have seen people say that it is hard to clean the milk frother, so here is how I do it:

1 - Empty any excess milk etc
2 - Just rinse it out to get rid of as much milk left over as you can
3 - Fill it up about half way with cold water
4 - Close the lid and shake it carefully for about 10 seconds - very important step
5 - Empty the water, and done! It should be clean now.

Literally less than 20 seconds to clean! The trick is to fill it up with water, put the lid on and shake it as it gets rid of the stubborn milk stuck on the sides etc. You have to remember to clean it straight after using it.

The machine looks superb and isn't too big. It just uses 1 cable to supply power to both the machine and the milk frother.

The latte and cappucinos it makes are just amazing! I haven't tasted better beverages in coffee shops, and now I get them at home.

It isn't noisy too. Okay, it does make noise, but it won't wake people up or anything like that. The first second can be quite noisy but once it starts pushing water through the pod it is nearly silent.

I love the fact that the pods just go in a dump box automatically and I would say you don't have to empty this until there are about 10 pods in there. It is great because I found with Dolce Gusto where you have to throw away the pods straight after using them they leak whilst walking up to the bin! With this machine, just take the tray and chuck them all into the bin (don't forget that you should recycle them!)

You do get a starter pack to try some very good coffee. I recommend Cosi and Volluto for lattes and cappucinos because they're not too strong and give a wonderful flavour.

The 3 year warranty just tells me that the manufacturer has some faith in this machine so you can expect that this will make you coffee for at least another 3 years from purchase! What an investment. Think about how much you will save from coffee shops. Each pod costs roughly about 29p from nespresso (you need to buy from them directly) so they're a lot cheaper than coffee shops. You can get compatible pods as well if you want to save some more money.

Why did I go to a pod machine? You don't have to worry about coffee grounds going all over the place, making a mess etc. It's very tidy.

So why only 4 stars? You can't get these pods in supermarkets which is a huge shame. Hopefully they will start doing it, but I don't think they will.

Overall, this machine is great. If you're a latte / cappucino lover like me, you're in for a treat! You have to remember that other pod machines use powdered milk etc and it ruins the taste. This is a genuine coffee machine which produces the same coffee as what you would expect from your coffee shop. Get it for yourself, get it for your relatives or friends as a present... It is such a good little machine which has really surprised me!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great substitute for real Italian coffee, 10 Aug 2010
This great little machine was recommended to us by friends and they were spot on. Having just returned from living in Italy for 3 years we wanted a machine that could produce a decent cappuccino or espresso without the fuss of grinding the beans or huge amounts of cleaning.
The Magimix meets our needs very well and Nespresso provide a great range of pods to suit all tastes. I'd say the espresso is as good as the worst I've had in an Italian coffee bar (that's a compliment as I've never had a bad one).
I'll need to practice more on the cappuccinos to get them perfect but the milk frother is an excellent addition and much easier than trying to do it yourself.
Our neighbours in Italy bought a machine that was a domestic version of those used in bars for more than 2,000 euros but there's no way that type of investment is worthwhile when you can get the Magimix for less than 200 pounds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - broke after 3 years, 12 Mar 2014
To be fair the coffee was consistently great, as good as anything from major high street chains, but the machine has broken down after just 3 years. It has been treated very gently and usage was on the light side at 12 cups a week on average. Even though it probably paid for itself I think a 200 quid machine should last longer. Repair would cost 70 pounds flat rate with 6 month guarantee I believe, not bad but I'm still annoyed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Long term disappointment, 25 Jan 2012
I bought this machine to end the need to ever consider buying any other machine due to the splendid reviews from other users and the press (Nov 11). I've had this Nespresso Machine for 13 months and have found it no better than other capsule machines I've now experienced through family & friends, in terms of the quality and taste of the cup of coffee it produces. If this is the company/machine of choice you need to consider:

Capsules can only be mail ordered direct from Nespresso or limited select retail outlets (Harrods, Selfridges!) not a supermarket purchase. **This real is a pain if you could only top up on capsules for a supermarket chain**

Cost of your monthly order. For myself and partner this averages £60 a pop (200 capsules) I class this as low usage, will last over a month but my brother did spend £80.00 every month and has now abandoned his machine due to the costs.
On reflection the cost of machine (£160 - £240+ RRP Amazon is the cheapest), plus a years supply (onwards) will net you over two years an alternative proper dedicated `bells & whistles' stainless steel Italian coffee machine & milk warmer using ground coffee or beans.

The `Milk' warming unit after 4 months constantly burned the milk to the bottom surface and is hard to clean, doesn't heat the milk hot enough (personal choice) it's now abandoned, unused a waste of money, we now use the microwave instead! A stupid fitting/design built into the machine.

Other reviews did highlight customer services issues regarding damaged packaging on arrival not an issue with us so with my very first online order Nespresso took, then failed to take payment (didn't resubmit why?)at the time, then didn't notify me (even after placing further orders) until Dec 2011 a year later chasing payment(it's now paid)I find ridiculous.

Overall experience I'd recommend looking else where, cheaper capsule machines do the same job or my main advice is for long term use save up, get advice (bellabarista) and buy the real deal which if you look can be bought new for £600 - £1000.
We will struggle on but in future it will be replaced with a `Rocket Espresso'

Amazon service and delivery was excellent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›