5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great scooter
I love this scooter very much.

Published on 31 May 2012 by Daniel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
Worked great, until bits started dropping off after 2 weeks. After a couple of months it had become too battered to ride safely, the rear wheel had come loose and out of alignment. I was only riding about 3 miles a day on my commute, certainly not a lot. Complained to the company and received a full refund, but wouldn't buy another one.
Published on 9 Jan. 2013 by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great scooter, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I love this scooter very much.

The black design is very stylish (compared to the Razor A5)so there's no shame in riding it on high roads like I do. The deck is really big as it fits my size 10 Nike trainers which are quite chunky. If I wore converses for example, I would have a lot more room. When going into stores, it's really simple to pop the whole thing in half and strap it on your shoulder. I do this all the time and it's so much fun doing this. Pop it right back up again and be on your way.

The performance of the Swain scooter is impressive. On certain pavements, I only need to kick once and I'm literally near the end of the road. These pavements are usually bumpy which are great to ride on because the momentum from going down helps this. On flat surfaces, the Swain is still quite fast, but I need to kick about 4-5 times to rest a bit. Maybe this is a negative, I'm not experienced enough to say if it is or not so I'll leave that open for you guys. Going down hill however is so much fun. It's steady, fast and you don't need to kick for a long time.

I brought this scooter because I'm tired of spending 20 minutes walking to the while on the Swain, it could takes about 5-7 minutes for me. This thing is run fun to use and it's good to save time. For the price that you pay, and for the quality, I really would recommend this scooter. I take it when I'm going to the shops; carry small bags on it; when going for a quick ride.

Bad points on the scooter is that it can be loud. If other scooters don't do that, then that's definitely a bad point on it. Some reviews have said that it's not steady, but that's because they don't know how to secure the bar. I had that problem, tightened the bar and it was fine after. Another reviewer said the bar handle is too short. Well, it's a kick scooter for adults! It's not going to be neck/shoulder length like for kids. I'm 5'8 and the handle bar is just below my hip line and it suits me fine.

Before ending my review, the swain is tough, durable, stable and fast. It's a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great scooter, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I use the scooter once or twice a week to go 4 miles to the university (and then another 4 miles back again). I definitely have to be careful about the surface of the pavements, but on the whole this is an enjoyable exercise that saves me a little bit of time and quite a lot of money.

If travelling at night, bike lights can be put on the handle bar quite quickly. If the surface is even slightly sloped downwards, one doesn't have to work hard at all, but I'm not going to pretend that 4 miles on this are a piece of cake =o)

The fact that one can fold it is brilliant, although it has happened that the scooter was a bit stubborn about this. There is a brake, which I don't find very safe and so simply have to walk the scooter if there is a hill.

I fell in love with the scooter after using it for a week. I have been using it for a month and am still quite in love with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Kids & Adults, 6 Nov. 2011
Hi there all,

Well what can I say. I had this item for 2 days now and cant put it down. Been to the park with the kids and thier scooters so I can now join in with the fun. I`m not the lightest of adults lets just say the scooter is well built takes my weight (about 16st). My son Connor put his scooter dowan and likes mine. His is three wheels but hes that agile on this one I think it wont take him long to get the hang of it. The scooter is very well ballanced.

The back brake takes some getting used to but thats part of the learning curve I think. My balance was not all that but am getting back into the swing of things quite fast now. Its very fast with very little effort so watch out for those corners lol...

If any other adults out there want to join in with the kids the I think you cant go wrong. Only improvement i would say would be to have a proper brake on the front like on a bike. Apart from that its excellent... weeeeeee off we go again to the park lol....

4.0 out of 5 stars Execellent value, 24 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I have owned the original micro scooter since about 2000 which is when they first came out. Its a good few years later now and I have 3 children, 2 of which also love scootering and so I decided to invest in something a little larger for myself so that we can all go out and about.

I looked at the Razor A5 Lux model but couldnt get on with the pretty loud colour scheme (which is bright red). I also looked into the xoot line of scooters and the micro white and black models but these seem really quite expensive for what they are. I came across the Cox Swain model whilst browsing amazon and noticed the price to be around the £50 mark. The scooter is in my opinion comparable to the A5 and Micro models in just about every way and so I ordered one.

On arrival, the scooter had a slightly crushed handle bar tube which I had to drive a similar sized ratchet socket into in order to get the handle bar to fit. Not a problem for me as I do this kind of thing all the time but this might have caused a problem for someone who is not used to fixing this kind of thing.

Apart from that, the scooter was as described and looked great. It is not too heavy and feels sturdy and secure when riding both at walking speed and at pace. The bearings which are fitted to the scooter as standard are generic abec7 which should be fine for most people, however I have upgraded these to some Bones Reds which have really helped the scooter to roll alot further and with less effort. I have also dismantled the scooter and re-greased everyting myself (as Im a bit fussy like that and like to know that its been done properly).

Overall, the thing is great and easily handles small curbs, cracks, and bumps in the pavement. The thing is VERY fast when pushed hard and the breaking mechanism can take a while to bite when stopping from speed but overall I am very impressed with this scooter and highly recommend it to those looking for something a little more mature than your typical skate scooter. I dont think this thing would be suitable for stunts or extreme scooting as it is simply too heavy for that kind of thing, but if you are looking for a smooth riding cruiser on a budget, then this is the scooter for you.

The only other thing I am going to do is remove and replace the stanard grip tape with something all black and of slightly better quality as the standard tape doesnt cover the entire deck and this is something I am used to and prefer on other scooters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Upgrades, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I bought this scooter after reading the reviews posted here(many thanks to the chap who mentioned swapping the bearings for red bones much quicker,but not quick enough))
Its the second one i have rode now,the first being a Zinc SMX from Argos forty quid or so the wife tells me.
The Zinc has afar wider foot plate has a higher hand bar and breaks way better,however the Coxswain is far far superior in its build quality and aspects of its design nuke the zinc.
The coxswain has a groove through which the colapsing mechanism travels and a front stand,the grips are of better quality,as are all the components used to make it in my opinion.
I am really pleased with it well worth the money.
Now a request

Can i upgrade it ?

Im 41 dont care if it looks cool i want more perfomance,the red bones bearings have helped but i want more speed and it would be really nice to stop quicker maybe alayer of rubber under the back brake also the foot plate could be wider.

Overall very good fun,arrived in 4 days good quality and a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems as a 100kg user, 21 May 2014
Ed Meister (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I'm 6ft and 90+ Kgs, been using this item now for a very long time either to nip to the shops or out with my kids on their scooters. A very sturdy build, useful kick stand (unline the one on a Micro Scooter). Big wheels and comfortable grips, I do prefer to keep the bearings well lubed with Silicone spray (Never use WD40!). The rear brake, like on any scooter is not an awful lot of use, especially in damp conditions.

Unit folds down and I've taken it away a few times with no problems. Very good product for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scooter for city life, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I just recieved my scooter and I must say it was very quick to arrive.The price was ok ,but it was the cheapest I could find.The scooter is very fast and can be a bit hard to use at first ,but its great to use around London.I bought the scooter to help me with getting fitter and to tone my legs.Trust me it has already made me feel how good of a work out it is.

The great things about the scooter are:

It has a great design, the wheels are very big and work great on pavements and bumps in the road,it is user friendly and folds up good & it is super fast.

The only bad things I would say is the scooter,for a women it is a little bit on the heavy side.It can be a little to much if you were to bring it on the tube .Also The strap that you get to carry it is a great idea, however it could be a bit stronger and longer.Its a bit short and kinda flimsy for the weight of the scooter.

But in all it is a great scooter,it is my first and hopefully it will last me a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large Wheel Scooter, 28 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
The scooter arrived within a week of ordering which considering it came from Germany was very good. It was ordered for the larger wheels which are great over small bumps etc. where the small wheel scooters can tip the rider off. It's well contrsucted and has an easy folding mechanism. It is suitable for 8 YO upwards to adult - I cannot fault it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I bought this for my partner to scoot round London, he loves it. I'm so glad I bought it. The only tiny little problem and its nothing to complain about is there's bubbles in the foot plate other than that it's excellent!! So pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the right one, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition (Misc.)
I've been looking for a way how to save my walking time and i just found the right one. It cut my walking time by half. At first it was a bit awkward to ride it but im getting used to it everyday. Quite fast on a slope. Sturdy metal frame. Big wheels. A little bit noisy on the pavement (bricks), quiet run on smooth surface. Some might have an issue with the height of the hande bars, but it can be adjusted according to the manual. Haven't tried it though.
Overall, excellent product. Will recommend to friends and family.

Cox Swain Scooter Super Size - 200mm Black Edition