Colour: Multicoloured|Change

on 13 June 2012
I'm a keen sketcher and get through pencils and rubbers like there's no tomorrow. This little set is perfect for all your artistic needs. It comes with a set of h/b pencils. Along with a set of charcoal pencils. Including a woodless pencil which i personally find really good to use for rough outlines etc. It also comes with a two sketching charcoal sets, a double sharpener a standard eraser and a kneaded eraser (A putty eraser). For the amount you get the price is amazingly good. I definitely recommend this little set for anyone to a beginning artist to skilled professional.
on 24 November 2011
As a whole, I am very pleased with this product, all the pencils and equipment were in good shape and quality, ready to be drawn with! The product arrived very quickly, within days of ordering - considering sometimes when i order something it can take up to a week! VERY PLEASE! I can now get on with my drawings :D
on 18 February 2011
THE PENCILS ARE GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE PAID WHEN YOU LOOK ON THE HIGH STREET AND SEE THE PRICES OF THIS SORT OF PENCIL YOU CAN SEE THE VAST DIFFERENCE IN PRICE THE QUALITY IS GOOD ALSO.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 January 2015
For the price this little set is great. My wife wanted to get back into sketching.
This set provides a great starting point:

8 pencils ranging from 4H (hard for light sketching) to 6B (soft for blending etc)
3 sketching sticks
3 Charcoal sticks
3 Charcoal Pencils
1 Graphite pencil
2 erasers & a sharpener.

Art materials can be expensive and what I particularly liked was that this set has a sampling of different sketching materials. Once she has decided which format she likes the most (charcoal, pencil etc) then I can get a set with those materials.

I brought this with the Derwent Canvas pencil wrap and it all looks very professional. I might have even earned some good behaviour points!
on 9 September 2012
I purchased a set of these for myself and my wife and we both felt that these were excellent value. We are not professional so cannot compare these to high-end products, but at under a fiver what can you expect?
on 28 August 2012
I was recently given a list of equipment i need for my first year at university on an art and design course and this little set contained nearly half the list! and a few bonuses like the different hardnesses of charcoal and graphite. I decided to buy it because of this but wasn't expecting much from the quality as it is so cheap, however i think the pencils are just as nice to use as any of the Derwent tinned sets. The pencils sharpen nicely too, as the wood doesn't flake off like it does with some cheaper pencils.
The rubber isn't the best i have ever used but it does the job.
I read another review saying they didn't like how their hands got dirty from the charcoal, but those who regularly use this media understand that this is just it's nature. I think it is best to use the sticks of charcoal as opposed to these pencils, however using the pencils avoids much of the mess and you can also get more precise lines as they are easier to sharpen.
The delivery was the fastest i have every experienced from Amazon. Very happy!
My only complaint would be that i wish it came in a little tin or canvas roll to make it everything you need in one buy.

I would really recommend this set to everyone, except those who don't like getting a little messy and stuck in! perhaps you should stick to biro or the pencils. I think this is a must have for all art students and those who create works of art in their free time. Really impressed.
on 8 March 2016
After reading the reviews for this set, I decided to purchase. I assume that for the price it would lack quality, but I was wrong! The set is of a great quality with the ability to create different marks, tone and texture - ideal for myself (I am currently taking GCSE art). The set of pencils are brilliant, and vary in hardness and blackness which is great. The sharper is good as are the smaller sticks and the erasers. The charcoal pencils are good with the exception of the soft charcoal pencil which crumbles and won't sharpen so I'm unable to use it. The graphite pencil is my favourite thing in the kit as it is effortless to use and creates a massive variation in intensity. I would not hesitate to buy!
review image review image
on 10 February 2013
i was really pleased with the delivery as it came on time.The product was really good quality especially for its price.I really like the lead pencil and the graphite pencil,I've used some Faber- Castell graphite pencil and there is little difference in the quality.The only criticism is that the kneed-able rubber doesn't work at all ,if your looking forward to the kneed-able rubber i would recommend buying a separate one also the charcoal pencil seem to break awfully a lot when sharpened but i found out that happens to a lot of charcoal pencil.
Overall i'm pleased with the product and i'd be buying it again.if your an artist who's just getting started who hasn't got that much experience or a young artist then i'd recommend this as a start up.
VINE VOICEon 27 October 2015
Fantastic range of pencils, Charcoal pencils and a woodless graphite pencil too. The little sketch pad is great for popping in your pocket. The paper is not terribly thick but for a wee sketch pad its perfect and for the price you can't complain.
on 14 November 2011
I was very pleased with this product, it came on time, was packaged perfectly and was everything the description said it was