5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for budding artists
Published on 13 Jun. 2012 by ZebraReviews

Published 6 months ago by Jenny Mackenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for budding artists, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I'm a keen sketcher and get through pencils and rubbers like there's no tomorrow. This little set is perfect for all your artistic needs. It comes with a set of h/b pencils. Along with a set of charcoal pencils. Including a woodless pencil which i personally find really good to use for rough outlines etc. It also comes with a two sketching charcoal sets, a double sharpener a standard eraser and a kneaded eraser (A putty eraser). For the amount you get the price is amazingly good. I definitely recommend this little set for anyone to a beginning artist to skilled professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall very happy, 24 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
As a whole, I am very pleased with this product, all the pencils and equipment were in good shape and quality, ready to be drawn with! The product arrived very quickly, within days of ordering - considering sometimes when i order something it can take up to a week! VERY PLEASE! I can now get on with my drawings :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little set, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I was recently given a list of equipment i need for my first year at university on an art and design course and this little set contained nearly half the list! and a few bonuses like the different hardnesses of charcoal and graphite. I decided to buy it because of this but wasn't expecting much from the quality as it is so cheap, however i think the pencils are just as nice to use as any of the Derwent tinned sets. The pencils sharpen nicely too, as the wood doesn't flake off like it does with some cheaper pencils.
The rubber isn't the best i have ever used but it does the job.
I read another review saying they didn't like how their hands got dirty from the charcoal, but those who regularly use this media understand that this is just it's nature. I think it is best to use the sticks of charcoal as opposed to these pencils, however using the pencils avoids much of the mess and you can also get more precise lines as they are easier to sharpen.
The delivery was the fastest i have every experienced from Amazon. Very happy!
My only complaint would be that i wish it came in a little tin or canvas roll to make it everything you need in one buy.

I would really recommend this set to everyone, except those who don't like getting a little messy and stuck in! perhaps you should stick to biro or the pencils. I think this is a must have for all art students and those who create works of art in their free time. Really impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY, 18 Feb. 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
THE PENCILS ARE GREAT VALUE FOR THE PRICE PAID WHEN YOU LOOK ON THE HIGH STREET AND SEE THE PRICES OF THIS SORT OF PENCIL YOU CAN SEE THE VAST DIFFERENCE IN PRICE THE QUALITY IS GOOD ALSO.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to a school-goer's pencil case; less useful to the artist!, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I have recently taken up sketching and water-colour painting as a hobby after a break of forty years!!! It's something I loved to do as a sixth-former, but have simply not had time since! So, I'm having to put together a basic kit of artist's materials from scratch - an expensive undertaking, even here on Amazon. Which all explains why I was tempted by the modest price of this seemingly comprehensive set. It is indeed fairly priced, but the quality of the contents is not great, and many are of very little use to the serious sketcher. Indeed, I question whether the grading of the pencils is accurate - even the 6B is very hard, and the compressed charcoal sticks even more so - almost impossible to use for free-hand work. This set would be useful in the pencil-case of schoolchildren - the pencil-sharpener and eraser are decent, and always needed; and my grandson is finding the hard, fine-pointed H-grade pencils ideal for geometry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I purchased a set of these for myself and my wife and we both felt that these were excellent value. We are not professional so cannot compare these to high-end products, but at under a fiver what can you expect?

5.0 out of 5 stars Art, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I was very pleased with this product, it came on time, was packaged perfectly and was everything the description said it was

4.0 out of 5 stars good product!, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
good for the money, only got 4 stars because the erasers are so small but other than that they work well enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
I bought this sketching set when I was filling out the various activities in Betty Edwards' 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain' book (I'm sure some of you are familiar with it!)

The pencils are much more durable and comfortable than the more rigid and cheaper ones, and the charcoal comes in handy for extra detail. Hopefully I'll put this kit to many hours of hard work when I have the time!

4.0 out of 5 stars :), 3 May 2013
This review is from: Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set (Home)
The pencils are amazing, and all different; exactly as described. The lead in them lasts for ages, and doesn't wear down quickly.
The only issue I had was with the rubber. It just smudged the pencil and ruined the paper. In regards to the rubber, I'd recommend purchasing a separate one from a shop - but the pencils are great.

Royal & Langnickel Sketching Pencil Set