on 26 February 2013
We've changed car recently and paid quite a lot for something newer but to my slight annoyance our new wheels have the old-style number plates, without the built-in GB emblem. We're going to France in August so I started to look for a cheap, removable GB plate as I didn't want to stick a permanent decal-style plate on the car's bodywork nor go through the hassle of buying new number plates with the GB logo on. This plate seems to fit the bill. It is quite big, but then they're meant to be a certain size, and it sticks nicely to the rear body of the car next to the number plate. It looks like the stick-on type so hopefully no-one will try to remove it and I expect it to last for a long time.
on 2 October 2012
Excellent value, promptly delivered. This plate stuck to the boot of my car with no problems during a trip through France and Spain. Of course, you must have a steel rear end to your car as the plate is magnetic. Some cars, such as the Citroen BX, have plastic rear panels, so check with a magnet before you buy.
on 28 June 2010
Much better than the stickers as you can pull it on and off at leisure.
on 18 August 2010
I ordered the magnetic GB car plate, which arrived the next day. The price was excellent and the plate stayed in place on the car for the past 3 weeks with no problems.

If I have any qualms about product - it is a tad ugly quite large and white - not as neat looking as the smaller plates available with a yellow GB on blue background, but those are more expensive and you get what you pay for.
on 17 May 2014
You know, I drove from Ouistreham in Normandy all the way south to Mont St Michel then down the Atlantic coast to Biarritz then into Spain where I enjoyed the wonderful Basque country then all along the northern coastline, taking-in Bilbao, Santander, Gijon, A Coruna, then into Santiago de Compostela (wonderful) then to Vigo and finally into Vianna do Castelo (Portugal) before heading home via Valladolid (Valladolid vs Real Madrid), then a place near to Burgos (site of final shoot-out in The Good,The Bad and the Ugly - fantastic!) then back up through France and grabbing the Brittany Ferry at Ouistreham again.

Do you know, I forgot to stick the damn GB sticker to the back of my van? I drove 5000 miles (including UK) and had no GB sticker. Haha. AND, at one point I had to communicate with some Spanish police officers (pleasant guys) and those dudes never picked-up on it !
I'm not suggesting you do the same, I'm just making the point.

There was only one instance where somebody 'had a go'. I was just outside of Gijon, filling-up with diesel, and this Spanish guy was rattling-on to me about my 'requirement' to have a sticker showing the little circle of Euro stars, and the name of my country beside it... I let him rattle-on then simply drove-off with a tank full of 'gasoleo'

Anyway, I hate being home and I'm looking forward to my next trip. I'll stick the sticker on next time.
on 5 August 2010
Great product didn't move a mm all the time it was on the car, survived rain thunder heat great product
on 11 May 2012
What can I say. This was advertised by showing an image of an AA product. The text also referenced the AA. BUT when the product arrived there was no AA packing, and no AA logo on the product, nothing to indicate that it is an AA product. But hey who cares. It was not expensive and it seems to work. After all it is only a piece of magnetic plastic. So overall its good value BUT why oh why is there no AA branding? - I'll leave it to you to decide?"AA Great Britain GB Magnetic Plate
on 22 September 2010
Great idea, but realised hours before leaving for ferry and Europe that the back of my car is not magnetic!!! Thus this was hopeless - and all sticky GB stickers were sold out in my locality! Great 'sticker' if your car is magnetic: check first.
on 14 February 2012
While planning a road trip to Belgium, we discovered that it was required by law to indicate GB on your vehicle. Looking online, we found this AA GB magnetic plate at a very reasonable price through an Amazon seller. The product arrived within 2 days and is exactly what we needed.
on 23 May 2011
I was attracted to the product by the great price, even more so because the plate is an official AA accessory. The item was well packaged and delivered swiftly. The plate sticks well to the car so all in all really satisified.