Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 June 2010
Like many other Mike Oldfield fans I have waited a long time for this release.I shall never forget the disappointment of hearing the remixed version of Hergest Ridge in the "Boxed" set of LP'S. Since the release of the remix on CD, and the poor condition of my original vinyl, I have had to buy a good quality "original" LP from ebay and transfer it to minidisc (remember them?)
This release of the original version is excellent, and I haven't even played the 2010 remix yet.The presentation and packaging of this set is just super.Thanks Mike, a real treasure!
on 7 August 2010
I have just added Hergest Ridge to my collection of Mike Oldfield Cd's, and am delighted. As ever, delivery from Amazon was fast, and the product arrived in perfect condition.
on 19 September 2014
cd to replace vinyl - excellent
on 13 February 2016
amazing stero and 5.1 mixes
on 6 June 2010
A pre curser to all things hip hop along with touches of the new life movement Hergest Ridge comes again like the glider on the sleeve (incidentally this is NOT the ariel view of said place but infact two miles south!! - apparently all repressings will show correct image).
Mick's music really shows through the bell work of his first lp. Let's hear more remixes Mick!!

Can't wait to see the live performance of Ommadawn later in the year as well!

Go buy the Platinum Deluxe Edition as well!
Great sound, great deluxe edition. 1974 original mix, 2010 stereo and 5.1 remix, In dulci jubilo original b'side version... A must buy for Oldifield fans and music lovers.
on 15 January 2016
Great album
on 24 December 2012
Again, I bought this set to replace a worn vinyl, but it has been ruined by a hopeless remix, so it is now just a repetitive noise. Luckily I still have the vinyl
on 19 July 2010
We sent for Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn becaue of the special DVD content. We feel totally let down as the DVD is a set of 6 still pictures in sequence repeated over and over again. A total swizz.
on 23 May 2010
The reviews are talking about the first time Hergest on cd but i have bought the cd in 1984 so tell me ?
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse