5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy toaster
Published on 4 Jan 2011 by A. Long

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting a Dualit
Published on 10 Feb 2011 by Beardwugger

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting a Dualit, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18140 4-Slice Compact Toaster (Kitchen & Home)
We bought this toaster at the end of October 2010. When first used, the right hand lever had to be pressed very firmly and repeatedly to make stay down. At the Beginning of February, the right hand lever stopped latching down. I contacted contacted Russell Hobbs customer service via thier email facility several days ago but have had no reply. Now the timer has failed on the half of the toaster that still worked, so we get burnt toast. I used to believe that Russell Hobbs made sturdy reliable product. Not anymore. this product is flimsy and unreliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy toaster, 4 Jan 2011
A. Long (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
Wanted a grown up looking toaster for my house as I was previously using a 5 one I'd had for 7 years since I was a student. Not only can me and my other half toast what we want at the same time, but it's even! The settings are about right for what you'd estimate for 'brown-ness'. I'm happy with this :). I think another reviewer may have written there's no cancel button - there is, it looks like 'eject' would on a dvd plaer.
WARNING: it is big (but oh so pretty) and takes up a lot of work space, but if you have it to spare, or a cupboard to keep it in if you don't toast often this may not be an issue.

2.0 out of 5 stars houswife, 18 April 2011
A. Nugent (uk) - See all my reviews
Looks ok. Not a bad price. However as a toaster I do not rate it. The bread usually ends up charred on the edges and ok in the middle. I miss the facility of lifting the toast out with the lever....sticking a knife in to get a teacake out is not a good idea. Overall disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Russell hobbs toaster, 28 Feb 2011
very slow in toasting and controls are not to be believed.
5 sets of the smoke alarm as burns the toast
4 very brown toast
3 very brown toast
2 brown toast
1brown toast their is no control for nearly done toast

Bagels are over done
I dont really recommend this

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 3 months only, 7 Jan 2011
Geoff (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
It was working fine for the first 3 months but then the heating elements on one side of both of the two right hand slots just stopped working one day. Two of my 4 crumpets were only half done. Perhaps it was just unlucky, but there are much cheaper toasters that last for years with no problem whatsoever. Good that it happened inside of the 1 year guarantee period as covered by Tesco as I will just get a refund and buy a none russell hobbs toaster next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective toaster - lasted less than a handful of uses., 7 Jan 2011
We bought this toaster as we needed 4 toast at a time in the morning run, I thought the brand was a well known one and expected the item to be good, the price was discounted so it came as a "good buy" but I soon greeted it goodbye. I used it 3-4 times maximum after which the toaster would send out sparkles and trigger our RCD unit leaving us without electricity in a part of the house linked to the socket in which the appliance was plugged in. A real disappointment. During the short time it worked the toaster was toasting evenly both sides and relativly quickly, however, this appliance is very bulky and its odd shape makes it very intrusive - it took a good part of the worktop and was unsightly. Amazon return prepaid label via DHL made the return very easy as they collected the item the day after I processed the request for refund. I am still waiting for the refund which could take 3-4 wks. I definetely do not recommend this product - sparks coming out of an electric appliance are scaringly dangerous.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 5 Aug 2011
Should have listened to previous reviewers. Some of the elements never heated, and those that did, heated unevenly. Mess of burnt toast and hard bread per slice. Returned this product as "faulty"!

1.0 out of 5 stars What ever happened to Quality Control?, 2 Aug 2011
Product arrives - product is unwrapped - product is plugged in - product fails to work properly!!
Only one side in each of the 4 slots on this Russell Hobbs toaster actually heat up - so I can have only one side of my bread toasted........ What ever happened to quality control checks and ensuring it does what is says on the can........??

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 14 months!!!!, 7 Feb 2012
We bought one of these toasters in September 2010 as it was "reduced" in price and thought it must be a good quality piece of kit for the supposed proper price.WRONG.
It was never wonderful in that it wont take the taller slices of bread and it never toasted that evenly. It also took ages to toast the bread as well.I couldnt be bothered to send it back though as it was "OK"
After 14 months use the right hand side lever wont stay locked down and only the 2 outer elements are working-similar to other stories from other reviewers.
Russell Hobbs appliances used to be good quality but after another poor experience with one of their kettles this is obviously not the case anymore. Time for me to avoid their products now I think!!

1.0 out of 5 stars If only you could give no stars, 7 Jan 2012
I am so reluctant to even give this toaster one star. You cannot get an evenly toasted slice of bread out of it, the toast mostly comes out dark on one side, hardly cooked on the other. It says it has a special setting for bagels so it would be nice if once toasted you could get the bagels out of the toaster. There is no pop up function and it is even difficult to get a normal slice of bread out. You have several options pop the lever up so hard your toast ends up across the room, burn your fingers, electrocute yourself or my personal favourite - throw the toaster out of the window.

ARRAY(0xb51df678)