on 17 November 2010
I ordered and received my bear paw boots this week and after reading all the previous comments with regards to sizing I decided to still go ahead and order a size uk 4 which I usually take and they fit me perfectly! Just make sure you order in the uk size and not US as is indicated on some other footwear items!
Lovely boots - actually bought them to wear as slippers at home now it has got cold again and I am typing this with cosy warm feet!
on 9 December 2010
Boots arrived today they are lovely. I'm a size 6 uk and ordered a uk 6 and they are a perfect fit. They are soft inside but sturdy outer. Wasn't sure from the written info if they were real sheepskin but they are. Just looking to order another colour. Thanks Amazon for a great item.
on 23 January 2011
I bought these boots just after Christmas, as my trusty old ones were really ready for the bin! As a big fan of warm, comfortable things, I wanted a pair of boots that were warm, comfortable, practical, and at the right price. I'd thought about Uggs, but couldn't justify the cost of them, and I don't care too much about people looking at the label on the back of my boots and thinking "oooo she has Uggs".

So I decided on these boots, in the Loden (or green) colour. I was very impressed from the moment I opened the box. The colour is much more vibrant than the photos on Amazon show, and they feel very sturdy. I ordered a size 6 (usually I'm between a 5 and a 6), and this is a comfortable fit. At first the boots do feel a little tight around the foot, but I think this is because they need to be worn a few times to adjust to your feet. The inner of the boot is lined with a thick fur like material, which makes the boots not only comfortable, but extremely warm. They will definitely be good in the Winter, to keep those toes toasty! The boots are comfy to walk around in, and your feet don't move around too much in them, which makes them feel much more snug.

The only slight niggle I did have at first is that they are a little tight around the calf (I'm not the slimmest person in the world, but I'm not huge!) However, as mentioned before with the boots being tight around the foot, after a few wears the top of the boot loosens slightly and now they are very comfy.

If you are looking for some good quality, winter boots at a fraction of the cost of Uggs (and that look and feel pretty much identical), these are an absolute must. Fantastic value, and I wear them most days at some point - even for work! One of the best buys I have had in a long time!
on 9 October 2011
I am a big fan of EMU's 'Stinger-Hi' boots, however I wanted a pair of chocolate boots this year and trying to be more frugal and noting EMU are currently selling their chocolate Stingers for approx £90+, decided to try Bearpaw.

They arrived quickly and I am so far delighted with them. I am a size 4 and bought a 4 which fits snuggly with socks but comfortably. I know that after a few wears the suede/sheepskin will 'give'. I would recommend that if you are a 1/2 size to go up to the next full size, however if you are a full size, go with that.

I would point out that these boots fit quite snuggly around the calf, making them ideal for those with slimmer calves to wear with a skirt or skinny jeans/leggings etc. I don't think that I will be able to turn down the boot to have a cuff due to them being so snug but I won't find this a problem, however others may like to consider this.

The inside of the foot and half way up the boot is definitely sheepskin but I think that the rest of the lining is faux fur due to the soft teddy bear feel. I suspect that this cuts down the overall cost and the sheepskin is where you need it to be to 'wick away' any moisture.

They are good quality and very attractive boots. Time will tell as to their longevity but at the price that these are currently being sold for, they are definitely worth a try in these 'tighter times'.
on 5 March 2011
I bought these boots based on the great reviews just before Christmas as a cheap sheepskin option to alternate with my expensive ones.
Initially, I was delighted. They are real sheepskin (nowhere near as thick as Uggs, but thick enpugh to be warm and comfy) and warm. Although they felt tight the first time I tried them on they stretched within an hour or so to be very comfortable and I was delighted.
Fast forward.....
I have worn them onced or twice a week since then and already, in just over two months, the heel has started to collapse. I am really disappointed as I had so hoped I had found a cheap alternative to uggs. Instead it seems to have been a costly mistake as they will now be binned shorly. My Uggs are still as good as new and they have been worn quite alot more and are older. Admittedly they are a different style but can it really be that much more expensive to insert a stiffer, more supportive heel reinforcement?
It seems that where sheepskin boots are concerned,the old adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' (or three or four times) rings true. I'll chalk this down to experience and wear them as slippers.
Back to the drawing board....
on 13 December 2010
Sadly I think the boots I received were seconds as one had a lot of scarring -jagged lines almost like cuts in the suede - a very long one over the top of the foot and lots up the sides plus a small bald patch on the top of the foot. Unfortunately I did not notice this until I looked closely as I was applying protector spray & by then my daughter had already worn them outside to show her friends.
I would advise you to check your boots carefully.
I have given 2 stars because of this.
Having said that I purchased the previous model of these boots 18 months ago & they were perfect. The sheepskin is still thick up the sides & they still stand upright on their own despite being worn a lot. When the sheepskin under foot flattened I put in new emu insoles purchased from Australia (online) which fit perfectly and have a raised instep for comfort.
Hope your boots are better quality than mine!
on 8 January 2011
Received these boots a few days ago, and they are really beyond expectations. The quality is excellent, lovely thick suede, thick sheepskin lining right through to the toes, and a good rubber type sole, and the price is fantastic! Wore them out yesterday and my feet stayed very warm. I am not a 'brand' person so won't pay the high prices of Ugg boots, and don't like the high street Ugg lookalikes as the sole is hard and unpliable, and they are synthetic materials. Wondered what size to order as I like to wear socks. Read the other reviews and went for the majority of people saying get your usual size, which I did and they fit perfectly. I am a size 4 and that is what I ordered. Gorgeous fit with bare feet (put them on in the house when they arrived and my feet were very comfortable and warm as toast), but I can still put thin socks on, although slightly snugger, but over time the sheepskin will probably flatten a bit. I do have slim legs and can get them on/off easily. As usual I spray all my boots and shoes with shoe protector to keep them clean and waterproof. Went out in them out for the first time yesterday. They were lovely and warm and very comfortable. Thank you Bearpaw and Amazon!!
on 7 January 2013
Disappointed because I had purchased these instead of Uggs which I have had before. I know there is a difference in price but the quality and fit is not as good. There is a lot less fur inside, and therefore the fit inside the boot is a lot looser, both inside the foot area and the leg area. A size smaller would have been too small.
I have kept them because I wore them before I realised how loose they were when worn.
on 15 December 2010
my boots came and i love them!very happy with them.im a size 3 or a 4 depending on the shoe and brand, but ordered the uk 4 and they fit fine.been wearing them around the house without socks.they are warm and comfy.wasnt sure by at the time of ordering if they was sheepskin, but they are, and well worth the money.i had a long debate on whether to order ugg, emu, and then seen these at a cut of the price, they are so worth it.same features as emu and ugg. wished i had purchased 2 pairs now, but they havent my size in stock anymore.will consider bearpaw in the future, defo!! :)
on 13 December 2011
Having read on the Bearpaw website that the boots come up small in size, I opted to buy a size 8 instead of my usual 7's. I ordered some chestnut ones from TKMaxx for £34.99 (sorry Amazon!) and opened the box with great excitement. The boots looked very nice (much the same as any other "Ugg" type boot) and they had a good, thick sheepskin lining. I tried them on and the fit was ok, HOWEVER, they were slightly generous for my size7 feet and I knew they'd be too big once the sheepskin had flattened down a bit. They also made my feet look HUGE!! I was like the letter "L". While, admittedly, they may have kept me steady in a strong wind, I sent them back. I didn't get a pair of 7's, for they'd only be too small. These are the 3rd pair of sheepskin boots I have sent back because of sizing. You'd think I would learn my lesson about buying footwear online....(now I wonder what time those WLM boots will come tomorrow??.....)