4.0 out of 5 stars Great value but limitations
Published 18 months ago by Stroke27

I read all the reviews - they were mixed. Rightly so. When you first start using this HRM you ask yourself whether you REALLY have to hold the buton down for two seconds to do anything, whether you REALLY have to scroll through multiple menus just to get to the stopwatch...
You do.
This is a decidedly un-intuitive HRM with relatively limited functions...
Published 9 months ago by shortfat007

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value but limitations, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
Great, good looking HRM, and really good value for money. Setting it up a little fiddly as its not that intuitive but works well. The countdown display is a little small but that's a minor gripe. Also the handlebar bracket that came with mine was different to the one in the instructions and doesn't seem to hold it in place - which is annoying as I bought it to use on a turbo trainer. However, overall it's a good bit of kit and a great alternative to a Polar or Garmin at twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!Totally recommend it!, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I bought two of them one for me, one for my partner. Its a great piece of equipment when you want to monitor your heart rate during the workouts. Its easy to use and clean. Also I find it really cool as a normal watch.
The only thing you need to remember when buying this item is to purchase yourself a tube of aqua gel for the heart monitor chest band, it wont work without it!
Fast delivery !

3.0 out of 5 stars Great service fro the seller, but very average HRM. Save your money and get a Garmin, Polar or Suunto, 30 Sep 2013
shortfat007 (the hills and glens of Scotland) - See all my reviews
You do.
This is a decidedly un-intuitive HRM with relatively limited functions. Ergonomically it's great. Comfortable, light, looks good and waterproof, but functions? Disappointing. The strap is also not very comfortable at all. Finally - I've used it primarily on the bike, either on the road or the turbo, and it frustratingly will not keep a signal between the strap and the watch so actually using it for training is pretty useless. Save your money and buy a garmin, Suunto or Polar. Sorry Sigma, just not good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you need it to do, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
Bought this heart rate monitor as I started to do INSANITY. It has all you basic function that you need. I have read reviews saying it is hard to use but once you get use to how it works, its so easy to use. It looks good, you get a handle bar clip to attached the watch to a bike. The chest strap is comfy and light. Just make sure you wet the monitor connection that touch your skin and it syncs with the watch perfect. it doesn't have a long range but for the price, you really cant go wrong. Highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good entry level HR monitor, 15 Jun 2012
P. Koscielak (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
Sturdy and simple to operate, nice design. I bought it because of it's stopwatch function so was a little disappointed to find out it doesn't display 100s of a second. So time given is up to 1 second accurate.
Still does the job ok but I'd improve on that in new models. Other than that it's a functional piece of kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Sigma HRM - 25.10 - Be careful what you wish for!, 9 Jan 2012
Max Marengo (Luton, Beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I ordered this HRM to replace a simple pulse monitor I have had for the last 15 years (now dead). I was looking for something that would give me a few extra features, however, these have come at the cost of usability.

First the good things about the watch: it looks good, is well constructed, is comfortable to use and measures your pulse well.

BUT there are some downsides:
1) This watch is digitally encoded, so you need to wet the strap before you can start monitoring your pulse. I never bothered to do this with my old watch - I was happy to wait 'til I had built up enough of a sweat before seeing the pulse.
2) Does not communicate with the equipment at my local Gym like my old watch did. Not sure if this is the digital encoding on the strap or just due to it being a different make.
3) The watch is simple to use, but every operation takes a load of button clicks. For example, to start a session (after wetting the strap) you hold a button for 2 seconds then click 3 more times before you are up and running.
4) The Clock functions are completely separate from the Training (HRM) functions and you can not get from one to the other without interrupting the monitoring of your current training session.
This last is the biggest annoyance for me. I had envisaged using the countdown timer for interval training, while continuing to monitor my heart rate. This is just not possible. Similarly you can not see the stopwatch in the Heart Rate screen. Oh and to switch from Training to stopwatch takes about 10 button presses!

So please be clear about the features that you will use before selecting this watch. This watch has lots of features but they are impractical to use the way I wanted to. NB - you can download the manual from the Sigma site - worth looking at before you commit!

4.0 out of 5 stars great value - works like a charm, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I have been using this for 6 months now and its always reliable. It was a bit tricky getting to set it up initially if your not used to it, but once I understood it then it was fine. The product seems good quality and I especially like the big screen which is really easy to see
I mount it on my bike handle bars and can see the readings clearly in any sun light but not when its dark at night.
The strap is adjustable and comfortable and robust. I have also used this in a swimming pool as its water proof.
It has its own encoded frequency so other devices cannot interfere...but that also means you cant sync it with other devices if that's what you need to do.
You get most of the expected functions like setting zones, and at the end of training you can see the averages and cals burned etc ....
There's better more expensive things out there but I think this is definitely good and reliable for the comparatively low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
I have had this for ages now but forgot to review. This HRM is absolutely brilliant, I've been using it for a loooong time and never had problems with it. I take it out on my runs all the time and sweat all over it... gross :P but it never has an issue, always reliable and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars sigma 15 11, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
This product gives direction to your fitness regime. its a must have for any fitness enthusiast. Undesrtanding the setting were a bit confusing initially but i got a lot of support from the company representatives in the United stated. i kept calling them and they were always glad to help. now i but this product asbirthday gifts for my friends

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratches ruin this product, 9 Feb 2014
M. Thomas (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma Heart Rate Monitor (Sports)
Whilst the watch/heart monitor is a nice piece of kit, it is totally ruined by how easily it he face scratches. I bought this for my son at Xmas and within a few weeks it is totally unusable! He is by no means careless or heavy handed but somehow the face has scratched so much that is is impossible to read the display.

Very unhappy and will now have to look for another watch for my son.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›