VINE VOICEon 15 January 2011
I read Nancy Friday's earlier books when they were originally published in the 1980s. When I saw this new one I was interested to see how it would compare. The original books were busting out with original erotic fantasies - interspersed by some academic analysis - so I was expecting more of the same here... but sadly the book is far more erudite academic insight and far less erotic after-dark prose. Shame.
on 27 July 2013
Too less much psycho-babel it is less interesting and less well written than the other books. I won't be keeping this book
on 25 February 2014
After reading Nancy Friday's previous works, such as Forbidden Flowers and Women on Top, I had some expectations, not the least of which was an honest unvarnished exploration of women's sexual fantasies as described by the women themselves. Unfortunately, this book has wandered into the psychobabble landscape, with examinations of these fantasies in a very non-erotic manner which leaves one plodding along hoping to stumble upon the 'good parts'.
on 9 January 2016
OK on a wet night
on 25 July 2013
Rubbish. This was ms friday trading on her previous books . Save your money and buy her earlier works. Like women on top
on 7 September 2013
I FOUND IT NOT AS GOOD AS SOME OF HER PREVIOUS BOOKS, STILL READABLE BUT A BIT DISAPPOINTING IN COMPARISON
on 29 July 2014
VERY GOOD
on 12 April 2015
Not read
on 2 July 2014
Ok
on 31 October 2010
Having read all previous Nancy books, this completes my curiosity, but will it satisfy yours??