on 2 November 2014
I needed to make space, my bathroom is tiny and I have one cupboard that was cluttered with so much stuff they'd all fall down and hit me on the head every time I opened the door. I was going to put shelves up but then came upon this item and after a quick measurement purchased one.

It really was easy to assemble, no tools are needed, just twist and tighten everything into place and 5 minutes later you're good to go.

The shelves when packaged looked a bit small, it's only when you start putting it together do you see they can hold a lot of things.

I now have the much needed space to store items in my bathroom cupboard with little effort and no drilling or splinters.
review image
on 13 April 2011
I am cursed with a very small galley style kitchen with counters and cabinets on one side and blank wall on the other. I am a chef and so keep a lot of kitchen equipment and gadgets but had no space to store them. I bought 2 of these shelves and am very happy I did. I am NO DIY person and putting things together for me IS like rocket science and I am no scientist. But these shelves are simple pop into place tough plastic with no screws needed. I put both up on my own in about 20 minutes (takes a bow) So I am very happy to say these shelves are perfect for any man's storage shed or any woman's kitchen. The plastic is strong and sturdy.
Price is also wonderful.
on 12 January 2015
I bought a set of these shelves and following my reading of the current comments prepared myself for problems.
The 2 main problems seem to be the lack of instructions and difficulty of slotting the pieces together once you have worked out what to do.
A comment about instructions. There is a large coloured paper label stuck on the pack inside the polythene wrapping.
How much would it cost to add simple instructions to that large (30cmX15cm) label.

Having worked out what to do (quite simple really) I got myself some sandpaper and rubbed around the wide end of each tube ready for inserting in the underside of each shelf.
I then rubbed the sandpaper around the lower entry hole of each shelf to remove any rough edge left from manufacture..
(The shelf supports obviously have to be a tight fit or the whole lot would fall apart after assembly.)

Taking one shelf at a time I managed to insert the wide end of a tube into the underside of four. I inserted the four short legs/feet into the remaining shelf which would be the base.
The four 'discs' were inserted into the upper holes of one of the shelves which had been fitted with the long tubes. This will be the top shelf.

I then built up the unit taking the base first and after placing it on the floor (feet down!) took a shelf with four long tubes and placing roughly into position slid the narrow end of each tube into the top side of the shelf below using gentle pressure until seated completely.
I did this four times leaving the one with the discs in the corners until last.
I hope this helps somebody.
The size when erected is approximately 60cm wide x 173cm high x 30cm deep

I've given this 4 stars rather than five as one of the shelves has a broken edge about 8cm long.
This obviously happened in transit but is not serious enough to cause a problem as the broken edge is now part of the back pf the built unit.

I'm very happy with the result and have sent for another set of shelves this morning.
on 11 June 2014
Very easy to put together. Robust and sturdy. The only thing I will say was that I found inserting the little legs was hard work. I thought at one time I was going to have to give in and wait for a "man" to appear. However I wasn't going to be beaten and once the first one went in I had mastered the technique and the other three were fine. The rest of the assembly was a doddle. I think the product is excellent value and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another if the need arose.
on 19 October 2012
This shelving unit is plastic, so not the sturdiest item and if using for anything heavy, I'd definitely recommend attaching the rear of it to a wall to ensure it can't fall over.

The worst thing though is the way it's moulded - the parts don't fit! It's supposed to be a push-fit job, but I had to use a stanley knife to trim some of the edges so that they'd push together. Not very well made. Once you go through this hassle they're basically fine, but having to cut it to fit is ridiculous.
on 10 February 2010
This is *not* the same item as sold by Argos/B&Q. It's a far inferior item.

Beware the disparity between the technical details and product description/name. The image, description and name are stolen from Argos, the technical details match what the item actually is.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 March 2010
Rarely am I defeated in the face of flat pack. But these so-called shelves defeated me hands down. They are not the items in the picture for a start, and when they arrive there are no instructions. What you have is a set of tubes and a set of shelves. It's reasonably obvious what goes where, but then the fun really starts.

The shelves do not have holes large enough for said poles, or if they do, they are too large
The shelves are too brittle and one came broken already
Once jammed into position, they cannot be taken apart
It is impossible to get them level and standing upright

I tried one, thought it was faulty, tried a second one and gave up. They are currently waiting to go back to the company.

And they are NOT at all the items shown in the picture. Beware and do not bother with these frustrating time-stealers!
on 20 January 2013
I have recently moved into a new build home and needed a storage solution for my rather small utility room. I contemplated getting shelves fitted onto the walls, but didn't fancy damaging the walls and therefore I decided to go for this unit. The unit itself is very easy to fit and move around and it's also great at holding large and small items- I have been using it to store extra food items like jars of lentils and tins of food etc and I am very happy with it. The unit is very sturdy and it has made my utility room look much more organised - I wish I had enough space to buy another one! I'd been looking for a shelving unit for a while and this is the cheapest one I found - excellent price for a 5 tier shelf and well worth every penny. I must also comment on the excellent customer service, as when I first received the flat-packed unit, some parts were damaged. However, new parts were swiftly sent out when I contacted customer services. Thank you.
on 1 June 2011
Item arrived very quickly and was really well packed. However,being just 5ft tall, and elderly, I groaned when I found there were no instructions plus it seemed rather lightweight.
However, I certainly needn`t have worried. It was a doddle to put together,and really easy to manoeuvre into place, not being too heavy or bulky.
I made sure not to exceed the weight limit stated,and find it`s perfectly stable when loaded up with my storage items.
I`ve had no problems whatsoever, and am really pleased with both the item and the service I received.
Very satisfied with this product and would certainly use this seller again.

Jay.
on 31 May 2014
Great shelves at a really good price, really good service, would recommend to anyone who needs some shelves in a garage or office