5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner RC car for 4-7 year old
I've bought this as a Christmas (yep its that time folks!) present for my 4 year old nephew.

We've had a few remote control cars in our house over the years so I know a half decent one when I have a go of it.

In the box you will find -

- The RC car fully assembled
- Remote control unit
- Instructions

There are 'no'...
Published 17 months ago by KM

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. Poor quality.
Published 4 months ago by K. M. H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner RC car for 4-7 year old, 26 Sept. 2013
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

In the box you will find -

- The RC car fully assembled
- Remote control unit
- Instructions

There are 'no' batteries with this toy!

You will need to buy 4 x AA for the car and 1 x 9volt for the remote control.

Maisto are a well established brand in RC toys and thats why I went for this one. They do a larger car and brought this one out for younger children. It's aimed at the 4-7 year old range.

The remote - takes one 9v battery. It's a basic remote for younger kids and operates the car forward, backwards, left and right. It is definitely smaller than usual and made for smaller/kids hands! It works at 27 mhz.

The car - Measures around 8 inches long and the body is sat high in the air, this car is all wheels as it is a 'rock crawler'. It is a 4wd and has two motors set at a low drive speed. This gives it more torque which means less speed but good rocks, bumps and lumps climbing ability! It tries to drag itself over anything given its size.The wheels have fully articulated suspension so move and bend every which way in order to get over rougher terrain. The tyres are rubber and oversized which makes this a great climbing machine.

This car will not whizz around like lightening. It's built to clamber slowly but well. It's only made for younger children remember if purchasing this.

In use it's a cracking little RC car for the price in my opinion. It's build quality is good and it drives well. It's fully functional with great suspension and easy to learn with a basic remote for smaller hands. This is perfect for use in the garden as you can set a little course up for it and let your child play safe.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Crawler Review, 22 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
I was very pleased with the fast delivery and it was well packed.. I got the rock crawler for my five year old son and he loves it, it's very solid
and its great that the rock crawler comes with it's own rechargeable batteries and charger!! Very pleased with it overall. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 20 Mar. 2014
A. Miles (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
Great off-road (rug, toy, book, etc) ability and works very well on Amazon basics AA rechargeable batteries. Unfortunately (or fortunately) my son is far too young to play with it but he enjoys practicing his crawling as he chases after it. The turning circle is poor but multi-point turns are easy enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. Poor quality., 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
I bought this back in September but have only given it to my son today, as a reward for a good half-term in his new school and for trying hard etc. I am SO disappointed. He's only been playing with it for an hour or so, and the left/right turning control has stopped working so now, it will only move backwards and forwards. If I'd bought it more recently I would be sending it back but as it is, we're stuck with it. I cannot in good faith recommend this toy. Save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great climber., 6 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
Bought this car for one of my twin grandsons. He says its great, does everything he wants it to do. It climbs over stones, humps etc. it has good suspension. Money well spent. Also has the re-chargeable battery, great advantage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great R/C car, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
We were after a more grown up remote control car for our 5yr old son. After reading the reviews, and watching a few videos of this model on YouTube, that helped confirm it was going to fit the bill. It's not too large, not too small. Not slow, but not too fast.. making it easy for a 5yr old to control. With it having 4 wheel drive, it's great for clambering over rocks in the rockery, or piled up cushions, etc.

It does *not* come with re-chargeable batteries like other reviews (from 2011) state. No batteries are included at all. When you do stick some of your own in, they'll last quite a while.. when they're running down, the first thing to go is the steering.

It's been durable so far. I like the fact that the remote control unit has a flexible antenna.. so it can't be snapped off like with other r/c cars I've read about. The aerial on the car itself is a wire where you slip on a narrow plastic straw/tube.. that's the only thing that's a bit rubbish.. the tube has snapped a few times.. making it slightly shorter each time. Not a deal-breaker, but a slight annoyance.

All-in-all, I'd very much recommend this r/c car.. I've enjoyed it as my as my son & for the price (£22) you can't go far wrong :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An affordable RC car that actually works !!, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
Really pleased with this ! We purchased this for our five year old son who absolutely loves it. As some reviewers say it is rather slow but that is no bad thing for a little one getting to grips with steering and where space may be limited. We have bought a number of radio controlled cars over the past 18 months and all have been bad buys - not this one ! It really does climb over most obstacles. We have driven it through flower beds, over grass and gravel and over small rocks. The range is great and it is very responsive and easy to use. It is small (21cm long x 13 cm tall) and light but for the price I paid I was astonished at how good it is. It has endured a number of knocks from bad driving and some crazy stunts but it has survived everything so far. An amazingly robust vehicle. If only we had found this last year !

4.0 out of 5 stars super pleased with this, 19 Nov. 2014
Howard (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
Kid #2, age 4, super pleased with this, of a good size and speed for him to control, but not too crazy, Battery life seems good, main car seems to "sleep" if left on, only burning power when moving I guess. Able to climb over obstacles and continues to be enjoyed 6 weeks after the original birthday. Overall I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good value for the price., 11 Jan. 2014
J. Bethell "jabeth" (Worthing , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
I bought one for my friends' son. I was sufficiently impressed with truck to go back and buy one for myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Requires 6 AA batteries, and hand unit is cheap., 7 Dec. 2014
Cat_tap (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maisto Tech RC Radio Controlled Rock Crawler Jr. (Toy)
Seller needs to be clear on battery requirements, as I bought batteries as stated in the description, to find that it was wrong. The car requires 4 AA batteries, and the remote required 2 AA batteries. Other feedback states different battery requirements, so this definitely needs clarifying by the seller. Apart from that, the car/truck is great. The Remote Control unit, however, is cheap, with a battery cover that kept falling off, and has now been lost, 1 day after it was given as a birthday present. As parents, we're also disappointed that it won't run when using rechargeable AA batteries, only one use batteries. As much as this toy is loved, we will not be purchasing 6 new batteries again to run it. Bad form by the makers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›