1.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, lousy scanner and no support, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: HP B109 Photosmart All-in-One (Print/Copy/Scan) (Q8433B#BEV) (Electronics)
This looks like a great product and with the opportunity to replace my broken printer with a multi functional scanner, printer, fax machine it couldn't have been better. It installed easily and prints very very well.

Then I came to use the scanner. I have tried scanning using every possible way of accessing it thorugh the HP software and it hangs every time. I rebooted and tried scanning using MS Paint and the basic microsoft scan drivers, guess what? It hangs every time.

There is no support of any value from HP for this product and it simply does not work on Windows 7 anyway. You pay a premium price for a bundled multi function product and you get a printer, nothing else.

Steer well clear of this and save your money until such time as HP sort out this shockingly bad bit of kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars How to drive youreself mad, 30 Jan 2011
I can only comment regarding the wireless version that is just over a metre from the computer. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER PURCHASING until HP sort out their software (or possibly some of the hardware). Last year I spent so much time trying out their various suggestions and continual re-boots (all on record)that for my own sanity I gave up using it. A sledgehammer might have been the best choice. I have screenshots of more error messages on file from trying to use this machine than for any other piece of hardware. This from someone who had great faith in a company whose Scanner and Printer installed back in the days of Windows 98 have always performed so well, but now sadly suffering with old age and requiring replacement.

Giving it another go these last few days and thinking that I could cope with it's unbeleivably complex interface on the computer and the fact that it so often considered that it was being accessed from another source. (By closing and re-opening.)

When it lost the wireless connection, I found that this could be reconnected by switching the combo off and on again - following a long wided, noisy self cleaning and testing.

The so called SOLUTION CENTRE SOLVES NOTHING neither does the help centre.

During the last few days, utilising the above self made expedients I have been giving it another go and am aware of the potential of the software which is brilliant.

Tonight, it will not reconnect wirelessly despite the combo showing it as connected having both switched it off and on and even rebooted and I am aware that I will have to join it with a US cable to use it again

I had asked HP to let me know when when they have sorted out all of the problems of which they have been advised and had a fix that could be installed, but have never heard anything from them. It is obvious that nothing will occur until people are advised of what they will be letting themselves in for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Experience, 7 Oct 2010
BE WARNED!

After a successful first time install I used the printer, mostly for scanning. I RARELY PRINT (note for later).

I allowed the updates to proceed without any problem, until after one the scan button had vanished from the HP Solution Center. This made the printer useless for my main use, though I could still print - sometimes.

After many many hours of attentive, but repetitive and useless help from HP, I still haven't got it re-installed.

GENERAL:
1) When the printer goes off-line on wireless (sleep mode?) you have to wake it up manually. My wife's PC, in another part of the house can't print without first going to the printer to wake it up.

2) After so little use, two of the print cartridges are flagging as low on ink all the time. My previous printer lasted well over a year with my level of use. This has been weeks of little use - and all printing in draft mode.

INSTALL PROBLEM (short version):
1) They told me to uninstall and install again. No difference.

2) They told me to do an 'uninstall_L3.bat' uninstall, which cleans up everything; then reinstall. The reinstall failed with a fatal error that then removed all the HP stuff and rebooted my system (no choice here).

3) I found the basic driver on the HP site. That installed OK, so I could print again. But I couldn't scan...

4) Started the main install which spotted driver and offered to just install solution center or functional parts (scan?). Failed in similar way to original full install AND ran through a clean up that removed the driver - WITH NO WAY OF STOPPING IT. Complete screw-up.

So, more time spent on it that the value of the printer, and still no functionality.

1.0 out of 5 stars HP B109, 22 April 2012
I AGREE WITH OTHER REVIEWERS, SUPPORT TO SORT OUT FAULTS IS RUBBISH.
ITS NOT ECONOMICAL ON INK EITHER. VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS PRODUCT.