5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
This was exactly what I wanted and it did what is was supposed to do. Great.
Published on 26 Jun. 2010 by Margaret

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Dodgy Latch Mechanism
I fit into most airline seat belts OK, but occasionally get a "short" one which is why I carry this in my cabin luggage, just in case.
I used it a Thomson flight, shortly after purchasing, and had some difficulty releasing the latch after landing.
After a bit of jiggling it eventually released.
I recently needed to use it on a BA flight and the same...
Published 22 months ago by Bryan Turvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Airplane Seat Belt Extender - AirCraft Airline - Fits all Airplanes
This was exactly what I wanted and it did what is was supposed to do. Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars SEAT BELT extender, 18 Feb. 2014
Ms. J. Brook "doctorroy" (England) - See all my reviews
fabulous for us larger women. saves the embarrassment of asking on the plane for an extended belt. would recommend this to the larger women.

5.0 out of 5 stars embarrassment saver, 9 Aug. 2013
This made me feel so much better. No need to draw even more attention to myself by asking for and receiving a bright orange extension belt. I just added it discretely. Highly recommended to save embarrassment.

5.0 out of 5 stars seat belt extender, 24 Jun. 2011
I can only say that this item made my travel on an areoplane a much more comfortable experience!!! I used it on a monach flight to Lesbos and had no trouble attaching it to the plane seatbelt also this saved the issue of asking the flight attendant for one of there's! It is very good quality and very neat and easy to use I received it promptly so highly recommend the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fatties salvation, 9 Feb. 2014
J. Smith "funnychic" (uk) - See all my reviews
I was am extremely worried about the seatbelt fitting on a plane so decided to purchase this to avoid the embarrassment of having to ask for an extention from one of the snotty trolley dollys. I was not disappointed by this product at all however a word of warning. You are not allowed to officially use one as it is not owned by the airline so be aware you will have to use it without the knowledge of the air steward which to be fair was not hard to do as they hardly looked to see who was fastened in and who was not. I used it on the way out but when I got on the plane for my return journey it was a brand new plane and low and behold the seat belt was massive and there was no need to use one and what's more I COULDNT AS THE NEW BELTS HAVE DIFFFENT FITTING!! Overall I am very satisfied but as planes change you take a chance it can be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, 12 Jan. 2012
Simonch (Broadway, UK) - See all my reviews
Being a bit of a large lad I often needed to ask for an extension belt. Strangely enough it has always been on the return journey! And no it wasn't down to, too much eating on holiday but more to do with a different aircraft. On a flight back from Malaga just before Christmas I asked for an extension as usual but the Purser said I would have to move seats as I was in an emergency exit row. This I couldn't understand, what did that have to do with using a belt extension? However he then went on to explain that the emergency exit door weighs 42 kilos and he wasn't sure that I could manage it! The guy on the end of the row looked at the size of me and said to the Purser "if he can't what chance do the rest of us stand". I got my extension. However, at that point I decided to buy my own seat belt extender. At Christmas we flew to Mallorca and the outbound seat belt presented no problem. But as usual inbound I needed the extension and my purchase came into its own. Easy to carry in my trouser pocket, discrete to use and it made for a very comfortable flight home. I recommend it to all those who are somewhat challenged in the waist area.

Update on my story: A friend of mine who is a BA stewardess told me the Purser got it slightly wrong. The reason for moving the passenger away from the emergency exit door is because it is assumed, if you need a seat belt extender, you are too big to get through the exit. Believe me, if I needed to get through that gap I bl***y well would!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, discreet and small enough to put in your pocket, 25 May 2015
I always find Ryanair are a little bit neat with their seatbelts - especially if you end up in a seat where the seatbelt has been cut and reattached as it can end up a lot shorter than normal. Decided rather than constantly embarass myself asking for the horrible orange extender, and end up with miles of spare fabric in my lap for the rest of the journey, I would buy my own. I used it for the first time last week flying to the Canaries and it was absolutely fantastic. It folds up into a lovely little velvet pouch - small enough to put in your pocket (hubby wore combats and put it in the side pocket no problem - just remember to take it out at security and put it through the scanner). Once on the plane, he just handed it to me and I clipped it on - not a single person even noticed. When we got to the other end, a quick unclip and fold back into its wee pouch, and back into hubby's pocket - hey presto. Ive heard a few people ask if you're allowed to take these on board - I can't see why you would even need to mention it as nobody would notice. Apart from that, if there are a lot of babies or large people on board, they may run out of extenders, and if you can't get your belt fastened, they won't let you fly. I wasn't prepared to constantly worry about that scenario!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot praise this enough!, 21 Oct. 2014
I was so nervous flying with Easyjet/ryan air this month as I had a horrible time in June flying to a friend's wedding when the seatbelt wouldn't go round me by a quarter of an inch, no matter how I struggled. I had to sit and hold the buckle the whole journey hoping no one would notice , thankfully I was sitting next to the window so I got away with it without the steward seeing, but I was in a total panic the entire journey. As such I was DREADING my October travels, so I couldn't believe it when I came across this product, it's just such a fantastic idea. I didn't tell anyone, not even my partner that I had the extender with me. I had it in my handbag, when seated on the plane (again window seat) I placed my bag on my lap, very discretely pulled it out of it's pouch and buckled up and then put my bag on the floor. No one batted and eye. It was identical to both BA and Ryanair's own seatbelts, no fuss, no panicked flapping for 2 hours like last time I cannot praise this concept more. In short, don't tell the airline you have the extender, having read other reviews, it's unlikely they will let you use it. If you want stress free travel book a window seat, buy yourself the extender and you can totally relax the entire trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but....., 13 Dec. 2014
Well made, feels strong and reliable, but.....

As it was a different colour to the belt on the Easyjet flight I bought it for - there's was blue I think. The air hostess was extremely snooty and refused to allow me to use it, despite my protests, insisting on getting the fluorescent orange strap they use - very subtle and thoughtful of them and exceedingly embarrassing for me!

However, on the return journey and forewarned and forearmed, I used this belt extender again, but I took care to casually drape my tshirt so that the belt extender (and any excess strap) was covered and I deliberately didn't make eye contact with the air hostess when I saw that she was making her way up the aisle!!

I don't know if this would work every time, but it's certainly something I'd recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Sept. 2012
Alex (London, England) - See all my reviews
Title says it all really.

I flew on a Ryanair plane and I'm not a small lady. Having read lots about seatbelt lengths on planes, I worked out that I am right on the cusp of most people's opinions about what size person would fit within the seatbelt without an extender (I am a UK clothes size 22/24), so I thought I would take one onboard just in case. I really wanted to avoid the embarrassment of having to ask for an extension belt (although they are available).

Turns out, I was a couple of inches off being able to fit inside the seatbelt, so was very glad to have purchased this. It fit perfectly and was easy to slot in. It is exactly the same colour as the plane belts, so no one knew I was using an extra bit of help!

Airplane Seat Belt Extender - AirCraft Airline - Fits all Airplanes