4.0 out of 5 stars PC350
First off, this is a gaming headset, not a pair of dedicated headphones. Some reviewers have missed the distinction.

I previously owned a pair of PC150s and decided to upgrade to the PC350s, with pure gaming in mind.

Published on 4 Sep 2009 by Alun L. Richardson

3.0 out of 5 stars HEADSET
Published 20 months ago by E. Dale

4.0 out of 5 stars PC350, 4 Sep 2009

On testing them out, they are heads above the PC150s. The sound quality is extremely impressive in comparison. As others have pointed out, they get better after a run in. They have complete ear coverage too and sound leakage is vastly reduced due the closed cup design. I have not found them to be uncomfortable for extended use. For those that are interested, I tested them with CounterStrike:Source.

The PC350s are fairly solidy built, you will be impressed, they are nowhere near as flimsy as the PC150s. They are also slightly collapsible if you want to transport them but they don't include a carry case.

As for the microphone, again no complaints from myself or my fellow gamers who have to put up with my voice. Be aware the mic is not detachable, though it can be bent to your desired placement.

Onto the wiring. Similar to PC150s. The wiring itself does seem to be stronger than the PC150s. Includes a mic on/off along with a volume control slider, no change there. No need to mention you are better off setting volume at source rather than relying on this, but still useful. My only complaint here: the wiring should have had a separate jack connection where it joins the headphones but undoubtably that would increase the price (a price I am willing to pay for Sennheiser, if you are listening).

Lastly, some have mentioned poor bass performance. This maybe a factor for some. Personal preference really. I tweaked my soundcard to get around my concerns.

Overall, if you are looking for a quality gaming headset, you cannot really go wrong here. The price however is obviously a major factor. There are many opinions out there on what gives a gamer an edge. I can only say this, I have bought Sennheiser before and I will buy Sennheiser again.

3.0 out of 5 stars HEADSET, 10 Nov 2012
E. Dale "elained2" (W. Yorks, England UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd heard that the sound on this headset wasn't as great as expected for the price, and so I'd prepared by purchasing a sound card (Asus Xonar DX) so I could fiddle with the audio settings. After owning 40 Sennheiser 150s then 50 160s I didn't really think that at double the price the sound would be inferior, especially after reading the plethora of positive reviews. I was very much disappointed with their sound out of the box, and frantically compared them with my cheaper 160s to justify my 90 purchase, but was left distraught. Although the highs were clear and pretty damn good, bass sounds were just terrible.
I clung to hope that they would 'break in' over time as many reviewers had advised, but ultimately it was the sound card's equalizer settings that brought me a huge feeling of relief as I managed to tweak them to sound pretty decent. After setting them up right, they come through with the quality you would expect from Sennheiser headphones, crisp and bassy.
Comfort

It's really the comfort of the PC 350s that makes them shine. With complete ear coverage you can wear them for hours on end without any ear pain as your ears are barely touched. The padding on the cups and on the roofare wonderfully soft and comfortable as well, and it keeps itself nicely and gently wrapped around your head. Also, the size allows for you to wear glasses without any issues, a significant failing of other headsets.

Microphone

The microphone is probably why the 350s cost so much, as the microphone quality is very clear, and can be easily rotated up or down which is great for when not using it (which is most of the time). I wouldn't say the microphone was amazing, as I've tried to record myself playing music and singing, both of which turned out *alright*, but by no means great quality (and not just because of the quality of my music), but that's not what it's designed for so I can't really fault it for that. The noise cancellation isn't great either, as my friends have frequently commented on things they've heard in the background. Overall, though, the microphone is durable, functional, and comes through clear and crisp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them., 2 July 2013
I use these on my gaming pc and they are so light i never really notice them at all no discomfort like with other headsets, when they said they where noise blocking they where not kidding! I have had family stand at the bottom of the stairs shouting me for dinner and i never heard them at all.

I would say they are a little expensive for what they are but they are good,light and do the job very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PC360 Gaming headset, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser Over-Ear Open-back Gaming Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone and Integrated Volume Control - Black (Electronics)
Bought for gaming son and I haven't heard a peep from him since, so looks like he's very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, Few Minor Flaws, 18 Mar 2012
I bought this headset after finding out that it is the same one that the popular youtube celebrity's "The Yogscast" use. After purchasing with express delivery, I excitedly received my item the following day.

Unboxing: The box itself is stunning for any gamer or pc enthusiast, with it's sleek black cover, with a tint of green. And the world "G4ME" slapped on the front. It's a real beauty to look at. The problem however is it pain to open: I spent a good 20 minutes trying to pry my precious out of the box, with it's solid plastic casing and fiddly little wires that hold the headset in place. I wasn't unduly worried about this because I'm a very patient man, but I can see how a lot of people may become frustrated and may even break their headset.

Box: 4/5
Getting it out: 2/5

First Look: The first thing I did was whack them on my head, I needed to know what they felt like. And I can safely say, my ear's let out a little cry of relief. Going from a cheap pc world headset to this was just astounding. My large ears were cushioned and felt safe, the material was solid and not too heavy, and the mic was very easily adjustable.

Comfortable: 5/5
Look: 5/5
Mic adjustably: 4/5 (I've given it this because the mic isn't removable, which isn't a problem for me, but can be for some of people)
Noise Cancellation 5/5 (How well it removes background noise)

After plugging them into my I-Mac via a jack to usb converter my computer immediately picked them up and I could use them, fantastic! I went straight to youtube and played one of my favourite techno songs ( The joys of being a teenager). I can see why a lot of professional music artists won't like this headset because the audio quality isn't amazingly god-like stunning, but for me; the sound quality was damn good!

I then proceeded to open audacity, an audio editing software. I pressed the record button and introduced myself, once quietly, and then another time almost shouting. The quality of both quiet and loud were spot on, it was like I was truly talking to myself, the pitch, the noise levels: perfect. Best thing of all? NO BACKGROUND NOISE!!! :D

Audio Quality 5/5
Mic Quality: 5/5

Cons:

The problem I'm having at the moment, albiet a small one. Is that after excessive use; say 4-5 hours of constant wearing. My ears do tend to warm up. The reason why this is a small problem is because I only have to take my headset of for about 2 minutes and my ears are back to normal heat levels!

This headset is absolutely fantastic but the price is slightly higher than what I would expect.

IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND YOU WANT A DECENT HEADSET. GO FOR THIS ONE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars sound investment, 18 Feb 2009
Got this for my hubby,and he's loving it.Great sound,and clear voice on the microphone.Money well spent

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, 9 Aug 2011
I have owned Tritton-Astro A40&A30-Sharkoon-SteelSeries-Medusa-Icemat over the years and I always considered the Astro A40 to have the clearest sound, but weak on the bass. For me the Astro A30 had the best balance between clarity and bass (until now) but the fixed mic was annoying along with the inline controls. What sets these apart from many other so called top of the range headsets isnt just the excellent sound but the design. Muting makes sense and is simple, simply raise the mic! genius! Want more volume? Just turn the dial on the side of the right cup! Again simple and instinctive no faffing around with and inline control. Another plus for not having inline controls is that there is less weight which ive found on other headsets can lead to one side of the headset dragging down....annoying!

Moving onto the sound these are as good (and in some cases superior) to anything else on the market but to get the most from them you will need a top quality sound card properly configured. If i had to pick a negative it is the open back design which allows external sound and sound leakage but if you play in a quiet environment then it's not an issue. If your thinking of going to a LAN you may want to look at the PC350 instead.

As for the mic i'm told by my teamates online that i sound crystal clear using both TS and Mumble.

5.0 out of 5 stars PC 350 headset - the ultimate gaming headset?, 16 April 2009
Although a little expensive, this certainly caught my eye as one of the better looking and more solidly built headsets out there. Other reviews out there said the same and it was highly recommended. I cautiously splashed out on it and I have not been even slightly disappointed. Combined with a decent sound card this really blows away any cheap headset for clarity and detail (perhaps a little bass increase is necessary in software to really make it sound great - but easily tweaked). The microphone is great - I've had many a person comment on how clear it is with little background noise at all.
These are by far the most comfortable headphones that I have worn and are great for long term use - perhaps your ears get a little warm after a couple of hours but you hardly know you are wearing them.
Well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product - well worth the money, 30 Aug 2013
I have been using these now for just over 5 months and they are the best headset I have ever had the pleasure to use.
I would typically have them on for work from 8:30 till 6 and then again from 9 for a couple of hours, were they are mostly used for conference call and skype. With previous headsets, I would have had to take them off as they hurt the edges of my ears, not so with these. I have been known to leave them on for hours at a time. The noise cancellation is excellent - i work at home and over the summer there were 8-10 under 8's running around just outside, and I could hardly hear them with the headset on.
The mike pick up is brilliant and it was able to reduce the background noise considerably.
I would highly recommend these to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gaming headphones money can buy, 10 Aug 2013
There's absolutely nothing bad I could say about these headphones. Sound is very 'real' and sharp, you'll hear everything just like it's meant to be heard. And unlike original PC350s, these can be used with music too!

It's not easy to be the best, but Sennheiser surely makes it look easy.