5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Vibrational + Chanting Music
Published on 22 Aug 2011 by Kathy W

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok.....
Published 4 months ago by angel emma

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Vibrational + Chanting Music, 22 Aug 2011
Kathy W (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2013: Ecstatic Sonics (Audio CD)
Another wonderful CD from Jonathan Goldman. This 2010 album follows the "2012: Ascension Harmonics". For those of you familiar with his work, Jonathan's CDs are vibrational in nature often with chanting, and a very special kind of music to meditators and alternative healers. There are 18 tracks, totaling 59:02 minutes, a frog's hair short of one hour. There is a nice 16-page booklet with the CD that explains each track. Basically, this music has a gothic church-type sound, quite beautiful, and quite vibrational. Depending on the particular track, you may hear chanting, choirs, bells, tuning forks, Tibetan bowls, lots of sustained notes, and other sounds. It really doesn't matter what you think about 2012 or 2013, this album is quite beautiful. If you have trouble sleeping, try drifting out to this CD. You will likely wake up very well-rested.

The tracks, and a snippet about each from the booklet, are as follows:

1) Ecstatic Beginnings (3:13) - This track begins with tuning forks going up and down the musical scale. I still feel the energy chills. (I am listening and writing at the same time.) After a bit of the tuning forks, a chorus comes in chanting. To those into energy awareness, it has an awesome vibration. The intent is to activate the chakras of love and compassion. I feel it across my upper back.

2) En Lak' Ech (2:21) - Chanting with Tibetan Bowls and tuning forks, this is said to be a new version of the Mayan chant. It has a mysterious type sound. Very vibrational, it may take you away to a Mayan ceremony in meditation.

3) Om Ah Hum (1:50) - Originally from the CD "Angel & the Goddess, this is a fairly short chant and is from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.

4) The Divine Code (3:20) - In this track, the Divine Name (the Tetragrammaton) is chanted in the frequencies of "The Moses Code". Many consider this to be the personal name of God. Jonathan had special tuning forks developed to create the proper frequencies. I believe this to be a musical piece with powerful energy.

5) Saraswati"s Song (1:53) - Saraswati is the Hindu Goddess of music and medicine. It is believed that chanting "Om Namah Shardayai" to her daily will enable you to use music and sound for healing and transformation.

6) Homage to Ganesha (2:08) - Again, a chant--this track is a tribute to Ganesha, the Hindu Lord and Elephant-headed god of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is also thought to be the god of wealth and success, education, knowledge and wisdom.

7) Angelic Crystal (4:12) - The music is primarily "Angelic Calling" from "Chakra Chants 2" with added sonics from the 7th chakra of "Crystal Bowls Chakra Chants". The intention was for the Crown Chakra. -- This one sends chills up my back. There is a light chorus throughout with what sounds like a harp. If this isn't what it sounds like in Heaven, I will be really surprised when I get there.

8) Tantra of Tara (3:28) - Tara is the Tibetan female Boddhisatttva of compassion and this chanted track is dedicated to her.

9) Om Mani Padme Hum (4:28) - The mantra is said to be the embodiment of the entire teachings of the Buddha. This track is the chant over and over. Many believe it to be a very powerful chant. I remember doing this chant during a conference at the Edgar Cayce Institute in Virginia Beach.

10) Compassionate Heart (3:17) -- This chant is a combination to honor both Tara and Avalokitesvara, the two Buddhist Bodhisattvas of compassion.

11) Wisdom Sutra (4:36) - the chant in this track is said to summarize the concept that everything is interrelated with everything else--everything is relevant--and nothing by itself is as it seems. It is said that listening to this chant can provide us with enlightenment.

12) Empowering the Light (3:56) - My energy friends will be happy to know this track is an enhancement of "Cho-Ku-Rei" from "Reiki Chants" with additional sonics--chants to precede the sonically-coded symbols in the music.

13) Hermetic Harmonics (3:11) -- The track is of sounds created for the 1987 Harmonic Convergence. The Convergence is said to be leading up to the 2012 Gateway opening. This is another very vibrational piece.

14) Gayatri Mantra (1:33) - This short track provides the Gayatri Mantra, said to be the most powerful and important Hindu mantra. The mantra translates to "May the Almighty God illuminate our consciousness to lead us along the righteous path".

15) Divine Awakening (3:38) - This track is about a universal sound of God composed entirely of vowels. The chanted tones sound similar to "Yahweh". I heard Jonathan teach these sounds at a sound-healing conference at the Edgar Cayce Institute in Virginia Beach.

16) Holy Light (5:47) - Apparently this track is part from the "Holy Harmony" CD and part from "Waves of Light". The mantra is said to be ancient Hebrew letters that encompassed what is known as "the Pentagrammaton" - the 5-letter name of God, the unknown name of the Christ. (For those who think you will get bored chanting the same thing over and over--I found it to be very energetic. Once you stop, I suggest you sit quietly in the energy for 5 minutes or so. I think a lot of folks miss the opportunity to stop and sit in the vibration they created.)

17) En Lak `Ech (reprise) (2:33) - In the concept of spiral/looping time, we return to the beginning of the CD with this track.

18) Ecstatic Completion (3:33) - The end track returns to align our chakras, as in the beginning, and enhance the energies of enlightenment and compassion.

While it is certainly true that many of the songs on this album are remakes (usually with additional depth added) or combinations of Jonathan's pieces from prior CDs, unless you have a large collection of these pieces, it won't really matter to you. This is a very peaceful, beautiful CD. I would highly recommend it for meditation, energy work, or just relaxation (including going to sleep). I already have a decent-sized collection of Jonathan's work and I like this CD very much.

Namaste'

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok....., 18 April 2014
This review is from: 2013: Ecstatic Sonics (Audio CD)
I'm afraid I really didn't take to this cd, which was a shame as I was really looking forwards to listening to it...Personally I did not find the background vocals relaxing and the music was very disjointed when it moved from one track to another. I have to say I much prefer the work of Anima's Sound Medicine or Stephen Halpern's music, which I find alot more relaxing but this is just my personnel opinion so someone else may feel completely differetly about this cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sounds, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: 2013: Ecstatic Sonics (Audio CD)
This is a most interesting cd and fulfills my reason for purchase. I find the music very inspiring and imaginative.

2013: Ecstatic Sonics
2013: Ecstatic Sonics by Jonathan Goldman (Audio CD - 2010)