5.0 out of 5 stars Pole Position is better than the rubbish reviews say so
It is awsome so fun. Bit boring at start but as soon as season begins it is so good. You have to edit the drivers and teams at start to real names
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Dan Rozzell

1.0 out of 5 stars very very poor
Got this game yesterday - admittedly from another games based website, but thought i would warn anyone on here about this game.
Published on 21 May 2010 by Mr. Bm Lancaster

1.0 out of 5 stars very very poor, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
There is a five letter word that describes this game - TRIPE! no wait, ive just thought of another - PANTS ! although the most apt word really is dross. The game feels like you have stepped back 15 years and are watching a dos based game running until windows ME. i have a feeling that Kalypso have had this on the shelf for quite some time, and have dusted it off and tried to release it as new.
The game has problems - glitches which should have been sorted out before release. For instance, when naming your racing team try putting a Y in via the keyboard and you'll get a Z (and vice versa#. Try playing it for an hour then attempting to save it after training #thats friday practice to you and me!)only to find the game crashes (this happened twice#.
On the reviews 3D views of the car going round the track are shown - dont know where they are but all i could get on race days is a plan of the track with bubble-like icons moving around. In this day and age i would say photo realism would be a must.
Colours for cars are washy and faint, sponsorship deals are pathetic #just five for the car and none for the driver). The old ME games of grand prix world and Team F1 were light years ahead of this game. I could go on a lot more about poor things in the game, but im sure you've gotten idea by now.
If this had been produced 20 years ago it would have amazed us all - now it just looks terribly dated.
I had to give it one star because none or half were not an option. !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!!!, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am in total agreement with the other reviewers. .... what a terrible game this is, and a complete waste of my time and money. I bought it today, I've been playing it for a couple of hours and I haven't got anywhere with it.

First problem was when I tried to edit the teams and racers to match their real-life counterparts, that took me nearly half an hour, only to get an "Invalid Pointer" error and then I lost everything. Ok, I found a fix for that problem in the forum on the developers website, so I succeeded with this after a second attempt.

So on to the game itself, I spend the next hour preparing for the new season, hiring staff, sponsors, suppliers etc. I build my cars from the ground up, then when I go to test them, I'm taken to the track and I can't get my drivers to race the cars, or do anything at all!! I clicked on everything on the screen and there's nothing to make my drivers go, so I sit here watching the clock run down to zero and I can't do anything!!

Ok, pretty much fed up at this stage, I decide to save the game and come back to it later. I open the save game box, click on an empty slot and name my game ...... there's nothing to click on to save it, just a red cross to exit!! So again, after several attempts and clicking on everything, I have no option but to exit the game, unable to save, and losing everything that I'd just been working on for the previous two hours!!

Worst game I've ever played in my life, and as if that's not bad enough, the shop where I bought it from don't do refunds on PC games. Waste of money, and if you're reading this and thinking of buying it, don't bother, keep your money, or spend it on something more worthwhile. In fact, the new Formula One game from Codemasters (released in September 2010) looks well worth waiting for, not quite the management game that I wanted, but much better looking than this pile of garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Bad, 25 May 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game has walked straight out of the 1990's. Its seriously bad, childish, and not worth a penny.

DONT buy it

As of today, there are no good F1 manager games out, maybe soon there will be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 10 July 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The other reviews are pretty much spot on so I won't say too much. I would only add that if you can get past the glitches and the rubbish graphics then even the race-day gameplay is really poor. For example in practice the drivers fail to give any feedback on how to improve the car, all they tell me is that the front wing is rubbish and the car needs a better one. They don't give any information on whether it needs more angle or less or advice on tires. As such my cars that should be mid-placed pootle around 10 seconds a lap slower than the rest of the field, even the new teams.
Not recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Intentionally poor work, 17 Jun 2010
Jason Prudhoe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am left contemplating what might have been, it's all well and good giving it a bad rating without trying the game properly. I am a big time f1 management simulation player, not an expert but a good midfield player, i have managed to do what i thought was impossible until the game decided that i shouldn't score points, it been doing that for 10 races in a row and i am fed up and sick and tired with this nearly business this game is playing around with, i took a tiny team of less then 40% progressive status and turned it into a front runner, in just 3 races the team is already scoring high qualification positions only to mysteriously finding my cars retiring from an excellent running position all of the time.

Besides the game play, the graphics are bit behind the times, reminds me of Grand Prix World. its trying to be what it's not, an f1 management game. There is defiantly no fun with this redressed RTM game and that is certain. It's a shame that if they left it in development a bit longer, maybe they could of done better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 7 Aug 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game has clearly not been developed very well, not been thought through very well, put together poorly, not tested or tweeked.

It is simply an update from RTM Manager a few years ago released in Germany. The developer's have release 3 patches but say there are no more to come.

There are MASSIVE flaws with this game.

If you are one of these people, like me who look at 1 star games and think, alright, I'll get it and I bet it isn't that bad. TRUST ME, this one will disappoint you because IT IS THAT BAD.

Shame on you Kalypso.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't disagree with the other reviews!!, 12 July 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Like one of the other reviewers I bought this on spec without having looked at any comments on Amazon!! It looked good on the box and I was taken in by '2010'. My mistake! The game is fairly average when setting up the cars and designing parts but once you get to race day the fun totally evaporates - graphics are very poor and there's no real 'feel' to the game. The desire to continue and 'develop' the team has gone. I've taken the game off my computer and will give to our local hospice shop - that's the one good outcome of this sorry purchase. Perefect example of read the reviews BEFORE YOU BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...., 1 July 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Interesting how games can still be made with no interest but to rip off the purchaser.

Every now and then I`ll buy a game out of the store without bothering to check reader reviews because being impulsive can deliver good surprises. In this case being impulsive was dumb on my part.

I thought a Grand Prix manager sim game might be good, perhaps a bit like the 10 year old Microprose driving games but from a boss perspective.

I`ve come here to do what everyone else here has done so far: warn others not to buy this rubbish. It`s bad, very, very bad. I`m not talking about graphics, or even sound, which is minimal to an absurd degree. the whole thing feels a if it was thrown together by school kids trying to make some fast cash. Actually, scratch that; school kids have made better in their bedrooms for free.

Half the time there seems little explanation on details which you need to know about making cars. I couldn`t even get into race because my car was always too heavy. I realise now that I should have checked the weight more thorougly, but it doesn`t make it very intuitive to do these things. Even your talking driver (just pop up letters no real verbal) doesn`t even make sense, coming out with the same crap all the time.

I can`t be bothered to explain the rest of the faults, it`s not worth my effort, but just AVOID like the plague.

The moral of the story: Check before you buy, just because it`s 2010 doesn`t mean that companies won`t try to rip you off like merchants have since the beginning of ... buying stuff.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 10 Nov 2010
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Another big let-down. The game promises so much but delivers little in the way of game-play, achievement or even holding your interest without boring you into submission.

It looked as though it might be good from the excellent graphics on the management pages, but the racing page just didn't happen. Awful graphics and poor gameplay. The huge list of staff to pick from meant that it had a chance of working, but the made up names cheapen the experience and you wonder if it's just a kids game having a laugh. Then again, kids won't put up with something so poor when they have a choice.

When this game first came out years ago under another title, it served a purpose as there were no F1 games on the market to speak of. Now we have to start looking all over again. The only gap this will fill is in the waste bin... and I really wanted it to work. Just shows there is a demand for a good F1 title so get your thinking caps on, all you game designers. The market is there for the taking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 25 Oct 2013
M. E. Roberts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Game could be OK if it stayed on long enough, problem is the game keeps freezing, this is down to the game not being able to run on multi core processers, the only way the game can run is to start the game then hold ctrl alt & del then go to the game properties & set to 1 processer unfortunately you have to do this every time. I have emailed the customer service team with the problem, they give you the run around saying it is this that & the other. I found that on their own forum that they already know the cause of the problem so I asked if there would be a patch to cure this "known" problem? simple answer is no they are not interested.
If you have a PC laptop with more than 1 core i.e. made this century DO NOT BUY THIS GAME as it will frustrate you beyond belief. If you have a PC made in the stone age grab yourself a cheap game.
Overall Rubbish but only because the makers cannot be bothered to fix their mistake.

Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD)
Pole Position 2010 (PC DVD) by Kalypso Media (Windows Vista / XP)