on 12 April 2012
I bought these as a pair of disposable tools to leave on the allotment, which I wouldn't be too worried about if they were stolen, and I'm very happy with the choice.

The handles are made of a thick plastic, but seem to be on par with a wooden handle in terms of durability - I've done some heavy digging and had no problems. The only downside is that there is a mould line along the inside of the grip which can be a little rough if you're not wearing gloves (could sand it off, but it doesn't particularly bother me). The day-glo green is easy to see if you put the tools down, even in quite long grass, although it's functional more than beautiful.

The business end of the tools is made of a thick carbon steel - I suspect that after a few years of use, they'll be more susceptible to rust than a stainless steel tool, and the bottom cm of one of the fork tines was missing, suggesting the metal might be somewhat more brittle than the highest quality tools available, but assuming you're not going to be using the spade to chip ice off concrete or anything like that, I'd have no concerns about their durability (they certainly don't bend or warp in use).

At the price, a real bargain!
on 22 February 2014
Bought as a set along with the following and all for less than £45 the whole, I did not expected the quality to be so good for such a cheap price, I like the brand name Draper, this is why I ordered my gardening tool, they were all delivered well pack and very quickly and free deliver Via Amazon Prime, which is another reason I ordered so much, out of all the goods I received only the garden spade was slightly faulty, by this I mean it look slightly bent! rather than report this and send it back, I have just applied a little heat and put this right, other than that No Problem, so if you want some good quality tool like these, I would recommend these to anyone, I would Like to mention at this point I did go to B&Q and the price there, just for a garden fork would of cost me the sae as I paid for all these items.
on 15 June 2015
Spade started to fall apart as I only used it once as the pin which is holding the handle and spade together were coming out from it so I had to tape it up to stop it not happy at all with this product
review image
on 21 February 2016
Fork broke after 5 minutes of use. Appears to use about 1mm of metal.
review image
on 22 June 2013
I cant believe the awful quality of this set especially the fork. They looked good when I undone the packaging but the fork lasted only 10 minutes before it snapped and the spade bent 30 minutes into digging and I was only turning a small front garden over. I had to finish the job with a really old spade that was hiding away under the stairs. I can think of at least 10 4 letter words that describe this set because I expected a lot more from a well known brand like Draper.
on 20 March 2011
bought this prouct but the fork broke sent it back amazon were great they replaced ite,m no questions asked just used fork again for the first time both rivits fell out of handle will not buy this prduct again will repair myself.
on 31 July 2015
These Draper Carbon steel spade and fork was bought with the purpose of doing some pretty hefty landscaping in my back garden.
Delivered on time, in safe packaging, and very secure.

These are very light to hold and very robust.
The only down side is that the shovel does not have a lip at the top of the blade,in order to be able to place your foot to apply extra force when digging.

Other than that they both work great, and have no problems.
on 15 May 2014
The fork broke about 3 days after the returns date had passed.
One of the metal prongs snapped off when my 76 year old mother was using it so hardly vigorous use!!
on 8 April 2013
I thought this set would satisfy all my gardening digging needs and eagerly awaited its arrival.It was delivered promptly and well packed.After hacking off loads of plastic membrane,bubble wrap and cardboard,I unwrapped the package to find TWO garden forks inspite of a big orange sticker stating 'Dual item,do not split'.Someone somewhere has,presumably,two garden spades! Amazon were pretty good about organising a return but I still have to wrap the things up and drive to my nearest Post Office to return.So I can't vouch for the quality of the items except to say they looked well made and sturdy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 November 2015
For £18 this set is good value. The tines on the fork aren't particularly sharp so may struggle with firm soil.
They both have a stippled finish on the metal parts.
Definitely strong enough for basic gardening but might struggle if digging up tree roots etc.

At the price you can't expect top end quality but these certainly do the job