Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now

on 21 September 2010
I sent to Amazon for the Amplicon Powertel 580 desk phone after reading a review in the RNID MAGAZINE called 'One in Seven'.
This review placed the PT 580 well above all other phones reviewed especially for use by older people with or without visual or hearing difficulty.

I have found this product excellent in all ways. It also has a very strongly made feel about it with firm click-on buttons to press and very bright flashers to alert the user when calls are being made. You cannot miss them even in strongest sunlight.

Also you can enable your user preferences for, say, a very loud or quiet input by a simple button on the side of the handset. Every configuration is dead simple.

In general use the Amplicon Powertel 580 stands out a mile. Not cheap at £110 but easily the best phone I have ever owned and I have owned many.
on 4 January 2011
This telephone system is so easy to use, the main thing for us was to be able to use it hands free and I am delighted. its volume is briliant and hardly any echoes. big numeric pads and large display. very happy.
on 27 November 2010
Large print on phone but instructions rather complicated for an elderly person to understand and use. Still working out some of the features
on 8 March 2013
A good product, if a little complicated to understand fully. Nice load ringer, which helps as I'm a little hard of hearing.