4.0 out of 5 stars Umm. Nice.
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile
Brialliant sound quality, and very comfortable. Unfortunately, the wire is very fragile. I normally have my mp3 player in my pocket, while cycling, and the wire near the jack is usually bent, and within a few weeks, i could see that it had visibly shred itself. Now depending on which connection is made, I either hear music in my left or my right ear..
Published on 11 Sep 2010 by kushan_2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, 11 Sep 2010
This review is from: Philips SHS4700/10 Mid range EarClip Headphones - Black (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Umm. Nice., 7 Sep 2010
Bought these as a replacement for the Koss clips everyone raves about. The Koss were a mixed bag and I didn't really get on with them because the clips kept falling off and there was a distinct buzz, so they drove me crazy. If you are thinking about the Koss, I wasn't unlucky, the clips falling off is a result of the design. I think it's meant to stop you putting them on too tight, but it is really annoying.
No such problems here. These are a much higher quality item, at least in terms of build quality and design. The clips rotate in the silver section and snap open into one of two fixed positions to allow you to easily clip them around your ears. You then push them tight. Pretty comfortable, at least for the first hour or so. Probably more so than the Koss.
Sound is not probably not as clear as the Koss, but in my case the lack of buzzing made up for this. I say this as I listen to Muse quite a lot, and I like it loud, clear and fast, and they delivered that, although there was notable and unpleasant distortion (the ear bleeding effect) from about 65% of the volume. The Koss would be about 85-90%, but they might simply be louder though, as I can't hear anyone calling me with these on at all. They certainly overwhelm most low level noise from the outside. Not quite the same level of separation as the Koss set though.
From my point of view they are bass heavy, but that might be a point of preference, depending on the kind of music you like . If you have a graphic equaliser, they do respond quite well though. This sounds a bit negative, but it isn't meant to. They sound good enough, as long as you are not some mad audiophile, and there's no background noise at all. You will just have to get used to listening to stuff at a slightly lower volume. But you won't notice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little ear phones, 10 May 2012
I wanted new earphones that would stay on while I run. These do the job just fine. I'm happy with the sound, and they're very comfortable - wrapped around my ear. I like the cushion feel of the pad too. I haven't had them long, but they seem like a quality purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but possibly delicate .., 1 Nov 2010
For some reason, I can't get on with earbuds. They won't stay in my ears, especially when I am out jogging, or using the gym. That's why I prefer the EarClip headphones, and these are comfortable to wear as well as being reasonably priced and decent quality.

I have, however, had some problems with this item. I first ordered a set in August this year (2010) and they lasted until the end of September before starting to fail. There was obviously a problem with the mini-jack, as the sound would cut out when this was moved. The connection looked secure, but there must have been an internal loose wire.

To give Amazon full credit, the Headphones were replaced immediately and without any fuss - Amazon paying the return postage and sending me the replacements without waiting to receive the old ones back. Amazon do occasionally get bad press in relation to customer relations, but my experience has been very positive.

The replacement set were received about a month ago, and so far have worked perfectly. I hope that the first set were from a rogue batch and the new ones will continue to function for a long time - but I am concerned about their robustness. If the second set start to give me any problems, I may need to come back and update this review.

UPDATE: 24 November - the second paid failed in exactly the same way and Amazon have taken them back and given me a refund. It's a shame, because these are decent headphones in terms of comfort and audio quality. Unfortunately the connection to the mini-jack appears suspect and for that reason I feel bound to revise my review to warn others. It is possible (although unlikely) that I was sent two rogue sets and that others are fine. My rating is based upon my experience of the two I have tried.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for all day!, 12 Sep 2011
Hilary Harrison (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
Sound quality fine, but these are not comfortable for all day wear - or even several hours. The arms are too fat and press on my ears. I have some very cheap Panasonic clip ons Panasonic RP-HS46E-K Slim Clip on Earphone - Black which I can wear forever with no problem. For spoken word listening, I'd choose the Panasonics every time and they're a third of the price. The sound quality isn't as good as the Philips for music, so it depends what your priority is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 24 Nov 2010
These are by far the most comfortable headphones I have found, as I don't get on with "in ear" and overthehead ones seem to have vice-like grips. I wouldn't be without these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, 28 Feb 2014
I've been using Koss clip ons for about thirteen years so I decided to make change.I bought these because I've read good reviews.But when they arrived I was very disappointed.Everything sounded like it was recorded by the river.Or in some tunnel.Even graphic equalizer couldn't help.These are headphones for people who don't care about sound quality.When you jogging you don't really care about that,right?So I'm staying with Koss probably forever.I know,they don't look that nice,but the sound quality is amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound but dreadful fit, 17 Feb 2013
I'm very disappointed with these headphones. Although the sound is great, I don't find them a very good fit and the foam area doesn't cover my ears properly and does not block ANY other noise out. The curve at the top of the earphone would be better if it was higher (and no, I don't have particularly big or long ears, ha ha).

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor manufacturing, 5 Mar 2012
Ear piece broke off within the first day of use, had to fix it back on with super-glue.

Would not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Oct 2010
A. Stefanescu - See all my reviews
I have owned the previous model of these. The newer version does sound a bit better (or so I seem to see it) but looks the same. All in all, great product if you need something that clips on your ear AND STAYS THERE. They are pretty comfortable too if used with the rubber band they come with. Highly recommended.