5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional quality & comfortable earphones
Totally wonderfull earphones, im miffed as I paid £19.99 in a well known high street electrical store, so great value here.

Published on 10 Aug. 2008 by Spudders

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile
Brialliant sound quality, and very comfortable. Unfortunately, the wire is very fragile. I normally have my mp3 player in my pocket, while cycling, and the wire near the jack is usually bent, and within a few weeks, i could see that it had visibly shred itself. Now depending on which connection is made, I either hear music in my left or my right ear..
Published on 11 Sept. 2010 by kushan_2001

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional quality & comfortable earphones, 10 Aug. 2008

They fit comfortably over your ear & are like little speakers that sit over your ears, so theres no piece to go in your ear, which I cant keep in at all. The fitment at the back adjusts so you can fit it comfortably to your ear, whatever size or shape you have.

I have worn them for several hours comfortably.

The sound quality is excellent, the base is deep & rich, yet you get fade in & outs from each ear & bells, for example in one ear, or other tunes & noises over the song ive never noticed before. Ive given them some serios welly on my Iphone, from Metallica to R&B, electric pop, dance, you name it I have it, Ive always had strange tastes! I havent had any distortion from them at all, i had them at half volume, but went up as high as my ears would go without bleeding & found the same good quality.

I recommend these to everyone, especially if you cannot keep the in ear ones in, & especially at Amazons low price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, 11 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Philips SHS4700/10 Mid range EarClip Headphones - Black (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great value....what else do you need?, 8 Sept. 2008
B. J. Davies "EntilZha" (The Rhondda, South Wales) - See all my reviews
WOW! Superb set of headphones and a fantastic price for the quality.
I bought a Sony MP3 player after a lot of reading up reviews online, it had a great write up on every site I went to. The supplied headphones were not deemed to be too bad either but I wanted better ones which didn't hurt my ears putting them in, or after wearing them for a while (this was the main reason, or which had more response than the Sony ones.

I was not prepared to spend preposterous amounts of money for these headphones either. I liked the reviews I read on these from people who actually bought them so I opted for them and I am really glad I did.

The separation is absolutely fine and the bass is much better than that of the standard earphones without being overwhelming, and that is with the equaliser turned off. They are oh so comfortable...can hardly tell I have them on, and this alone makes them worthwhile for me. They adjust really easily to fit on anyone's ears.....give em a go.

Ok, if you want to be one of those pretentious buyers who have to have absolutely superb hi-fi sound form a player, or be seen using a ridiculously expensive set of bins that anyone could see cost a fortune, then go ahead and get something overpriced. However, if you do not want to spend a mint and still have really good sound quality, absolute comfort and have a good looking set of phones on your ears then get these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Umm. Nice., 7 Sept. 2010
Bought these as a replacement for the Koss clips everyone raves about. The Koss were a mixed bag and I didn't really get on with them because the clips kept falling off and there was a distinct buzz, so they drove me crazy. If you are thinking about the Koss, I wasn't unlucky, the clips falling off is a result of the design. I think it's meant to stop you putting them on too tight, but it is really annoying.
No such problems here. These are a much higher quality item, at least in terms of build quality and design. The clips rotate in the silver section and snap open into one of two fixed positions to allow you to easily clip them around your ears. You then push them tight. Pretty comfortable, at least for the first hour or so. Probably more so than the Koss.
Sound is not probably not as clear as the Koss, but in my case the lack of buzzing made up for this. I say this as I listen to Muse quite a lot, and I like it loud, clear and fast, and they delivered that, although there was notable and unpleasant distortion (the ear bleeding effect) from about 65% of the volume. The Koss would be about 85-90%, but they might simply be louder though, as I can't hear anyone calling me with these on at all. They certainly overwhelm most low level noise from the outside. Not quite the same level of separation as the Koss set though.
From my point of view they are bass heavy, but that might be a point of preference, depending on the kind of music you like . If you have a graphic equaliser, they do respond quite well though. This sounds a bit negative, but it isn't meant to. They sound good enough, as long as you are not some mad audiophile, and there's no background noise at all. You will just have to get used to listening to stuff at a slightly lower volume. But you won't notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy headphones, 28 Jan. 2009
D. Hammond "CD Collector" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The main selling point for these headphones (and the main reason I was drawn to them) is that they are comfortable, and I can verify this claim. I regularly wear these headphones for hours at a time, and they remain comfortable throughout.

The clip-on design of these headphones doesn't grip your ears; rather it sits on them using hooks. I mention this only if you intend to go out running with these on. Sitting still or walking is fine, the headphones will stay in place, but if you were to start running, I imagine it would only be a matter of time before one or both of the headphones shook off.

Another factor to consider is the level of sound leakage. Due to the style of these headphones, you should expect a good deal of sound leakage, even at moderate volume levels. It would definitely be noticeable if you are in a quiet environment.

The sound quality from these headphones is great. Efforts have been made to ensure good bass performance, and they have paid off. They are as comfortable as you would expect and look good too. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little ear phones, 10 May 2012
I wanted new earphones that would stay on while I run. These do the job just fine. I'm happy with the sound, and they're very comfortable - wrapped around my ear. I like the cushion feel of the pad too. I haven't had them long, but they seem like a quality purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but possibly delicate .., 1 Nov. 2010
For some reason, I can't get on with earbuds. They won't stay in my ears, especially when I am out jogging, or using the gym. That's why I prefer the EarClip headphones, and these are comfortable to wear as well as being reasonably priced and decent quality.

I have, however, had some problems with this item. I first ordered a set in August this year (2010) and they lasted until the end of September before starting to fail. There was obviously a problem with the mini-jack, as the sound would cut out when this was moved. The connection looked secure, but there must have been an internal loose wire.

To give Amazon full credit, the Headphones were replaced immediately and without any fuss - Amazon paying the return postage and sending me the replacements without waiting to receive the old ones back. Amazon do occasionally get bad press in relation to customer relations, but my experience has been very positive.

The replacement set were received about a month ago, and so far have worked perfectly. I hope that the first set were from a rogue batch and the new ones will continue to function for a long time - but I am concerned about their robustness. If the second set start to give me any problems, I may need to come back and update this review.

UPDATE: 24 November - the second paid failed in exactly the same way and Amazon have taken them back and given me a refund. It's a shame, because these are decent headphones in terms of comfort and audio quality. Unfortunately the connection to the mini-jack appears suspect and for that reason I feel bound to revise my review to warn others. It is possible (although unlikely) that I was sent two rogue sets and that others are fine. My rating is based upon my experience of the two I have tried.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for all day!, 12 Sept. 2011
Hilary Harrison (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
Sound quality fine, but these are not comfortable for all day wear - or even several hours. The arms are too fat and press on my ears. I have some very cheap Panasonic clip ons Panasonic RP-HS46E-K Slim Clip on Earphone - Black which I can wear forever with no problem. For spoken word listening, I'd choose the Panasonics every time and they're a third of the price. The sound quality isn't as good as the Philips for music, so it depends what your priority is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the normal Philips standard, 8 Oct. 2008
I normally always buy philips headphones because the sound quality is great. These headphones were unfortunately a huuuuuuge let down! The sound quality is incredibly poor especially when playing music that is heavy on the electric guitar, it sounds like muffled noise rather than music, even at low volumes. I would advise steering clear of these....

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound but dreadful fit, 17 Feb. 2013
I'm very disappointed with these headphones. Although the sound is great, I don't find them a very good fit and the foam area doesn't cover my ears properly and does not block ANY other noise out. The curve at the top of the earphone would be better if it was higher (and no, I don't have particularly big or long ears, ha ha).