on 25 March 2013
For: Does what it says v.simple setup installed on my 4300series easy just follow on screen instructions&when asked enter your routers passcode this is usualy on a
sticker on the router you'll need to identify what srecurity your router uses(hopefully you've kept instruction book as it's in there)then it's connected to your home network JOB DONE SIMPLE!!
AGAINST: Suffers wi-fi interferance&sometimes loses signal altogether(not good when watching a movie)&IT'S sooo s-l-o-w watching youtube vids is a nono suffers alot of buffering(watched same vids on my coputer&they play fine so could b chip/processor in tv's not fast enough) icouldn't get the media streaming thingy to work despite it saying it'd installed prog succesfuly so guess i'll stick to conecting via vga .
Expected it to be better so if you've not got a master phone socket near the tv for wired connection look into getting one of them home plug/mains networking thingys SEARCH ON HERE 4 HOME POWERLINE got 1 2 connect my sky box 2 internet cos my router's in a different room&ther's a wall separating rooms.
on 10 January 2012
Purchased for my 46PFL7605. Up and running in about 5 minutes. The only downside is the poor selection of apps made available by Philips NetTV. Internet browsing is awkward using the remote, but functional.
on 3 January 2011
I purchased this for my Philips TV which I had previously had connected to my network through a wired connection. I moved the TV and needed a wireless connection. The connection comes up, but then drops almost immediately and will not then reconnect without going through the slow set up process.

Find a different solution, but don't bother with this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 September 2013
I read the reviews on this before I purchased it several weeks ago and noticed that they were a very mixed bag, but having recently updated our broadband to BT Infinity which according to the BT speed tests is giving us 74.1Mb at our hub, albeit about half of this at both of our computers, like a fool I decided to give it a go.

We have the BT Home Hub 3 which is situated in the furthest corner of our lounge. My philips 37 inch PFL4007T is in the bedroom at the opposite end, about 9 metres away. I have tried it with and without the supplied cable extension, but this seemed to make little difference. I have had the most success watching the BBC iPlayer and YouTube, Trying to view the ITV Player though, is a joke, and where do all them bloody adverts come from??!! By the time i,ve got through them all,i've lost the plot and forgot what program i'm supposed to be watching!!

The screen Resolution is another gripe making my pc screen zoomed up about 400 times. So, I've left the dongle plugged into the tv, but I dont expect to be using it too much as its more trouble than its worth.
on 11 May 2016
Supposed to be compatible with our Philps TV but unable to get it to work so far, says it needs a hard drive.
on 15 November 2012
I recently bought this product for my Philips Philips Lcd 42Pfl4307H Led. 3D Fhd 200Hz Edge Led. Smart Tv. Wi-Fi Ready. 4Xhdmi. 3Xusb. Dvb-T and it works fine. I have my wireless router about 10m from the TV but it receives just fine. I have a little problem with streaming wirelessly from computer in HD but it is reasonable(it buffers every minute). I was worried because my TV isn't in the supported list but it works very well and the streaming feature is also very good from computer!
on 10 June 2013
The device works well, the range is fine and I can connect to my home network without a problem.

However I do think its a bit pricey, and my experience is diminished somewhat by the fact that my broadband speeds are pretty pathetic (I've gone from 120Mb/s to 2.5Mb/s - not recommended for heavy internet users).

So the device is fine but its only as good as the speeds its got to work with.

Oh - one more point, I know its only a small thing but a little thought would have gone a long way. There is no way of attaching the cap to the back of the usb stick - I've put mine in a drawer under the TV, but still it just makes it easier to loose and that annoys me a little bit - but that's all really.
on 5 December 2014
This dongle stopped working after 7 months, so not sure about Philips' quality. However, the Amazon reseller was brilliant - was happy for me to return this item, even though it was 7 months old and I've received a refund to my credit card. Very impressed.
on 5 October 2013
all items were fine but the hand magnifier was not what I ordered and I am very upset that the item received is not worth the postage to the u.s.a. to return it.
on 23 July 2013
Maybe it works OK for others but although my Philips TV was bought in 2012 and my broadband is excellent and new it wouldn't connect. After long hours of using the help site and chat with a Philips engineer who tried to help I eventually was told, by Philips, that it wasn't compatible and should be returned.
There was also a confusing instruction saying 'download 1 of 10 complete' which I took to mean that I had 10 downloads to do. It doesn't mean that at all so beware, you only need to do one.
I am not a whiz with gadgets but because it said 'plug and play' I expected it to be easy, whereas in fact it was impossible! I am disappointed because it was an exciting idea and i very much wanted to look at Google Earth on the big screen. I have ordered a cable to replace it but it will mean having the computer right under the TV which isn't quite as handy to arrange.