5.0 out of 5 stars My Brother Jake
Published on 23 Mar 2010 by Ron Bumquist

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
Purchased for cousin and played it first with permission and all I can say is OK.
If you like them of course a different review would be given.
Published 3 months ago by John Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars My Brother Jake, 23 Mar 2010
Just heard Radio 2 play 'My Brother Jake' taken from this new album! So amazing to hear this on the airwaves again and although I already own most of the tracks on this album I had to review it as it really is essential for anyone not yet familiar with Free, Bad Company or Paul Rodgers in general. Looking over the tracklisting it has obviously put together with care and by someone who knows and loves the material. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Company/Free, 19 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Very Best Of Free & Bad Company (Feat. Paul Rodgers) (MP3 Download)
Paul Rodgers at his best, some say music from a bygone age, well think again great lyrics brilliant music much better than any chart stuff today. great music for the car open the window put the top down and blast it out

4.0 out of 5 stars Good place to start....., 27 April 2010
Mr Blackwell (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a good place to start if you have never heard of the bands included on this disc,aimed squarely at the casual,transient listener and not at diehards.

Given that its not a definitive collection,it misses out tracks such as 'Bad Company' and 'Good Lovin Gone Bad' for example,its still a decent collection of tracks by Free/Bad Co.

Clearly issued to tie in with the UK tour from Bad Company,it would make a decent gift or one for the car.

Its well put together,decent sound quality and an informative booklet featuring Paul Rodgers discussing each track

5.0 out of 5 stars What a treat!, 20 April 2010
S. M. Hadley "FerryFan" (Essex,UK) - See all my reviews
I have loved Bad Co since I saw them in the 70's and Paul Rodgers comes a close second to Eric Clapton for me with his fantastic vocal range and performance. Although I love all of these tracks from Bad Co and Free I no longer have them in a playable format, as I have no turntable! So I rushed out and bought this the second I saw it advertised. My 14 year old is now learning guitar and I have urged him to listen to this, alongside the many Eric Clapton CD's I have left out for him-may as well learn from the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST !!!!!, 10 April 2010
Free lived from 1968 to 1973 and were in my opinion the best band to ever have walked planet earth. Bad Co are second best !!! The thing with Free is, there are no mediocre songs - they're all superb particularly as they were written by lads in their late teens and early twenties. Paul Rodgers voice is just.......well........see what I mean, there are no words to express his voice !!! If you listen to this album you will be hooked for life. The most beautiful and soulful music ever !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Free and Bad Company -the best of, 1 April 2010
David J. Cole "Modlife crisis" (Right here) - See all my reviews
After being a dyed in the wool soul boy for nearly forty years I was looking around for something new in music.Quite by chance I happened to see Paul Rogers fronting Queen on sky one evening and was impressed by his Soulfull voice yet backed by Queen.Although being aware of Free and latterly Bad Company at the time I never really paid much attention (it wasn't the done thing for Skinheads,Suedeheads or bootboys to like this genre of music in the seventies-rock was for hairies and greasers.

This album brings together both bands,Free & Bad Company's well known numbers-which were world wide hits with some of those I'd never heard before.

I'd certainly say it not only hits the spot as far as having all of the two bands well known numbers in your collection but will also whet the appetite to get to know their catelogue even better.

Superbly engineered and produced giving for a clean ,clear sound with some nice sleeve notes about each of the numbers from a personal perspective by Paul.

5.0 out of 5 stars The finest music, 23 Mar 2010
So many songs i had forgotten about here! Absolute classics and a perfect introduction to the music of the unique Paul Rodgers, one of England's all time finest performers and songwriters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but theres a classic song missing, 15 April 2010
All brilliant songs on the album which I have not bought because I have them all anyway but wheres Bad companys theme song called ironically enough Bad Company. Its an absolute Classic and to miss it off an anthology is like a deep purple anthology with out smoke on the water or black sabbath without paranoid.
But that aside its also a blatent attempt to fleece people to part with hard earnt cash, to buy something that if there into rock will already have all the tracks anyway, but saying that it may help to get people into rock music which judging by the soul fan on one of the earlier blogs, he has just dicovered the wonders of rock music, and that I cannot and will not diss. I have been into rock for 32 years and dont think anything will happen to change that now but when I hear people being induced to listen to rock music and enjoy it, then it leaves one with a certain glow that your passion is still something that can light a fire in anothers heart.
Rock music is something that is a part of me and my life and is something I am greatfull for because of the sheer pleasure it gives me.
Rock on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 April 2013
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Paul Rodgers, Free and Bad Co, what more could you ask for. This is my youth rolled into one album and I loved it. Feel like making love? Do it to this album

5.0 out of 5 stars best of free / bad co, 4 Nov 2010
a fantastic album for the young at heart over fifties; and waiting to be discovered by younger listeners / rockers

ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)