5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by digi wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for macro photography. Think again.
Easy and quick to reorientate the camera and OK for portraits and landscapes but no use for the tiny adjustments needed for macro photography. I found I had to tighten the little screw on the side again and again to prevent the camera clunking up and down a centimetre or so. All in all - I wished I had bought a conventional ball head rather than this thing.
Published 10 months ago by Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy!, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
This is a great piece of kit! It is lighter than the head I previously used but so quick and easy to frame up a shot. It will save time and the occasional 'what is he waiting for' comments as you simply release the handle when you have the 'shot' framed up just the way you want it and so far I have not detected the slightest bit of movement away from what it was fixed on. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart design., 5 May 2011
G. C. Bratu - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
Easy to reposition, no matter how you would like to work, you can even tilt the camera to a funny angle (I don't see the point in doing that, but you never know, when talking about art, there are no boundaries). Strictly recommended to any sort of photo session that doesn't involve any kind of panorama or future composition derived out of more than one frame, since is fairly impossible to have an accurate control over the movement of the head (my personal opinion). For such an operation, you should choose a different model (the plate will be identical, therefore once attached to the camera body, can be used to another Frotto head).

Light but sturdy, reliable and elegant. I must admit that I'm not using much the safety pin, only when the breeze/wind becomes a pain. Quite pleased with mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Manfrotto Fantastic, 2 July 2012
W. Green (Tamworth Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
I have sevral tripods all have ball heads, and they are all excellent. But this Manfrotto trigger ball head will take some beating, the smoothness of the action and speed that you are able to set up your next shot is breath taking.
The build quality is excellent without being to heavy suggest's to me that this is going to get a lot of use. It is far superior to my other ball heads which I think may become redundant as I am liable to put this one on which ever tripod I decide to use, so go on splash out and buy one. YOU WONT REGRET IT. Bill Staffordshire.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for macro photography. Think again., 12 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Ball Head, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
I am very pleased with this product. I bought this with Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod. Together they make one of the deadliest combo.

The ballgrip head is very easy and the quick release plate, bubble level gives you much added features that you need.

It does add weight to your tripod but it can support heavy lenses and perfect for profressionals and people turning into professionals.

Manfrotto is the brand to trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
Sometimes you buy something that just makes you purr with pleasure ( no, I`m talking photo equipment here ! )
Well, this pistol grip ballhead from Manfrotto does just that !
I have arthritis in my hands and found previous heads pernickety and awkward when trying to adjust my camera position - this piece of equipment is sooo much easier for me to use, and miles quicker in operation.
With my heaviest lens ( 2 pounds in weight ) the camera is locked solid in any position, and so quickly. Wish I had bought it ages ago !

Puuurrrrr !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more broken thumb nails, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
I love using this Joystick ball on my tripod. before I installed it on the tripod I would frequently tear my thumb nail opening up the locking mechanism. Not anymore with this smooth operating head. Adjusting where I want to make my camera poiont is a dream. I am very pleased with it. My only query is could I use this instead of a Pan and tilt head when videoing with my camera?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pistol Grip, 11 Dec 2013
Tom Hannan (Stonehaven, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
Having been used to the usual, cheaper, tripod mount for camera (Nikon D90) I was fed up of the instability. The ease of use of this pistol grip with the Manfrotto tripod has certainly changed my outlook and dropped my blood pressure by several notches!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Composition made easy!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
My wife bought me a Giottos carbon fibre tripod for xmas last year and it has really helped improve the quality of my photography. However I found I was missing some opportunities because it was fiddly to adjust the camera position and be able to compose things exactly how I wanted to. But this new head has instantly solved that problem. I use a Canon 7D with a variety of lenses and the giottos tripod with this head makes a fantastic combination. The only downside is that the tripod now does not fit into its bag - if I leave the head attatched - but I tend to keep it strapped to the size of my rucksack anyway - so not a major drawback.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 10 Sep 2013
Mr. Sa Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head (Electronics)
It does what it says on the tin, looks amazing and certainly allows for accurate movement of the camera, very good

Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head