5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Cleaner
This product does what it says on the box. I have a major re-decorating job on the go fitting a new staircase and ceilings in the hall stairs and landing which has created a huge amount of mess, this cleaner just cleans the lot up each day. Wish I had bought one years ago!!!
Published on 19 Nov 2010 by evets

Published on 14 Sep 2010 by doodallybloke

2.0 out of 5 stars Get a Vacuum with a Hepta filter.. will save a lot of grief !!, 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: Kärcher A2204 1400 Watt Multi-purpose Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I previously had a rather brilliant 50mm+ large bore flexible tube garden/general wet/dry Karcher A2001 vacuum cleaner for around 15 years or so (approx) Rather foolishly on my part I dropped the unit from a height of around 8ft whilst sucking out a wasp's nest in my garage roofspace area. The plastic body held up but the motor was damaged. Shame as I had never had a moments trouble with this old vacuum. Never mind I thought it was time for an upgrade anyway. I mean Karcher are the bussiness aren't they? At that stage not relising how disappointed I was going to be.

So I got a Karcher A2204. None of my old A2001 vac bits and pieces fitted so all those had to be discarded. Nothing was interchangeable. This new vac does however have a blowing facility. Great.... hmmmm. It blows all right but not that strong. It sucks too through its standard 35mm flexible tubing and also blocks up very frequently if sucking up say, leaves as a example. Can't really get any worse can it?... well you're wrong. Had to sink in a power point to my conservatory. Ok so I will drill all the holes to sink the box whilst holding the vacuum close by the drill head and then remove the core, as I have always done previously. Started drilling and eventually because of my Wife's screams, we found that the internal paper filter was letting through some of the fine dust. She was not amused. But this is a `Karcher' I explained. This is supposed to be `top of the range !!!'. `It's still your fault for ordered such c**p' she said, rather forcefully. Oh well the fine dust layer was there already so I carried on. Pretty soon the unit almost stopped. Took it outside and found that the internal said paper filter (around a third of the size of my old 2001 model and can only be fitted in one way.... (so yes it was fitted correctly before anyone ask's) was completely choked up with said fine dust. In fact I was only half way through this minor job. Cleaned filter, to a degree, several times and completed all work with much muttering on my part. Found out later that when blocked the filter really does need a water hose down clean to remove all traces of dust and fine particles. Have since ordered and use a second filter which you will definatly require. No doubt about that at all. These small paper filters are, apparently, now standard on all the Karcher vacuums.

Overall the 18 litre plastic body/shell container is of a thinner plastic than my old Karcher, but that could be because plastics have moved on. I intensely dislike the small hose and the filter that allows said minute dust particles to get through (a really big issue in my house now) and the standard of the Karcher `tools' which are already showing signs of wear. The plus areas are........ the motor is more powerful and a...... it blows a little bit from a new top hole ... oh yes and its now a bright yellow in colour!!. Conclusion for me anyway... the 1400w electric motor on this vacuum is much to powerful for the internal paper filter to hold the air through-put. The filter being a push on jobbie with a plastic clip on the bottom.(check out name... Karcher Cartridge Filter for A and SE Series Vacuum Cleaners ... here on Amazon. Not cheap either) No leeway is given on filter screw-on pressure etc. Just push it on and clip it up. For in-house usage in future I will be using our old Dyson vacuum with its Hepta filter arrangements (which is dust leakage free which I know from previously experience) It also has the same size hose as the 2204, or as near as makes no difference. Will have to upgrade to a new vacuum for `her indoors'. As for my brand spanking new bright yellow but sub-standard Karcher 2204, well that has been banished to the great outdoors and Garage areas only, where the hose still continues to block up on a regular basis. Sawdust Ok but wood shavings !!.. Ugh. Can't wait until I drop this one from a great height!!. All IMHO of coarse.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Cleaner, 19 Nov 2010