5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" to use a Garmin 310xt for Trtiathlon/Duathlon
Published on 1 Feb. 2011 by Karl Jeffery

3.0 out of 5 stars Argh Garmin!
You don't get a great deal for your money but I knew what I was paying for.
I got 2 bike mounts, two sets of o-rings to attach the mount to the bike, and the watch back for the 310XT. There's a handy little watch pin removal tool included.
Published 14 months ago by J. Evans

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" to use a Garmin 310xt for Trtiathlon/Duathlon, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
This kit contains everything you need to convert your Garmin 310XT so that it can be quickly mounted & released from your bike or the wrist strap. This is important for thriathletes to save valuable time in transition. The parts are easy to fit, probably took ten minutes, afterwards you can securely clip the 310XT onto your wrist or handelbars with a simple push/rotate action. I have now bought two of these so I can keep a mount on both bikes. This is a "must have" for any triathlete / duathelte with a 310XT but is quite pricey for what at the end of the day is just some bits of plastic & rubber.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the bike, easy in transitions., 8 July 2010
M. Whitworth (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
For the price, it's worth every cent. If you're doing a fair amount of cycling, having your Garmin mounted directly in front of you, instead of on your wrist, is much better. Very easy to mount, and enables very quick interchanges between the bike and putting the 310XT on your wrist for the run.

Only complaint would be that it does make the watch sit about 5mm higher on your wrist, due to the new quick-release baseplate. But you get used to it... just looks a bit weirder at first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Argh Garmin!, 2 Jan. 2014
J. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
You don't get a great deal for your money but I knew what I was paying for.
What really got on my nerves though, is the requirement for the world's smallest screwdriver to attach the watch strap to the watch back. I can't understand why Garmin would include a pin-removal tool but not a screwdriver.
I have plenty of small screwdrivers at home, but nothing as ludicrously small as the screws required to fit the strap. Took me an hour to fit the damn thing because I had to go through every toolbox and drawer in the house to find one that would do the trick. I still haven't found one small enough to really tighten the screws up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for a quick transition, 4 Mar. 2011
R. Jenkins (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
Why wouldn't you buy this if you do triathlons?! Releases the full potential of the 310 xt, and not really that bulky either. A little fiddly to fit as the provided tool doesn't actually tighten the screws. Just need a very small screwdriver to finish the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars It also comes with two attachments so both bikes now have an easy to use mount, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
Fairly simply to change watch to a handlebar mounted device which makes it far more usable for cycling and if you still want to use it as a watch then it comes with a mount to place between the otherwise redundant watch straps. It also comes with two attachments so both bikes now have an easy to use mount.
However the already bulky watch sits even higher on your wrist, which may bother some.
My only real criticism is that this would be nice to be with watch when you buy it. But as it's aimed at triathletes they'd keep it on their wrist. But it's a great device even if you just cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better value than pictured., 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
Why does the picture only show one bike mount when the kit includes two?
OK, it IS a bit fiddly removing the original strap and fitting the adapter piece to the watch, but with strong reading glasses and a small screwdriver it didn't take long and only has to be done once.
On my wrist the difference in height in not noticeable.
On both my bikes - because the kit comes with TWO mounts - it clicks on quickly and securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars As for the actual piece of kit I think it's great and my garmin sits comfortably on my bike stem ..., 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
It does exactly what it says it does. The instructions for mounting the watch could be a bit clearer as I had to find a demo on you tube to learn how to put the back piece on the watch but I managed it after a while. As for the actual piece of kit I think it's great and my garmin sits comfortably on my bike stem and bars with no movement at all. Really pleased and worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wouldn't Be Without It Now, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
I bought this to go with my 310XT as I began training for my first Duathlon. Adding this to my bike to transition from running to riding is a breeze and installation was easy. I now no longer have to glance at my wrist or shift my position on the bike when doing so. This keep your body position neutral with a straightforward glance down.

Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's necessary and works as expected, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
For a few bits of plastic, it's expensive.

The only problem with it as a watch it sits an extra 7mm from your wrist - that's noticeable when you look at it. Honestly, though, once you've a watch this size on, it doesn't make much difference.

It feels secure on the bike and on the wrist too. I've had no incidents of falling off of feeling wobbly over the last few weeks.

Setup is a bit fiddly, but you only have to do it once, remember. You will need a tiny screw driver. You get two bike mounts, which is handy.

5 stars because it allows you such freedom between cycling and running in a secure, convenient way.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the trick, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Garmin Quick Release Kit for Forerunner 310XT (Accessory)
Perfect. However, the text could include the fact that are actually two bike mounts in the package, not just one as one might think based on the images.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›