5.0 out of 5 stars Not For Everyone
This is a book for women who want to lose weight. Its catch is that it uses 'straight talk' to convey its ideas about how to lose weight. Do not buy this book if you are offended by profanity, which is abundant in the book. I can't really say that this is a 'diet' book, rather it is more of a diet 'method' book which teaches you what and what not to do and you go from...
Published on 21 Jun 2007 by a healthcare worker

3.0 out of 5 stars Okey
It's ok if you want to make some life changing decisions, but I think its mostly suited to Americans, most chapters are not relevant if you are Zambian.
Published 14 months ago by Mwansa Mumba

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
An excellent and informative book. I will be a vegetarian forever after reading. Such an important read for healthy people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Well-Written and Informative, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
This book is great for anyone looking into taking real charge of their health and well-being, those who want to know more about a plant-based diet, and those who are fed up of the rubbish that the media throws at us every day.

If you're looking for a book that informs you of the truth and gives you a laugh as well as a sharp kick, it's right here!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight talking kick in the a**, 25 Feb 2010
Kirsty Alana Rea "Cosmetically Obsessed" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
For anyone who just needs that extra kick to realise what it takes to lose weight, this is the book for you! Not for the easily offended though, it had lots of insults and home truths as well as lots of tips, great book. P.s not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!!

5.0 out of 5 stars No stone unturned in the fight against indulgence, 19 Jun 2007
K. Hutchings "Katherine P" (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Harsh but fair! The book makes you realise we'd all be better campaigning against multi million pound food companies than being carbon neutral. Too the point and easy to read even the gory bits - I did look away from some of the tales. I don't think I can commit to 100% veganism but I will apply the 80/20 rule. From now on 80% of the time I will be the best vegan I can and do it for all the right reasons. Then I think 20% of the time I can have the odd piece of fish, meat and a bit of cheese. The junk is going going gone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I really like it!, 3 Jan 2009
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
If you are easily offended then this may not be the book for you. Personally I found it motivating and a breath of fresh air.

I like the fact these girls just tell it how it is. It's really funny too, which makes it more enjoyable to read. I have always felt that generally we do not take enough care to find out about what is really in our food and I think we at least owe it to ourselves and our children to look at just what it is that we are feeding ourselves these days. Maybe the obesity issues will fade if we do.

This book makes perfect sense to me and I found it very helpful and motivating but then I like to hear things as they are, straight down the line with no unecessary frills and extra ink just to fill up a book. I have lost 3 stone since following the basic rules of the book. It is not a diet, it's a lifestyle and mindset change.

If you have a sugar/fat addiction, you are serious about kicking it, and you want some 'no-messing' girls to help with motivation buy this book... if you're easily offended or are quite happy continuing with a high sugar/fat diet and continuing to gain weight, leave it on the shelf.

That's just how it is! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's about being veggie for health benefits, if you can't give up meat don't read it and then give it a bad review?, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Lots of the reviews on here are being very unfair. It is a book about being vegan, if you are a non-veggie and nothing anyone says will change you, don't buy the book.
It's a nutrition book that you can read, like a book. Not just a normal nutrition 'bible' that you have to refer to but something you can enjoy reading.
I was already vegetarian out of cruelty aspects and I thought the book made good points about the health aspects and have lent my copy to many friends!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Read the book opened my eyes to all the yuk that goes into our food today, without reading this book my diet would still be poor and i would still be overweight, i havent followed the book page for page but have definatly made a few life changes and am much happier, healthier and slimmer now.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, inspiring, informative, 11 Oct 2008
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I am a rather fussy reader/film watcher/music listener. But this book gets 5 stars without fuss.

Reading it feels like talking to a sister or a close female friend. It's sweet, funny, yet informative and inspiring. It feels like time well spent. It leaves you smiling and motivated.

And motivation is such a priceless gift when you want to loose weight/ live healthier.

It made me laugh a lot too. Light-hearted, witty and entertaining read.

Although I'm not new to healthly eating, I found a lot of interesting new information in Skinny Bitch. Weather you take everything written here as gosspel or you just follow the guidlines loosely, you will benefit from the advice.

The authors thought about everything. There are lists of ingredients you should avoid, lists of "acceptable" junk foods, other reading resources etc. There are also references to literature the authors were using to back up their advice. So they do treat the reader seriously.

It's a "holistic" approach. It's not just about food and dieting. It's about a lifestyle. An honest and no-nonsense guide to becoming an attractive, vibrant and strong-minded woman of Today. Happy, healthy and care-free. Vigorous, calm and self-content.

I recommend this book as a guide to eating well and feeling great and as a fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Love, 5 Aug 2007
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
I read all the available reviews before I bought this book and was prepared for the 'lively' tone and straight talking. I thought it spelt out its message clearly and with humour but made very important points. We are poisoning ourselves and our planet with our lifestyles, we are getting fatter and fatter whilst becoming more and more depressed and we keep looking for a quick fix. These two ladies tells us straight - no quick fixes, no magic pills or potions - just clean, healthy food and living. If you want to improve your health, your figure and your perception then buy this book and follow its message, if you are not prepared or ready to make the effort then wait a while before having a go. To be fair, if you read the book, they do say that even adopting one of their suggestions will help towards a healthier future - take it one day at a time and, one day, in the not-too-distant future, we will be where we want to be. Read this, enjoy and go forward. I am sourcing vegan cookbooks as we speak!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent well written book, 12 Aug 2009
Joanne Murphy (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Such a great straight to the point book. Tells you all the evils behind processed foods!! Can't say enough about this book it has really hit a cord with me I'm just back from the health food shop hoping to change my eating habits for good!! It is written in a very direct way with bad language thrown in to emphasise points but it really makes you think about what you are shoveling into your mouth! It's a pity it gives suggestions of American vegan food products as I live in Ireland. But if you are serious about changing your lifestyle or even want to know more about the truth behind ingredients in food buy this book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›