5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain battery
Published 17 months ago by William Percival

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.
As others have said, it doesn't last as long as the official battery, but for this price, just buy a bunch of them if that's an issue for you. I really just use it as an emergency replacement anyway.

One small thing, and the reason I've knocked an extra star off, it won't willingly come out of my camera.

With the normal battery, I just release the...
Published 20 months ago by N. Joshi

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain battery, 22 Mar 2013
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Following the logic that 'you get what you pay for', this battery would be vastly under-perform the more expensive Canon LP-E5 Battery Pack For EOS 450D & EOS 1000D which costs approximately 6 times as much. This is however not the case as from my usage of this battery, with my Canon EOS 500D, I have found that it lasts approximately three-quarters as long as the official Canon branded battery when taking photos and videos.

It therefore seems that those buying the official Canon product are doing largely so to get the Canon branded seal of approval. If you do not mind changing the battery ever so slightly more often then I would recommend that you buy yourself a handful of these batteries and that you stay clear of buying Canon's own.

Overall, a very good alternative to Canon's pricey replacement batteries. I would thoroughly recommend this item for those going on holiday or those simply requiring some extra juice for their camera. Alternatively you could purchase the Maxsima - LP-E5, 1600mAh Battery for Canon 450D 500D 1000D which performs very similarly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another value product, 18 Aug 2011
For the price I was paying I think I was permitted to be slightly apprehensive -but no it works ok -charges ok maybe time will tell but for now it`s got my vote-I shall be purchasing another two very soon

5.0 out of 5 stars the cheap the good and the time will tell, 12 Jan 2011
got this replacement battery for my canon not bad a little tight to get into the traveling charger but with a little push it goes done well been using it for most of the day put it back on charge only took 48 mins to bring it back to full charge i know its new but i have 3 of them now so won't get a bashing like it done today will give it 8 out 10 so pretty good cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Good low-cost replacement for the factory original, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Neewer Lp-E5 Replacement Battery For Canon Eos Xs Xsi T1I 450D 500D 1000D & More! (Electronics)
Indistinguishable from the Canon original to look at (apart from the writing on it) this fits the camera and the original charger like a glove. So far I haven't had the opportunity to test its capacity against the original but it seemed to charge in about the same time, so I suspect the capacity to be more than adequate. If you're looking for a backup battery for your dSLR,you could do a lot worse than this. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars On Time!!, 13 Nov 2013
Unfortunately I've found out that my camera is damage so, I cannot write a proper review about this battery and I cannot give 5 stars because of it. However. it arrived on time and everything went fine on this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price but excellent quality, 29 Oct 2013
Bought these to go into a battery grip to fit a Canon EOS digital camera. Worked perfectly and still had the vast majority of their charge after constant use on a fortnights holiday. Can't fault them, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars canon battery, 13 July 2013
R. Cunningham - See all my reviews
I needed a spare battery for my camera and this was the best buy well done to the seller and will recommend them to my friends

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 20 Dec 2012
N. Joshi "Joshi" (UK) - See all my reviews

With the normal battery, I just release the catch and the battery pops out, but with this one, that doesn't happen. It's not stuck, per se, but I do need something to jimmy it out like a knife or pair of pliers, which isn't terribly convenient. I'm not sure if it's ever so slightly thicker than the normal battery, which is why it acts this way, but it's annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the one that come with the camera, 29 Aug 2012
This battey was incredibly cheap and is the 1500mAh, same as came with my Canon 450D, so the battery life is as good as the original which is ages. Some of the other batteries I saw were a lower mAh, hard to say how much less the battery life would be though. Bought as an addition to the original battery, expect them both to last, the original been going strong for years with fairly regular use.

5.0 out of 5 stars canon battery, 19 Mar 2013
this was the best value for money , and i have been using it for some time now and can not tell the difference between the canon one, and yes i would say to anyone get it and try it