5.0 out of 5 stars HP 344 ink cart

1.0 out of 5 stars No Sale by date
Published on 15 July 2009 by Stephen Langford

5.0 out of 5 stars HP 344 ink cart, 6 July 2009
Ms. R. Smith (wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this product on Amazon and found that is was a lot cheaper than the shops. I have always used the HP range as that is the make of my printer I have not used other refills or cartridges that say they are compatible, as this has been known to clog your printer. The service provided by the retailer was great and fast. The product gives perfect photo finish that you would see with that of the photo labs. The colours have great contrast and sharp picture quality. I am very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP344, 22 Sept. 2010
It is what it is and arrived on time at a good price. No original box in the packaging though, so let's hope the 'use by' date is well ahead as I've yet to realise the need to install it and confirm that it works! Why don't HP I wonder put the use-by date on the internal wrapping as well as the retail box that is so often missing with internet purchase deliveries?? Would remove any possibility of unscrupulous sales wouldn't it?

1.0 out of 5 stars No Sale by date, 15 July 2009
Stephen Langford "Steve Langford" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst the ink cartridge has been working fine it came without its outer packaging. Cartridge King advised me that they had they had posted the fact that the outer packaging would not be included on the Amazon website. I searced for this but could find no evidence of it. This might seem a minor thing but the outer packaging condains details of the sale-by/use-by date. This means if you tend to keep a couple of spare cartridges in hand it impossible to tell which cartridges should be used first. It also means it is impossible to tell if the company is selling you an out of date cartridge. I quereied this with Cartridge King and they assured me that they never sell out of date cartridges - unfortunatally I only have their word for this. In summary the cartridge was a genuine HP cartridge (not a refilled one) and was cheep and worked well. Cartridge King were very efficent in replying to my emails. BUT I was dissapointed not to recieve the outer packaging as I am left wonering just how old the cartridge actually was!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying for the real thing, 11 Feb. 2014
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: HP 344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
Just to support what many others have said here: there are cheaper reconditioned cartridges available but I've tried several now and the print quality and quantity of printing is invariably inferior. Not only that, some have caused repeated and infuriating error messages like "Carriage Jam" from my printer. This may cost more, but for me it's definitely worth it: excellent quality, it lasts well and gives no hassle. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 6 April 2010
Quality normally comes at a price, having the quality of original HP ink cartridges at this price with free delivery from this seller (Modern Ape) is a high street killer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: HP 344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
The cartridge arrived on time but without the HP external packing so it was not possible to determine the "use by" date. The advertising clearly shows the product in the full packaging. Cannot tell whether it is old stock. Most unsatisfactory.

2.0 out of 5 stars HP344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge, 15 Sept. 2011
This review is from: HP 344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
Did I miss something in the product description? I was under the impression that I was buying a proper HP cartridge and not a refilled one. I can buy refilled ones for much less and would not have bought this one had I known it was not a proper one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 April 2009
Ms. B. Devenyi "brigitta" (brigitta) - See all my reviews
Bought it for a friend, he said it lasted long, and printed good quality pictures, text and so on.. The delivery was also fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would buy from here again, 16 Sept. 2009
Genuine HP cartridge, in proper HP packaging, arrived quickly in good condition. Would buy from '7dayshop' again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date cartridge, 21 April 2012
This review is from: HP 344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge (Office Product)
Ordered a HP 344 colour cartridge on 17th March 2012 and when it arrived the use by date was FEB 2012.

HP 344 Tri Colour Ink Cartridge